Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50292 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2015, 11:37:25 am »

I've got 4 mind for crying out loud. I am The One! Regain consciousness!!

Actually, maybe wrenching control away from it isn't the best idea. Maybe try to focus and make a sort of communication like I did with the planet thingy during the halloween event.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:49:23 pm by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2015, 11:48:11 am »

You're also a human being puppeted by an alien god.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2015, 11:55:16 am »

((True, but, I mean, I can't just let him have my body without at least trying to fight it, no? I kind of need to get it back. I need that braincase to live.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »

God confirmed, get Lars on the line.

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »

((Then Lars can perform his special LESHO exorcism. Also given that this is the final boss I bet it is immortal till we kill the puppets or something like that.))
Shoot into the puppets rely on clf3 to disperse and damage them so spread it out a bit, aim at the snow so that the clf3 can use that readily available supply of hydrogen and oxygen sitting about. Circle around using flight avoid giant black death-testicles produced by flamey man. If the attack on the puppet people is ineffective then run away and hide for a bit.

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2015, 05:09:47 pm »

A wise man once said: "There is no problem caused by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person that cannot be fixed by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person."

Pop the exo pill. Screw Morul about hundred times around into properly twisted screw while simultaneously compressing him into head of a pin.
Then fly away from him in 90° angle. Fast, but not max speed fast.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:53:49 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2015, 05:40:03 pm »

Turn off Mad Hatter distortion.
I can't see him this way, damnation.

Bartolomew offline? Just what the... oh. Oh no.

What is the status of the bomb Bartolomew was carrying, by the way?

This is not Morul. And this little shock must have been felt.

Okay, first? Move away from friendlies.
Load Potion #18 into the suit's autofeeding slot in preparation for quick use.
Gain altitude and observe the rings; try Mad Hattering the center of rings the way I did it with the center of the dome (complete with checking out various distortion levels).

How wide are the rings, by the way? Especially the inner one.

Ulrich... good luck. Try zipping away afterwards, just in case it doesn't work.

Mission teams, we are in a pinch. As you saw, this creature is extremely dangerous. It must not be allowed into the galaxy outside; it is also incredibly lethal in dealing with those who try to harm it. It doesn't look like mere physical weapons can damage it; and with both Pancaek and Morul taken, our sources of space magic are halved. There is a body of our comrade inside that creature, undeniably; and you are welcome to thinking of ways to stop the creature and free our comrade, if possible. Your ideas and contribution is welcome; however, first make certain you would not be needlessly sacrificing your lives. You've seen what it does in retaliation - it can be outrun, presumably, but you're dead if it hits you.

I can only hope what I inferred from the results of this attack is correct. May Mistress help us all.

When Ulrich hits, send another incapacitating shock signal, greater this time, to both Pancaek and Morul. Dodge around afterwards, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2015, 09:43:48 pm »

Make a tactical retreat towards the boundary, keeping an eye on the action.

"With all due respect, I don't think I can do much here. Good luck."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2015, 11:54:10 pm »

"Got it."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:38 am »

((Aim for the chest! I wanna deathmatch Timmy!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:20 am »

Screw it, chuck a couple of goop grenades into the ring of puppets, then start running in a direction away from the firey man and his puppet posse, in a vauge direction of another building that looks as if something important may be in it.
((Chances of survival: ~0%.
Percantage of a completed idea of what to do: 0%))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2015, 01:02:28 am »

Screw it, chuck a couple of goop grenades into the ring of puppets, then start running in a direction away from the firey man and his puppet posse, in a vauge direction of another building that looks as if something important may be in it.
Fire frag at one of the puppets, run like stink with running stilts to find cover that isn't abou to explode.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2015, 09:02:59 pm »

Actually, maybe wrenching control away from it isn't the best idea. Maybe try to focus and make a sort of communication like I did with the planet thingy during the halloween event.

Another failure. You're gonna need a 5 to get this to work, +4 or not.

((Then Lars can perform his special LESHO exorcism. Also given that this is the final boss I bet it is immortal till we kill the puppets or something like that.))
Shoot into the puppets rely on clf3 to disperse and damage them so spread it out a bit, aim at the snow so that the clf3 can use that readily available supply of hydrogen and oxygen sitting about. Circle around using flight avoid giant black death-testicles produced by flamey man. If the attack on the puppet people is ineffective then run away and hide for a bit.

