Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: So...XCOM D20 5th edition (Sad Trombone)  (Read 9390 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

No problem, but don't expect to survive the prologue. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

No problem, but don't expect to survive the prologue. :P
If Maria doesn't survive, she's got a crap ton of siblings  :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Damn. And I'd poured so much effort into my character.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we have the stats for our characters?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we have the stats for our characters?

I was waiting for the combat to start to post them out.

The biggest I have to figure out is how to calculate HP for everyone...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hit die depends on class, maybe? d8 for assaults and infantry, d6 medics and engineers?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Muh, I dunno. Guns do so much damage-you take at least three times much damage in this system from firearms in a turn than you normally would, with the potential for alot more with volleys of auto shots. Will also have to adjust that auto-shots have less a chance of critical wounds....

I'm thinking 10 base+3xCON score, +3 per level-idea being Lv. 10 the best and max 20 in any score, and 100 HP is about as best as you go.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno about the nerfing to autoshot crit chance. If they only crit on 20s normally, would they just be unable to crit at all?

A higher HP does seem necessary, though, yeah.

Does distance play any part in accuracy, actually? If you're standing next to someone and you fire a burst, it'd be odd if you were no more likely to hit them when you're 40ft away. Then again, that would be very xcom.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not OldCom style though that's more newCom not being able to hit a dude next to you.
Nom nom nom

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, standing right next to an enemy in Enemy Within seems to be a guaranteed miss unless you're using a shotgun.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, rolled your stats, and they are at the bottom of the OP in the game thread.

I dunno about the nerfing to autoshot crit chance. If they only crit on 20s normally, would they just be unable to crit at all?

A higher HP does seem necessary, though, yeah.

Does distance play any part in accuracy, actually? If you're standing next to someone and you fire a burst, it'd be odd if you were no more likely to hit them when you're 40ft away. Then again, that would be very xcom.

Humm, I'll leave the autoshots as is, and see if it's not too bad. True, rolling double 20's should mean throwing hundreds of bullets at something would not mean multiple wounds a round...

Also-nah, I didn't plan to make any distance to accuracy formula thing. Too confusing. For me. :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stats added on second post of this thread.
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3. Name: Stan Eaman

Subject Notes: Physical reactions very good. Very good aim, quick to seize upon vital situations. Mental skills average, note-untreated psychological issues due to abductee trauma. Subject should avoid high pressure situations.

Heph heph heph.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, the stat system I used was 3d6, rolling two sets for every stat.

Then I rolled a 1d5 twice and applied the lower of the two 3d6 rolls, to two stats-or just one stat, if it was the same number twice.

Your SPEC stat got +2 bonus, and the higher of both rolls.

Will make it more random in the future.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3. Name: Stan Eaman

Subject Notes: Physical reactions very good. Very good aim, quick to seize upon vital situations. Mental skills average, note-untreated psychological issues due to abductee trauma. Subject should avoid high pressure situations.

Heph heph heph.
I would critise you for that pun, but that would make me an incredible hypocrite.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7