Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! III  (Read 28691 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! III
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2015, 12:53:00 am »

Right, due to my lack of free time I must concede to give the matches for this tourney only to Mavell_Duceau. Who did an excellent job of narrating them last tourney. Streaming has become a large part of my life and I may have to completely hand the reigns over to someone in the future. But for now I will simply say that for the next tourney, I promise to be far more punctual.

Tomorrow after my stream I shall give all of the battle logs and battle gifs to my good replacement and things can get started. Again, please forgive my absence!
I've lost control of my life.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2015, 01:56:04 am »

Right, due to my lack of free time I must concede to give the matches for this tourney only to Mavell_Duceau. Who did an excellent job of narrating them last tourney. Streaming has become a large part of my life and I may have to completely hand the reigns over to someone in the future. But for now I will simply say that for the next tourney, I promise to be far more punctual.

Tomorrow after my stream I shall give all of the battle logs and battle gifs to my good replacement and things can get started. Again, please forgive my absence!

Ah, sorry to hear you're overloaded, but i'm glad to be back in the Arena! i'll get to writing up entries as soon as i get them tomorrow morning. I hope I can deliver to a high enough caliber that everyone can approve of.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2015, 08:30:48 pm »

Elimination I Match I
Neezentoz the Dwarf VS. Gorl, the Beheader

Spoiler: Gladiators (click to show/hide)

Welcome, welcome one and all, to the Arena!
After successfully bribing the janitor-ettin into killing three guards to gain access to the commentator's booth, I've returned once more to bring you the finest of gladiatorial bouts! Never mind the other commentator, i hear he's off on holiday. Some place called... What was it, um.. Ship-killed? Oh, never mind. Anyway, let the games begin!
 We begin this night of carnage and bloodlust with a classic match on the Water Hazard arena!

Facing off today, we have Neezentoz the Dwarf, four foot of leather-bound fury armed with a silver hammer! Standing at 60,000 Urists of bone, muscle, and alcohol, his honed dwarven musculature can crush even the sturdiest of foes, but will he triumph in this match?

And against him is Gorl, the Beheader! He may be clad in a harlequin's motley of metals, but with an iron axe too big for his opponent to even swing, this neck-thirsty human is a force to be reckoned with. Weighing in at 70,000 Urists, this gladiator makes an imposing figure. Will he add another dwarf head to his collection? Let's find out

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Ahh, first blood in the arena! Nothing like a christening with a dashing of human brain. After an initial flurry of deft parries and dodges, Neezentoz crushes his human opponent's hand with a single blow! Unable to swing his axe to defend himself, the stalwart human quickly crumbles as his skull gets reduced to a pile of bone chips by his foe's silver hammer.  A resounding victory for Neezentoz the Dwarf!!!

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2015, 09:03:42 pm »

Elimination I Match II
Emm the Swift VS. Leg'olam the Delicious

Oh, i love the smell of roasting gladiator in the morning! We're in Heat Stroke for the second round of this tournament, and the heat is cerainly getting to me. Well, no matter. It's worth the discomfort to see gladiators being turned into so much soup inside their beloved armour. Screams! Burning! Burning screams! We have it all in Heat Stroke!

Our first gladiator is a sly one. Emm the Swift, a tiny little kobold wearing naught but their own hide. Surely such a thing couldn't be threatening, you think? Then we see her pride and glory, a dagger sharper than the finest steel ever forged. How a 20,000 Urist kobold got their hands on the dwarves' Adamantine supplies is a mystery, but  knife like that will cut close to anything. Will it be the end of the kobolds elven opponent?
Speaking of whom, our second competitor is a culinary delight mighty gladiator. Leg'olam the Delicious, standing at 60,000 Urists of graceful tree-hugging hippy! They're equipped with oaken armour! Funny, you say, until you see the steel longsword slung across their back. Sheepish they might be, but this elven gladiator is not to be trifled with!

Woah, uh... I, i may have blacked out for a moment there. The heat from the magma and all, i'm used to rather chillier locales. How embarrassing. Apologies for that. But blackouts aside, this was an impressive match! In the flurry of opening blows neither gladiator missed a blow, with Leg'olam paralysing Emm's right leg with her second strike! Unfortunately for Leg'olam, that didn't stop the diminutive kobold stabbing them in the guts, followed by a stab to the foot so painful that Leg'olam passed out! And after that, all it took were two stabs from Emm's shimmering blade to end the elves gladiatorial prospects. Emm the Swift wins! The janitor eats well tonight.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:00:20 pm by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2015, 09:34:01 pm »

Elimination I Match III
Arach the Solitaire VS. Taz the Devil

Here we are, for this tournament's first round on that fine vintage of a map, Klassic!

On one side of the arena, we have a Jumping Spider Man! Wearing naught but the carapace Armok gave him, and armed with a pair of sturdy iron longswords, Arach the Solitaire enters the arena! With six arms, standing in at a mere 35,000 Urists, this talented arachnid is more than capable with his blades! Will his enormous collection of limbs triumph over his porcine opponent?

The foe in question is brawny in more ways than one, it's none other than Taz the Devil! Clad in leather and armed with a reliable copper warhammer, this imposing Wild Boar Man weighs in at an imposing 75,000 Urists. This betusked boar is an enemy not to be messed with!

Will the arachnid swordsman beat out his hammerwielding boar opponent? Or will Taz swat his foe like a fly with a rolled up newspaper? Let's find out!

