Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50262 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #345 on: September 23, 2015, 11:58:29 pm »

Great.

Be aware. Observe surroundings. Try to be whole. Brain, soul and mind goes back where they belong. Into the body. And the amp. And the thing that lives inside the amp. Back in.
Unless something exceptionally unusual is observed from current position.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:26:15 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2015, 01:08:36 am »

Utilise grenade launcher to put a great big HE grenade into the most damaged-looking part of the circle, then run like stink for the breach in the shield.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2015, 05:03:16 am »

((PW my clf3 was from the PAWN not grenades))
"As you command sir"
fly fast as possible towards the big hole avoiding varied death rays by moving in a sine curve pattern to the hole. If it is the outside then go through and begin transmitting to steve and continue moving away from the dome so that I have a chance if any murder lasers come for me. If not our world then don't go through get close while remaining a bit out of sight and begin HMRC standard wierd shit testing guidelines
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:43:57 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2015, 01:02:15 pm »

once more with gusto. It's bound to succeed if I just keep trying, durr.

Also, if I do shake free of the whatever's hold, immediatly use mass amp to propel myself away. Just, away from wherever I am, fast like.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:28:05 pm by Pancaek »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2015, 01:25:04 pm »

Blackened wasteland - is it the real world (ground everywhere damaged by the attack of the flame figure), or an alien dimension (it's not black because of the attack, it's that world's natural color)? The sky color should be the dead giveaway, I assume.

Someone, get Ulrich's QEC pack and try contacting Steve!

Konrad, get out of the dome and record the transition data! See if the world outside is our universe, or not.

Funny how this mission's main objective can still be salvaged. Possibly. At the cost of a life.

Lucricia, Han, whoever of you still have the aster-ex, see if you can lay a mine in its path!

Eddie, keep firing on the circle!

Send another incapacitating shock to Pancaek. Pray that he might snap out of the circle - if he is there.

What is Ulrich's condition, by the way? What do medical sensors of his suit show?

Okay, time to think things over.
Let the brain race in search of an answer to this situation, to dealing with the flame-sheathed creature. Think about it. My own health and survival do not matter, but the future of humanity and victory in this war (in tiny bit affected by my personal efforts) does. What should I do, if anything at all? ((Once upon a time it was Int, but now it's... Mind? GenKnow?))

Oh, and... let's consider it too. Specifically, let's see what my intuition (as fickle and unreliable as she is in my case) has to say on the idea of boldly charging the alien entity and attempting to initiate a mind duel with it - to free Morul from the pyramid god and to free the pyramid god from Morul. ((Intu, please.))

And finally - let's hear Mechanical Muse too. Any port in a storm.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:37:08 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 24, 2015, 10:02:09 pm »

"I can mine it. Just let me know if you're going to be in the way."

Place the aster-ex in the path of the dark figure, unless Maurice plans to engage directly. Either way, take a step outside of the boundary and take environmental readings before stepping back inside.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2015, 10:18:43 am »

I question the wisdom of this person. He sounds like he might be an idiot.

That was me that said that, and as with every question that asks if I'm an idiot, the answer is that sufficient idiocy can be enough to drag down smart people to a lower level and beat them with experience. I'm not an idiot myself but I'm very experienced in using it.
It's like I'm a Sith, only I use the dumbass side of the force.
(I actually only said that because I thought I was the one he was quoting)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2015, 12:34:44 pm »

I question the wisdom of this person. He sounds like he might be an idiot.

That was me that said that, and as with every question that asks if I'm an idiot, the answer is that sufficient idiocy can be enough to drag down smart people to a lower level and beat them with experience. I'm not an idiot myself but I'm very experienced in using it.
It's like I'm a Sith, only I use the dumbass side of the force.
(I actually only said that because I thought I was the one he was quoting)
((Heh, goes for both of us then :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 25, 2015, 09:59:53 pm »

:Steve, are you receiving this transmission?:

Attempt to contact Steve (or the unnamed ARM vessel in orbit, that works too) via suit comms. Don't bother with going for the QE communicator if that doesn't work; just continue to continue observing. Be prepared to dodge if our friendly neighbourhood space magic god tosses a reality bomb at the bystander several hundred meters away, for some reason. Contribute generator-powered laser rifle, if my teammates' efforts to disrupt the circles before SM-god-possessed Morul reaches them don't look to be enough.

