Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50328 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 21: Anomaly Exploration
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2015, 01:08:18 pm »

((Maybe they're just playing a prank on you. Only moving when you're not looking to freak you out, like in that game children play.
Also, PTW.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2015, 02:47:55 pm »

"Sir, requesting combat parameters. At what level of provocation do I frag 'em?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2015, 02:49:56 pm »

Follow Dr. Sanctor.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2015, 02:50:44 pm »

((Maybe they're just playing a prank on you. Only moving when you're not looking to freak you out, like in that game children play.
Also, PTW.))

((OR WORSE))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2015, 04:04:49 pm »

"Sir, requesting combat parameters. At what level of provocation do I frag 'em?"
"When they are shooting and or stabbing you. Try not to waste anyone when they point a knife at you just because they're groggy from being in an anomaly. We're here to help these people, remember. Now Team II, like the good doctor said, we're going to start going west. Stick together, take it slow, throw bolts like it's going out of style and keep your distance from anything weird."

Start making our way to the closest building to our west. Throw bolts at all times to make sure we don't accidentally an anomaly. Keep a good distance from any known anomaly. If we spot a different group, stop and cameye the shit out of them. If we arrive at a new building, cameye the crap out of it and throw bolts towards the entrance.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

"If you want I can come over and talk to them, but it you guys think you have it handled, I'll be over here with team two."

Follow team two.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2015, 07:14:48 pm »

"Following from vantage point sir Pancaek"
Follow Captain Pancaek and stick with the team, have pawn out and ready to use, while following use flight so that I follow from 25 m above to give a better vantage point. Notate any anomalies or unusual features to the team map. If I see the team about to step into anything weird that I can see warn them. Also throw bolts at all the anomaly things before going near them at all then only approach within 10m if possible.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:50:36 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2015, 08:04:36 pm »

"Well, we're certainly in a place that fucks with dimensions. The void had a bunch of glowy bubbles, which hasn't happened before. I'm gonna go back in and try and poke one."

Re-enter the void, and attempt to poke one of the bubbles with the metal poking stick. If nothing happens, walk until I think I'm out of the dome, and exit the void. If Timmy shows up, leave immediately.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:20 pm »

NO! Permission denied, Morul. I... have my reasons, but I don't like those "bubbles" as you described them.

Think about this way: If we lose you out there, no one can come help you there; let us first discern the anomalies nature here in realspace and then consider poking their shadows in voidspace. Especially since we might have a survivor to tell us about them.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2015, 12:39:52 pm »

:Barricaded. More importantly, one of the frozen students seem to have unfrozen after I walked away and followed me. Attempting contact, though I'm not very good at this sort of thing.: ((-1 Charisma, bleh.))

Radio teammates. Wave at the person, point my laser rifle away from them. Use provided dictionary to say "Hello. Are you okay?"

Quick check to see if the thermal signatures of the people trying to climb through the window are still there. And keep an eye on my surroundings for other non-frozen people. If the person starts moving towards me, hold up a hand to indicate I want them to stay back. Maintain safety distance for now, by backing away if needed.

If they walk towards me and don't stop when I gesture at them to stay back or back away from them, point laser rifle at them. If they still don't stop, shoot at their legs. Not enough to cut them off, but enough to cause damage and hopefully make them fall over.

They don't respond, they just keep staring at you.

You try to see the thermals through the building but there are lots of other thermals in the structure that make determining it difficult. You're not sure of the others have moved. However, you can see several other thermals over near where the guy peeking at you is.

Commander Sanctor, Team I

Hasala, this is important. Check his thermal signature and try to find a way to confirm that he is not an illusion. Fly off if needed, do not make physical contact yet. Non-lethal testing is permitted.

I'm coming.
((Charisma 0, better than nothing; only Doomblade's character has better, but he is needed on his team.)) Team I, follow me; Morul, take the longer land route around, if needed, but follow us as well.

Team II, Pancaek, I want you to move west of current position. Investigate the closest buildings and people, and slowly take the sweep towards the center of the place. Be careful.

Fly out towards Hasala's position. Teams are finally split, and Team II is following Pancaek (Eddie ((Dorsidwarf)) and Lucricia((E_D)) should be tagging along with him).
Arrive to the side of the living person Hasala spotted. Confirm the person's existence and living state via all observation levels available (thermal signatures, x-ray, etc. - use Hasala's and Ulrich's cam-eyes feeds) and run through Mad Hatter scrambling. If nothing strange comes up, approach the person (socially, not physically - at all times keep 20 ft. minimal distance) and ask "What happened?" in local language.

You fly over and land to the side of the person looking at Hasala. From your position, you can see both him and 3 others that are just behind him, all equally frozen. One appears to be  standing, staring directly at the wall. The other two are frozen in what seems to be mid-conversation, their mouths open and hands trapped in half finished gestures. However, you notice something off; the one on the left, a young woman, looks normal enough, but the one on the right, an older man, has his feet pointing the wrong way. A scan with x-ray shows that the entire leg has been rotated 180 degrees, popped straight out of the hip socket.

They don't respond to your words.

Ulrich Leland, Team I

"It doesn't appear to be temporal anomaly because my bullet went straight over their heads without slowing down."

