Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So what's its name then?  (Read 2243 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So what's its name then?
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

jonnym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So what's its name then?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »

i just dont know how to reply to this....

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

Dwarf who made it wanted to think of a cool name but couldn't.
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »

The fort that spawned this has some other funny engravings as well. I'll post a few tomorrow.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

No pix, Paint is whining about a missing .dll

Anyway:
The Ruined Entanglement
Engraved is a fine Aroz Ngotūnongos rendition of a masterfully designed image of a frog demon. Yes that's my civ symbol. We are called the Immorality of Afflicting.

The Musical Rat
Engraved is a superior Aroz Ngotūnongos rendition of a finely-designed image of a dwarf. My fort symbol. A dwarf. Originality died at the hands of the skelks on the surface.

The Awe Inspiring Name
Featured above.

The Fall of Hags
Engraved on the wall is a well-designed image of barrels by Aroz Ngotūnongos.
So hags fall in barrels here? Good to know.

The Virginity of Heavens
Engraved on the wall is an exeptionaly designed image of dwarves and dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves. Cool name but doesn't make any sense.

The Palace of Sharks
Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are laboring. Work or be eaten!

The Crimson Destroyer.
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are traveling. Again, kick-ass name that holds no context.

The Discovery of Guts
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are traveling. I don't want to know how they discovered that...

The Ferocious Prophet
Engraved on the wall is an exeptionaly designed image of a dwarf by Aroz Ngotūnongos. This one i need to examine in adventurer.

The Terror of Worrying
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of skull totems by Aroz Ngotūnongos. Beating goblins to being evil since march '08.

The Hideous Hammers
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are traveling. They running from said hammers or what?

The Mythical Ferocity
Engraved on the floor is a superiorly designed image of dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are laboring. I sense an impending mood.

The Ambigous Luxury
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of a dwarf and a earring by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarf is raising the earring. I didn't have any moods yet so wtf?

The Faded Legend
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. the dwarves are traveling. IMO the coolest one so far, this is what engraving should be all about.

The Venerable Test
Engraved on the floor is a superiorly designed image of a dwarf and dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves. Some form of ritual?

The Remarkable Magic
Engraved on the floor is a exeptionaly designed image of a dwarf and dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves. What magic?

The Whisper of Caskets
Engraved on the floor is an exeptionaly designed image of a cloud by Aroz Ngotūnongos. Looks like he is writing horror stories now as well.

The True Cooperation
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of a dwarf and and cats by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarf is surrounded by the cats. So what exactly are they working together about?

That's it for now. Anyone else have something funny?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 11:15:00 am »

"The Unexpected Breakfast"
An engraving of a falling goblin.   This came about when my goblin-mod architect decided to remove a bridge from the wrong side, causing him to plummet into the bottomless chasm.  I have no idea what breakfast had to do with it, though.

EDIT:  "the Musical Rat" would have to be my favorite.  Long live the random name generator!

[ March 23, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>"The Unexpected Breakfast"
An engraving of a falling goblin.   This came about when my goblin-mod architect decided to remove a bridge from the wrong side, causing him to plummet into the bottomless chasm.  I have no idea what breakfast had to do with it, though.

EDIT:  "the Musical Rat" would have to be my favorite.  Long live the random name generator!

[ March 23, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]</STRONG>

It might not be a bottomless chasm.  Maybe there's something living beneath the map's bottom layer that feasted on your goblin?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Asehujiko:
<STRONG>The Fall of Hags</STRONG>

I just can't help but mentally make the F and H switch places.

quote:
<STRONG>The Virginity of Heavens
Cool name but doesn't make any sense.</STRONG>

The Virginity of Heavens means that Heaven is completely empty of dwarves (no dwarf has penetrated into it, if you will), a criticism against dwarf-kind implying that they all suck. (or at least are bad/immoral etc.)

quote:
<STRONG>The Ambiguous Luxury
Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of a dwarf and a earring by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarf is raising the earring. I didn't have any moods yet so wtf?</STRONG>

Maybe a masterpiece? Or maybe an event from a previous fortress? Or from history? (I don't know!)
Anyway, I like the "ambiguous" part, kind of ironic considering the nature of engravings' names.

[ March 23, 2008: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »

quote:
The Virginity of Heavens
Engraved on the wall is an exeptionaly designed image of dwarves and dwarves by Aroz Ngotūnongos. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.

Dwarven D&D geeks?  ;)

I'm guessing they all play as clerics or paladins...

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »

What I want to see is:

This is a finely crafted rendition of a rendition of a rendition of a rendition of a rendition of a rendition of a...

FunnyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>
The Fall of Hags
Engraved on the wall is a well-designed image of barrels by Aroz Ngotūnongos.
So hags fall in barrels here? Good to know.
</STRONG>

No, no, hags are like witches.  You use a barrel to throw water on them, and they melt.

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>
"The Unexpected Breakfast"
An engraving of a falling goblin. This came about when my goblin-mod architect decided to remove a bridge from the wrong side, causing him to plummet into the bottomless chasm. I have no idea what breakfast had to do with it, though.
</STRONG>

Well, when he reached the bottom (however many miles deep), I imagine he broke quite fast indeed.

Beta Tester's Motto: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »

The Witty Reply

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

Engraved in this post is a superior Wolfius rendition of a finely-designed image of The Witty Reply by Javis.

:D

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 03:49:00 am »

I had an image of a lion called "The Solitary Destroyer."  I loved that one, but it was sadly lost when I found out mining behind a wall can destroy engravings.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 06:13:00 am »

Engraved in this post is a Othob Rithol rendition of a superior Wolfius rendition of a finely-designed image of The Witty Reply by Javis.

This is an image of a dwarf. The dwarf is plagiarizing.