Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Monster Breeder IC: Old Ranch, New Beginnings  (Read 5513 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Monster Breeder IC: Old Ranch, New Beginnings
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:07:46 pm »

Your moving van had been driving for hours and hours on end and you just now are getting a view of te ranch. The view from this angle is spectacular! You're driving along a mountain road on the east side of the property. Stretching out before you are rolling prairie and woods. The property is much bigger than you expected. The north and east edges are mostly woods that expand off into the distance, but the rest of it is mostly field with a few lone trees. You glimpse a stream running diagonally across the north eastern corner. It's truly a sight to see. After twenty long minutes of windy mountain road and a very long driveway, you are finally here. Your new home and new life.

Old man Moreau is standing outside the farm house to greet you. The house is old looking, a mix of run down and rustic. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a flight to catch. I'm taking Mrs. Moreau on a vacation." He winks. "Anyhow here are the keys to the house and the barn. Gotta go, bye!" The quirky old man basically throws the keys at you and jumps into his station wagon. Top hits from forty years immediately begin blaring out of the ancient speakers and he drives away. You hear him singing along as he drives into the distance. The music fades out the whole place is quiet and peaceful.

Here you are, keys in hand, ready to unlock your future. All you have todo is unpack and meet your monsters. Mr Moreau was nice enough to leave you his last few monsters as part of the deal. They should be in their stalls.

Today you will familiarize with your monsters and your new roommates. Tomorrow you will get to work.

Day One

(Will have to edit in once I'm home. They're what you listed in the OP.)
Holdings:
Monsters:
Funds: 500 coin

OOC:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151982.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:48:04 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Breeder IC: Old Ranch, New Beginnings
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:00 pm »

Callista steps out of the van, snapping her book closed. "Hm. It's nicer than I thought it'd be, for the price."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:26 pm »

"As long as its got a roof and a bed, I'm good..." Dan mumbled.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:15:26 pm »

"Ahh, fantastic, I hope my surely adorable creature isn't too much of a yellow belly to be the very best of the bunch, I can't raise bananas very well you see."

She folds her arms and laughs looking straight up.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »

The movers step out if their van. The head mover looks at you three and says, "hey where do you want this stuff?"

(Describe your room and what's in it. Just trying to get some RP going since no one went to meet their monsters.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:52:01 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:13 pm »

"Um, just move my beanbag chairs upstairs, man. Oh, and the mini-fridge. I'll put up my posters myself." Dan gives a long yawn. "Oh, and bring my futon up first. I'm gonna take a nap."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 11:51:29 pm »

((Sorry was away from my computer... now to RP))
"Take my stuff to one of the rooms on the ground floor, be careful as some of the boxes are heavy as they are carrying weights." she points at the box labeled gym equipment. "If it helps you can take them out and move the weight individually. Well I be around call me if you need any help." Jane's room will have a firm plain bed, posters on health, sports, etc and various at home gym equipment ((arm press, yoga mats, weights, and a stationary bicycle.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 12:38:46 am »

"Ahh, make like an autumn tree and leaf it wherever, I'll find a place for each little doo and dad."

After they place it in the Entrance room, She begins to find a suitable place to unpack it herself, Her outfits, Tricks and toys of the trade the first to receive her care, Hefting her trunk as best she can, she drags it over to one of the unoccupied rooms, along with what little else she brought.  Before making her way to the stables to see the crazy critters.

"Ahh such a cute thing." she comes to the Bean man

"Your name shall henceforth be known as Sprout, so you better Sprout up or ship out before I bean you over the head harder than you are, got me?"

She says, exaggerating a pointed finger, closed eye and a grin, and the little creature reacts nervously, unsure as to the intention of the words spoken by this new and flamboyant individual.

"Bah, can't take a joke, poor thing, you stress yourself out like that and you'll give yourself root rot!"

"Now, quit your wilting and give me a full set of teeth alright?"

Sprout seems confused at the funny lady's words, not understanding the euphemism.

She herself wilts for a moment realizing her faux-pa, but quickly backtracks.

"Ahh, uh, hard to give some shine without the pearly whites, Humm, ahh, raise your hand and give me five, ok?

It does so, slowly accepting the eccentric girl's mannerisms.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:43:55 am by Shadestyle »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 06:46:19 am »

"One of the first floor rooms, if you would. Careful with the books."

When the stuff was moved,  Callista's room would look like a miniature library, with the left and right sides of the room filled with bookshelves and books, and a bed in the middle with a desk beside it.

Callista then goes to see her monster.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 09:59:26 am »

You enter in the barn to find Balleloo towering over a terrified beanman. As you walk around you see five stalls and haven't metal door where a sixth stall would be. Two of the stalls are empty, but the other two unchecked stalls hold a minitaur and turtledog. Both of which size you up when you open the door.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 10:22:56 am »

"At least there's variety..." Callista does not yet approach the monsters, instead simply looking at them for the moment.
Sigtext!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 10:47:13 am »

((Which type of 'first floor' are you guys using? I'm using Ground, First, Second, and so on.))
"I would prefer a room on the second floor." says Maria, and presumably her several cases and bags are carried up to her room.
Maria's room has a bed, dresser, cupboard, mirror, all the standard stuff. A beanbag, too, as well as several extra pillows on the bed.
She has a lot of clothes, and also a great many books, as well as a portable chess set.
In short, she has a great many things, pretty much none of which are related in any way to raising monsters.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:54:14 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 10:50:08 am »

((I was using first to mean ground floor.))
Sigtext!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 10:53:31 am »

((Ah, got it. I'll make that my standard for this RP then. Editing post.))
thincake

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 11:51:31 am »

Balleloo Returns to her room, having played with her newfound friend long enough, her room is sparsely lit, dim even, and contains only her trunk of tricks and A small black futon mattress. She sits on it, cross legged, and lets the smile fall from her face. Privately, she can afford to "recharge" in a sense, without breaking the visage that she has built.

"It ain't easy; Being cheesy."

She says as she falls backward onto the bedding proper, She will probably have to interact with the others at some point, but she feels absolutely drained from just the simple ride over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6