...Also keep an eye on Ulrich; if said SM god tosses a reality bomb at him, stop whichever I'm doing at the moment and use my mass manipulation amp to yank his unconscious body out of the way. (Horizontally and towards my position, specifically.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2015, 02:21:15 pm »

"WHY DOES THIS THING EXIST"
ACTIVATE PLAN: I'M NOT SUICIDAL.
RUN AWAAAAYYYYY.
Edit: Gimme some mechanical muse, too.

Well, in the direction you're running, you quickly hit the edge of the anamoly and find that the invisible wall that was there before is still there. At least here.

I am only relaying their message...

...Old Apparatus...

...Moth Kingdom...

...Rails crossing the sky...

Great.

Be aware. Observe surroundings. Try to be whole. Brain, soul and mind goes back where they belong. Into the body. And the amp. And the thing that lives inside the amp. Back in.
Unless something exceptionally unusual is observed from current position.

Well you regain consciousness, but you also see that ineffable something that got yanked out of you down on the ground.

Utilise grenade launcher to put a great big HE grenade into the most damaged-looking part of the circle, then run like stink for the breach in the shield.
((PW my clf3 was from the PAWN not grenades))
"As you command sir"
fly fast as possible towards the big hole avoiding varied death rays by moving in a sine curve pattern to the hole. If it is the outside then go through and begin transmitting to steve and continue moving away from the dome so that I have a chance if any murder lasers come for me. If not our world then don't go through get close while remaining a bit out of sight and begin HMRC standard wierd shit testing guidelines
Grenades, bullets, whatever. Same deadly gas.

You fire one more HE grenade and then both of you make a run for the breech in the wall.

You both make it out  and onto the devastated black plain beyond. That thing's shot has scorched a massive swath of countryside expanding outward. You can't see where it ends; if it ends.

once more with gusto. It's bound to succeed if I just keep trying, durr.

Also, if I do shake free of the whatever's hold, immediatly use mass amp to propel myself away. Just, away from wherever I am, fast like.

So, you manage to kinda break free. Not entirely, but enough to focus your amp and hurl yourself back. You don't escape the anomaly, but you land near the break in the wall. Your body is still frozen and doesn't react, but your mind is mostly under your control for the moment.

"I can mine it. Just let me know if you're going to be in the way."

Place the aster-ex in the path of the dark figure, unless Maurice plans to engage directly. Either way, take a step outside of the boundary and take environmental readings before stepping back inside.
"Place"?  As in run up into that thing's path and line of sight and just set and explosive down in front of it?

Just checking.

:Steve, are you receiving this transmission?:

Attempt to contact Steve (or the unnamed ARM vessel in orbit, that works too) via suit comms. Don't bother with going for the QE communicator if that doesn't work; just continue to continue observing. Be prepared to dodge if our friendly neighbourhood space magic god tosses a reality bomb at the bystander several hundred meters away, for some reason. Contribute generator-powered laser rifle, if my teammates' efforts to disrupt the circles before SM-god-possessed Morul reaches them don't look to be enough.

...Also keep an eye on Ulrich; if said SM god tosses a reality bomb at him, stop whichever I'm doing at the moment and use my mass manipulation amp to yank his unconscious body out of the way. (Horizontally and towards my position, specifically.)

Well, you're not outside the dome, so no signal.

Blackened wasteland - is it the real world (ground everywhere damaged by the attack of the flame figure), or an alien dimension (it's not black because of the attack, it's that world's natural color)? The sky color should be the dead giveaway, I assume.

Someone, get Ulrich's QEC pack and try contacting Steve!

Konrad, get out of the dome and record the transition data! See if the world outside is our universe, or not.

Funny how this mission's main objective can still be salvaged. Possibly. At the cost of a life.

Lucricia, Han, whoever of you still have the aster-ex, see if you can lay a mine in its path!

Eddie, keep firing on the circle!

Send another incapacitating shock to Pancaek. Pray that he might snap out of the circle - if he is there.

