Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Tale of the Game SG -- Humble Beginnings -- Turn 3  (Read 1959 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
The Tale of the Game SG -- Humble Beginnings -- Turn 3
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:56:43 am »

Hello, my name is SaberToothTiger and because I have too much free time and too little common sense, here is a suggestion game based on a failed forum game I tried to make but which proved too much for me. The link to the old game is right here, read it if you want to know the minimal backstory I managed to create before losing interest.

In this game, you will not play as individual members of a family (except at the beggining or if anything goes bonkers and the whole dynasty dies). No, instead you will control the entire dynasty, manage their fiefs, breed babies, fight in feuds, create colonies, conquer and claim, and lead to their eventual demise.

The dynasty founder should be of a breeding age.

Charsheet for the founder:

Name:
Appearance:
Starting fief:

Link to the starting map (I won't be able to create a new one, so we'll imagine the map in the Theatre of the Mind.
http://sabertoothtigermd.deviantart.com/art/The-Map-Mk-I-511932169?ga_submit_new=10%253A1423164760

The blue is Duchy of Caerborg, the Purple is the Barony of Mont-Sauvier and the yellow is the trade republic of Saahn. If you want a different title that is not on the map, make one up. The map is one hundred percent bad, and it won't really be of much use later on.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:30:48 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of the Game SG -- I need a hero!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:29 pm »

Name: Aram Musslan
Skills: Archery, Wrestling, Talioring, Cold-reading, Mysticism, Subterfuge
Appearance: He is a fairly short white skinned man with a muscled body. His head has very short white hair and small ears. When outside, a large brimmed hat is often atop of his head and a blue robe covers most of his body. When bright light or writings meet his eyes, his eyes narrow. His white fingers and toes are long.
Starting fief: County of Ruma
Max avatar size is 80x80

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:59:03 pm »

Name: Aram Musslan
Skills: Archery, Wrestling, Talioring, Cold-reading, Mysticism, Subterfuge
Appearance: He is a fairly short white skinned man with a muscled body. His head has very short white hair and small ears. When outside, a large brimmed hat is often atop of his head and a blue robe covers most of his body. When bright light or writings meet his eyes, his eyes narrow. His white fingers and toes are long.
Starting fief: County of Ruma
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of the Game SG -- The Humble Beginnings -- Turn 1
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 07:00:01 am »

((Alright, Aram Musslan it is.))

The Humble Beginnings

When you wake up this morning, you realize something is very different.

You can't remember who you are, where you are, or anything from your past.

You start screaming, when a man wearing servant's garbs walks in. He inform's you that you are the lord of this castle, the Count of Ruma, the liege of the mayor of Gromberg, the High Priest of the temple Rrtwfgn, and the village reeves of Boat, Cardrwgan-on-land and Grafton. While you can't remember any of your past, it seems that your skills have retained. You are a skilled fighter with a penchant for intrigue, and who doesn't mind sewing in the boring afternoons.

To the north of your territory you would soon find the lands of King Köel of Bröereg, to the west you have the Sea, to the east you have yet unclaimed and uncolonized land, and to the south you will find the rival Count Gamaer of Velites.

From now on, you are free to do whatever you wish
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 09:28:31 am »

Ask the servant to introduce himself and ask who the previous Count of Ruma was. Then have the man accompany us on a tour of the castle.
Max avatar size is 80x80

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of the Game SG -- Humble Beginni10ngs -- Turn 1
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:54:36 am »

The servant introduces himself as Lorne, he claims to be your head servant as well as your physician. He takes you an a tour of your castle. After you step out of your bedchamber, you enter a corridor leading to the throne room.

The ceiling is around 5 meters from the ground and the chamber itself is about 14 meters wide and 23 meters long. In the middle of the chamber is a U shaped Table, with the closed end of the U being for the ruler and his most trusted associates. The throne itself is placed on a noticeable stone platfrom, which gives authority to the person sitting on it as well as a very nice view of the room. It is currently housing four peasants that are probably petitioners, six guards equipped with mail shirts and halberds, prohibiting the peasants from getting any closer.

The servant directs you along the side wall, and enters another corridor, this one noticeably tighter and smaller. The rooms that you find here serve as housing fo your guard, as stockpiles of arms, armor and food, as servants quarters and the final room is actually a stairwell, with stairs that go up as well as down. Downstairs is a dungeon, currently no one "residing" there at the moment and the treasure room which is guarded at all times and behind a locked door. Your funds are displayed in the character spoiler.. The stairs up, though currently lead only to a tower, but you could expand on the floor up, if you had the money required for expansion. The rooms on opposite side of the keep serve a similar role.

Lorne says that the previous Count was Kiesser Csantos, who died in battle at young age without children. Somehow this reminds you that you are still umarried.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Demesne (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neighbours (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:56:13 am by SaberToothTiger »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of the Game SG -- Humble Beginnings -- Turn 1
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »

Ask what the names of the mayor, high priest, and reeves are and ask about what they think of us.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 04:52:31 am »

"Well, there is only one mayor, Thorpe of Gromberg. If you mean the other vassals, well, there is High Priest Myclas of  Rrtwfgn, and the reeves Wernold, Quenton and Barnaba. When it comes to their opinion, well, Thorpe is alright with you, and the reeves are fine, but the High Priest is angry for some reason. I think you should have an audience with him."

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 08:13:24 pm »

Agree with Lorne that we should have an audience with Myclas. Walk over to the throne room and see what the four people need.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »

Agree with Lorne that we should have an audience with Myclas. Walk over to the throne room and see what the four people need.
+1

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 02:31:29 am »

You follow Lorne back to the throne room, and sit down on the seat itself. You gesture for the guards to let the people approach
you, and they, a bit reluctantly, stepped closer.

"What is it that you wish?"
One of them took off his cap and knelt before you again.
"Sire we... well..."
The second one steps closer to you. He is visibly greater than them in rank
"Those dumb cunts seen a dragon"
Dragons are all legendary figures that appear only in myths, or so it would seem.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 04:36:59 pm »

Ask if they have any evidence to back up their claim.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »

Ask if they have any evidence to back up their claim.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 02:52:05 am »

Turn coming tomorrow.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 11:38:53 am »

(('Twas a long tomorrow. Sorry, my phone got broken and I didn't have access to any computers.))

"Well, sire, we... uh... we saw it, 'tis true!"
"It ate two sheep!"
"It turned me into a newt!"
"It turned ME into a mute!"
"It set my house on fire!"
"And my wife, too!"

Lorne whispers to you "Sire, how you deal with this situation may do a lot of things. These people are riled up, and if you punish them harshly, until the end of your rule you'll have to resort to tyranny to keep yourself in power. If you ignore it and similar event happen, you will be considered incapable and ignorant. Choose your next words wisely, my liege."

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:41:03 am by SaberToothTiger »
Pages: [1] 2 3