You lob several of the grenades down into the spinning rings of men and women. They continue spinning and running even while they burn, but a few seem to be breaking apart to the point that they're going to completely collapse. Given a bit longer, the circle will probably break.

A wise man once said: "There is no problem caused by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person that cannot be fixed by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person."

Pop the exo pill. Screw Morul about hundred times around into properly twisted screw while simultaneously compressing him into head of a pin.
Then fly away from him in 90° angle. Fast, but not max speed fast.

I question the wisdom of this person. He sound like he might be an idiot.

Speaking of! This is a very interesting idea you've come up with for reasons you don't understand!

You try to twist morul's head off. His head gets as far as twisting hard to the side before something weird happens. Normally, you can feel the invisible force coming from you, and you can feel it reaching like a great tendril out to the place you sent it and touching it with your intentions. But this time, something grabs that extending tendril of psychic intent and yanks hard.

Make a tactical retreat towards the boundary, keeping an eye on the action.

"With all due respect, I don't think I can do much here. Good luck."
Fire frag at one of the puppets, run like stink with running stilts to find cover that isn't abou to explode.
Two of you fire on the people, dealing some relatively good damage, before turning and running for the far boundary to the anomaly.

Turn off Mad Hatter distortion.
I can't see him this way, damnation.

Bartolomew offline? Just what the... oh. Oh no.

What is the status of the bomb Bartolomew was carrying, by the way?

This is not Morul. And this little shock must have been felt.

Okay, first? Move away from friendlies.
Load Potion #18 into the suit's autofeeding slot in preparation for quick use.
Gain altitude and observe the rings; try Mad Hattering the center of rings the way I did it with the center of the dome (complete with checking out various distortion levels).

How wide are the rings, by the way? Especially the inner one.

Ulrich... good luck. Try zipping away afterwards, just in case it doesn't work.

Mission teams, we are in a pinch. As you saw, this creature is extremely dangerous. It must not be allowed into the galaxy outside; it is also incredibly lethal in dealing with those who try to harm it. It doesn't look like mere physical weapons can damage it; and with both Pancaek and Morul taken, our sources of space magic are halved. There is a body of our comrade inside that creature, undeniably; and you are welcome to thinking of ways to stop the creature and free our comrade, if possible. Your ideas and contribution is welcome; however, first make certain you would not be needlessly sacrificing your lives. You've seen what it does in retaliation - it can be outrun, presumably, but you're dead if it hits you.

I can only hope what I inferred from the results of this attack is correct. May Mistress help us all.

When Ulrich hits, send another incapacitating shock signal, greater this time, to both Pancaek and Morul. Dodge around afterwards, of course.

The bomb is gone. As is everything in the expanding cone out from where Morul was standing when he looked at you. In fact, you're pretty sure he even destroyed the barrier around the school because you can see the blackened wasteland extending for miles away from here.

The rings are breaking up, but the center one is about 10 feet in diameter and the rest are spaced out about 5-10 feet away from the ring before them. Scanning through mad hatter reveals a lot of weird technicolor geometric distortions but it doesn't seem to be anything useful.

You wait for Ulrich to do his thing but something unexpected happens. Ulrich goes suddenly limp, is suit holding him steady in mid air. But something seems to have been torn straight out of him and has fallen to the ground below. It looks...odd. It's not normal but you can't describe it. It defies your capacity to comprehend; almost like the odd "cloaking" that shrouded this area.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2015, 09:44:23 pm »

"WHY DOES THIS THING EXIST"
ACTIVATE PLAN: I'M NOT SUICIDAL.
RUN AWAAAAYYYYY.
Edit: Gimme some mechanical muse, too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:10:08 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2015, 11:57:15 pm »

I question the wisdom of this person. He sounds like he might be an idiot.

That was me that said that, and as with every question that asks if I'm an idiot, the answer is that sufficient idiocy can be enough to drag down smart people to a lower level and beat them with experience. I'm not an idiot myself but I'm very experienced in using it.
It's like I'm a Sith, only I use the dumbass side of the force. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33