Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fabletop: A ridiculously simple online tabletop game.  (Read 1948 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Fabletop: A ridiculously simple online tabletop game.
« on: July 14, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »

Hello Bay 12! I accidently found a game that caught my attention today, and I thought I should share it with you.

This is basically dungeons and dragons simplified drastically. You only have three stats to manage, and little side traits which add minor bonuses to certain rolls. The rules are here: http://fabletop.com/help/basic-rules

There really aren't that many rules, though. Combat is simple so as to move quickly, and there are a lot of pre built game boards to play around with.

You don't really have weapons or armor, but I might switch that up a little bit.*

*Yes, I did want to GM some games for us, some time! I want 4ish players, but since combat is so simple, more might be acceptable. I urge anyone who is interested to look at the rules, let me know, and begin discussion on a time to play that might work for some people! For me personally, I have very flexible times every day of the week save for saturday until summer is over. The game is simple enough for text-only playing, but I would love to do it with voice, as well. Anywho, discuss, my friends!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fabletop: A ridiculously simple online tabletop game.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:11:22 pm »

Tried it out, can confirm it's pretty fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 05:24:34 pm »

I am kind of at the opinion that if you need to make things that simple... that maybe FateRPG might work better.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:39 pm »

I am kind of at the opinion that if you need to make things that simple... that maybe FateRPG might work better.

Isn't FateRPG offline though? This one looks like an online browser based RPG?

I do like the look of it a lot, although without loot/weapons/armour it might get a bit dull!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 11:16:56 am »

I'm intrigued. I might have to check this out.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 11:47:31 pm »

ptw
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 12:49:11 am »

I'll go ahead and PTW to see what comes of this.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 08:49:03 am »

>No PC death

Yea, no. Sometimes things are hard for PC's. A few bullets in an unarmored torso should kill most PC's, or seriously incapacitate the particularly tough ones. Else it becomes unrealistic.

I'm not a killer DM, but sometimes death makes the story move forward and provides a good opportunity for roleplaying. It's just a part of the story, though.

The losing XP for defeat is nice, however.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 08:52:19 am »

Terrible choices, luck or just plain stupidity leading to PC death is largely what makes tabletop games fun for me so... yeah no...

than again I am also one of those freaks who plays expert terraria and Haven n Hearth so maybe I just like self punishment?  yeah dunno ha
Nom nom nom