Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Fate/millennium OOC (Recruiting, 7/12)  (Read 26832 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/millennium OOC (Recruiting.)
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 04:10:53 pm »

Okay.

Like, can they change shape if they were known for that in their legends, do they have to stay within X feet of their masters, how often do you have to feed them?

They don't eat, unless you have some weird situation like Saber. At least that was the case in the Novels.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 04:12:06 pm »

Like, can they change shape if they were known for that in their legends, do they have to stay within X feet of their masters, how often do you have to feed them?
Shapeshifting is a Skill, yes, and this can also be used as a Noble Phantasm if you so wish. They do not have to stay within X feet of their Masters, and they do not need feeding, but ideally you probably should so you don't get killed by the gluttonous ones *cough*Saber*cough*.

I had assumed that Antihero meant the standard "Morally ambiguous Hero", under those standards I will probably put him under hero for now. He is probably at least looked up to in France, right?
The Nasuverse is weird like that. And most real-world figures could fall under Hero or Anti-Hero depending on their reputation, with only serial killers like Jack the Ripper possibly falling under Monster.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 04:14:35 pm »

Cool, Now to decide which Irish spirit I should make!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 04:15:44 pm »

Also, Skills, unless otherwise stated, don't go by the same system as Spells and Noble Phantasms. They don't have + and - ranks- this was to make it easier to buy points for them and because it was a pain in the backside to balance them otherwise.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »

Can the Summon Phantasm summon more then one person? (Not that I am totally copying Alexander the Great or anything). Mostly just for ascetics, I am trying to decide if I should make it summon the Imperial Guard or just find a single person who would work for the roll.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »

The Summon Phantasm can't do it- that's meant for mounts and valued allies like Villenueve for Napoleon, but if you're trying to copy Iskander, an Army Reality Marble might work better.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 04:29:15 pm »

The Summon Phantasm can't do it, but if you're trying to copy Iskander, an Army Reality Marble might work better.

I am tooootally not planning that! The fact that I am adding an Army Reality Marble to my sheet is for.... completely different reasons.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 04:29:55 pm »

The Summon Phantasm can't do it, but if you're trying to copy Iskander, an Army Reality Marble might work better.

I am tooootally not planning that! The fact that I am adding an Army Reality Marble to my sheet is for.... completely different reasons.
I've seen Napoleon use the whole arsenal of France as his Noble Phantasm. Nothing surprises me.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2015, 04:32:06 pm »

I've seen Napoleon use the whole arsenal of France as his Noble Phantasm. Nothing surprises me.

Youuu have? I thought this was a pretty original character  :'(. "Oh, Ill pick the Conqueror! Nobody has ever done that before!"....

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 04:41:28 pm »

I am not well versed in the lore of the Fate series. What is the Magus Association?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 04:43:16 pm »

I am not well versed in the lore of the Fate series. What is the Magus Association?
Association of Magi, who practice Magecraft, which is basically using magic to do stuff you could do without magic faster. True Magic, like time travel and resurrection of the dead, doesn't exist unless in the hands of a very few Magi.

In this case, they happen to be the local Illuminati who want to make Neo Kyoto a great city so they can manipulate the world for fun and profit.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 04:44:46 pm »

Do they kidnap- or otherwise take- naturally gifted children for training? That might show up in the backstory for my character if so.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 04:46:26 pm »

Do they kidnap- or otherwise take- naturally gifted children for training? That might show up in the backstory for my character if so.
They take in children as students. My lore is a bit rusty, but I know they act like magic schools.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 04:46:55 pm »

Ah.

Also, time limit for applications?
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 04:47:39 pm »

Ah.

Also, time limit for applications?
As I may be without internet for the next week....Saturday next week. I'll top it at 12 applications.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32