What is Ulrich's condition, by the way? What do medical sensors of his suit show?

Okay, time to think things over.
Let the brain race in search of an answer to this situation, to dealing with the flame-sheathed creature. Think about it. My own health and survival do not matter, but the future of humanity and victory in this war (in tiny bit affected by my personal efforts) does. What should I do, if anything at all? ((Once upon a time it was Int, but now it's... Mind? GenKnow?))

Oh, and... let's consider it too. Specifically, let's see what my intuition (as fickle and unreliable as she is in my case) has to say on the idea of boldly charging the alien entity and attempting to initiate a mind duel with it - to free Morul from the pyramid god and to free the pyramid god from Morul. ((Intu, please.))

And finally - let's hear Mechanical Muse too. Any port in a storm.
It appears to be the real world, just thoroughly beaten up by space magic.

Well lets see...I'll be nice and say you don't send that shock since you probably should see his vitals spasm when he gets out of the thing's control. Otherwise you would shock him back unconcious.

He's back awake now. No damage visible on the medical sensors. Passed out for unknown reasons.

Nope, still intuition. Gen knowledge is sort of a catch all + Lore/world info stat.

Intuition... hmm. Lets roll mind. Ah. Well 6 and 2 respectively. Thats unfortunate

I understand...

...Book of Divination...

...How He Loves To Sink A Ship...

...I'm Transmitting Tonight...

Now, let me ask you something: Your wiki inventory, what all of that is on your person right now?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2015, 02:38:04 pm »

((Piecewise: Everything the cheatsheet says I have (i.e. sections 'Mission Gear' and 'Combat Gear' of my inventory).

Also, in that first attempt, I was going for Intelligence roll (Int), not Intuition (Intu). Once upon a time those were a thing, but now they have probably been moved to rolling a different stat. Oh well.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:39:53 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »

((Piecewise: Everything the cheatsheet says I have (i.e. sections 'Mission Gear' and 'Combat Gear' of my inventory).

Also, in that first attempt, I was going for Intelligence roll (Int), not Intuition (Intu). Once upon a time those were a thing, but now they have probably been moved to rolling a different stat. Oh well.))
Nuh UH! Intuition and Intelligence were never the same thing.  Intuition has always been the "Pull clues about what I should do out of thin air" stat. Mind is just Int and Will rolled into one.

Alright people, I'll handle Maurice's overshot/failure action here in the next turn.

I would suggest that the rest of you de-ass the area with the quickness.  Because maurice here just spent this turn thinking of solutions in which his own survival doesn't matter and he rolled a 2 on self control.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2015, 03:11:29 pm »

((I was going to run away anyway.))

"Well, this is nice place and all, but I think I have just had enough. And since the way out is apparently clear, I'm out. See ya."

Abandon teammates and fly out using the apparent opening the alien god blasted. Let's say 200 km/h. If I get succesfully outside, report to Steve via radio or QEC, which ever works. Steer towards the shuttle while staying far away from the anomaly area to the point I have to fly towards it to get to the shuttle.

"It appears we released a space god or something and it is about to perform a ritual or something. It stole something from me when I used amp. The... intent? I don't know. I guess you can pull what my suit has recorded so far? And did any QEC message get through?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »

Quote from: Pancaek -> all team
I have assumed direct control.

Well, sort of. My body is still frozen but at least I'm back from dreamy land. I've landed my sculped ass near a crack in some kind of wall.

Speaking of which, what the fuck has been going on since I was out? Anyone mind filling me in, the stuff I saw while being hurled through the air didn't seem right.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2015, 03:43:38 pm »

Fire in the hole! Everyone clear ground zero! Which is the dome!

Pancaek!..

Hasala, Ulrich, pick up Pancaek and me after I leave the suit!

Everyone else, MOVE MOVE MOVE! Run, jump, fly, get away!

...I'm overloading my suit's reactor.

Mistress, this is an offering to you. Let me be strong enough to continue suffering your affections. ...You haven't yet tired of toying with me, have you?

Pray. Execute the plan. Try to survive and keep at least the cursed knife, my whole combat belt if possible.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33