Set left eye on infrared, toggle right eye between motion tracking and normal every few seconds. Fly after Maurice, but land near Hasala where it is confirmedly safe.
You land near hasala and keep an eye on motion tracking. Nothing yet.

Follow Dr. Sanctor.
Done and done

"When they are shooting and or stabbing you. Try not to waste anyone when they point a knife at you just because they're groggy from being in an anomaly. We're here to help these people, remember. Now Team II, like the good doctor said, we're going to start going west. Stick together, take it slow, throw bolts like it's going out of style and keep your distance from anything weird."

Start making our way to the closest building to our west. Throw bolts at all times to make sure we don't accidentally an anomaly. Keep a good distance from any known anomaly. If we spot a different group, stop and cameye the shit out of them. If we arrive at a new building, cameye the crap out of it and throw bolts towards the entrance.
"If you want I can come over and talk to them, but it you guys think you have it handled, I'll be over here with team two."

Follow team two.
"Following from vantage point sir Pancaek"
Follow Captain Pancaek and stick with the team, have pawn out and ready to use, while following use flight so that I follow from 25 m above to give a better vantage point. Notate any anomalies or unusual features to the team map. If I see the team about to step into anything weird that I can see warn them. Also throw bolts at all the anomaly things before going near them at all then only approach within 10m if possible.
The closest building to the west is 11 on the map, McGraw Hall. This building has obviously been more heavily barricaded, though entirely from the inside. You can see that the windows on the first floor were covered and closed, and there are signs that people had spent a long time on the roof or higher levels. Piles of cigarette butts, trash and waste tossed down, etc. No visible heat signatures inside it though.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2015, 01:27:16 pm »

Something is utterly wrong here. They look misshapen, as if something - or someone - else moved them a bit. Interestingly, the people are also clustered here; a chain reaction based on proximity, perhaps? Regardless, let us observe them again later.

Okay, Team I, it's time to sweep the building. I don't like the look of the barricade, so let's enter from above. Hasala, Ulrich, I want one of you to look through the building down from the rooftop with your cam-eyes and try to locate the humans inside. Bartholomew, I want you to make a hole in the roof with your Spekter in case there is no open door.

Help Morul get to the rooftop. Look for a suitable entrance.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:45 pm »

Ulrich Leland: Team I

"Ok."

Fly on rooftop of this building. If there's frozen people then stay hovering above Hasala on rooftop level.
Scan the building with x-ray and radiation modes, trying to locate any humans inside. Walk/fly around a bit to get better sense of their locations. If possible, mark their locations on Mad Hatter. Then switch back to previous cameye mode combination and look around surroundings. Anything changed?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:29:38 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2015, 02:04:02 pm »

:Since they've moved, I'm going to try the window they were climbing through. It will at least confirm whether whatever's doing this is affecting specific areas or not. If it is, then throwing bolts doesn't actually show whether it's safe to walk through a space.:

Retrace my steps back around the building to confirm the lack of anyone near the open window. If so, attempt to enter the building through it. Also, reminder here that I'm still constantly scanning everything with my CamEyes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2015, 10:30:43 am »

Something is utterly wrong here. They look misshapen, as if something - or someone - else moved them a bit. Interestingly, the people are also clustered here; a chain reaction based on proximity, perhaps? Regardless, let us observe them again later.

Okay, Team I, it's time to sweep the building. I don't like the look of the barricade, so let's enter from above. Hasala, Ulrich, I want one of you to look through the building down from the rooftop with your cam-eyes and try to locate the humans inside. Bartholomew, I want you to make a hole in the roof with your Spekter in case there is no open door.

Help Morul get to the rooftop. Look for a suitable entrance.
You carry morul up to the roof and look around. There's no obvious door, however there is a largish raised square over in one corner of the roof. You can't tell what it is from here because of the snow, but you're willing to bet it might be a hatch.
Ulrich Leland: Team I

"Ok."

Fly on rooftop of this building. If there's frozen people then stay hovering above Hasala on rooftop level.
Scan the building with x-ray and radiation modes, trying to locate any humans inside. Walk/fly around a bit to get better sense of their locations. If possible, mark their locations on Mad Hatter. Then switch back to previous cameye mode combination and look around surroundings. Anything changed?

You Scan the building. There are several heat signatures scattered around, most alone, but a few in groups. Maybe 25 or so in total in the entire building. You let everyone know their location.

:Since they've moved, I'm going to try the window they were climbing through. It will at least confirm whether whatever's doing this is affecting specific areas or not. If it is, then throwing bolts doesn't actually show whether it's safe to walk through a space.:

Retrace my steps back around the building to confirm the lack of anyone near the open window. If so, attempt to enter the building through it. Also, reminder here that I'm still constantly scanning everything with my CamEyes.
You walk back around and check the window. It's vacant now, and still open. You climb in through the window and find yourself ankle deep in rotting leaves and snow. The room is quite badly deteriorated and the door is barred, but otherwise it is unremarkable.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2015, 05:33:39 pm »

"Pancaek or whatever your name is, do I permission to enter the building and explore?"

If permission is granted, break down the barricade (by hand/knife is preferred, monoatomic machete if needed) and let my team in. Sweep and secure the first floor, looking for clues as to what might have happened.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33