A wild frenzy of blows sparks between the two gladiators! Taz gets in the first few blows, putting some nasty bruises in Arach's carapace, but Arach replies with a stab to the foot, knocking over Taz! They trade blows even as Taz lies on the ground, but Arach gets in some sly blows to the limbs of his opponent, and Taz passes out in agony! From there the fight is short-lived, with Arach stabbing Taz twice in the head, his second blow splitting the Devil's skull in two. Arach the Solitaire Wins!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:38:13 am by Mavell_Duceau »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »

Emm: I....I won my first match?! :o

Blaze:I'm.....just as surprised actually....when I relized I forgot to give you dodging skill I thought you were a goner.......... ???

........ ;D GREAT JOB EMM!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2015, 10:09:11 pm »

Elimination I Match IV
Korus the Shield-Bearer VS. Mafol Cobaltpatterned the Flickering Savage-fist of Targets

Ahh, the tranquil fields of Peaceful Meadows. The tinkling brook. The rustling leaves. The blood-stains deeply ingrained into the soil. There's just something about this place that I love.

Our two gladiators today are Korus the Shieldbearer, an enormous gladiator weighing in at 220,000 Urists. Against him stands Mafol Cobaltpatterned the Flickering Savage-fist of Targets. Other than his mouthful of a name, he weighs in at a stout 60,000 Urists.

Korus is an odd minotaur. Eschewing the huge bladed and blunt weapons of his peers, he's armed only with a shield and his own skills, fighting with his shield as a weapon. And the fact that he's strong enough to pop most people's heads like an egg.

Mafol, on the other hands, is a veteran Marksdwarf. What beasts must he have slain to get such an impressive title? One can only dream. He'll be relying on his skill with the crossbow to put down his foe before they can even touch him, or to beat them sensless with the butt of his bow if they close the distance.

It's time to find out who will win! Let the battle commence!

Spraying bolts like a one-man army, Mafol rains fire upon his foe. But Korus is no fool, and he dodges the first, and simply blocks the second with his copper shield. From there the fight goes poorly for Mafol, being soundly beaten into unconsciousness by his bullish opponent. The instant he collapses, Korus flattens Mafol's skull against the grass of the arena. Korus the Shield-bearer Wins!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:00:40 pm by Mavell_Duceau »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2015, 10:13:48 pm »

((Images got switched))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2015, 10:15:47 pm »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2015, 10:34:01 pm »

Elimination I Match V
Snuggles VS. Bronan the unbreakable

Here we are back at Heat Stroke! And this time I've taken off the third layer of warm clothing. Perhaps it's for the better.

On one side of the arena is the adorable, deadly Snuggles! Brightly coloured and parrotlike, this winged humanoid is a real threat in this arena! The power of flight means no accidental dodges into lava for this competitor. But will this 35,030 Urist Lovebird man's crossbow skill be enough to take down his beefy opponent?

Standing opposite the crossbowbird is Bronan the Unbreakable! Buck naked, incredibly sweaty, armed with his enormous horns, and fond of tearing people in half for a giggle, this 220,000 Urist Minotaur Wrestler is a sight to behold. More than his tail is swinging in the breeze today, but will he be able to catch his flighty foe?

Regardless of who loses here today, there's one thing I can guarantee. The smell will be DELICIOUS. Let's get started!

Straight out of the gate, a bolt from Snuggles takes off Bronan's left pinkie finger! Swooping above the lava, Snuggles tries frantically to reload, but a gouging blow from Bronan's huge hands numbs Snuggles' arm, leaving them with no choice but to try and club the Minotaur to death with the bow! The talented gladiators dodge each others blows for quite some time, until Bronan snags Snuggles by the arm, and immediately puts him into a shoulder lock. he wastes no time in nearly tearing Snuggles' left arm off, before going wild with a flurry of gores from his intimidating horns at Snuggles head until a final blow reduces Snuggles's head to mince. Bronan wins, short one finger.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:40:02 am by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2015, 10:56:46 pm »

Elimination I Match VI
Furry Fury VS. Doc McStabbins

Welcome back! We're here at Castletop, one of the rarer arenas. Taking place on a large pyramidal structure, the gladiators had best watch their feet!

Our first contestant is Furry Fury! Given their name by their goblin slave-masters, this ironclad Yeti it totally happy about being here. Really. over the moon. They totally wanted this. The very largest of our gladiators, at 300,000 Urists, this monolithic monster fights with only their bare hands. Seeing as their bare hands probably weigh more than their opponent, this may not prove too much of an issue.

Across from them stands Doc McStabbins! Where this theiving horror got their medical license is anybody's guess, but no-one can contest their kill count, even if most of it is from malpractice. They've got shield, spear, and a mean streak the size of their foe. This 20,000 Urist "Man of medicine" is ready to brawl!

Time to see who shall win and who shall fall! Enter the Gladiators!

Immediately, the gladiators clash furiously. The tiny kobold blocks blow after blow from the enormous yeti. Suddenly, Furry Fury charges, bowling over Doc! He quickly recovers,  but two blows in succession shred Doc McStabbins' eyelid, and let Furry Fury grip the Doc's leg. From there the Yeti's wrestling skills come into their own, hefting up the Kobold and charging away with him in tow, before tossing him away. Then he grabs the poor kobold by the nose, punches him in the guts, and hurls him across the arena by his nose. In a horrible display of friction, gravity, and the strength of a Yeti, Doc McStabbins is pulverised across the ramps of the arena, with his chest burst into a mess of pulped flesh. Furry Fury Wins, but probably isn't happy about it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:01:15 pm by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2015, 11:24:52 pm »

Elimination I Match VII
Mogwai the Devious VS. Rama the Under-Bane

We're back on Klassic for this match, and boy is it a doozy! A new face in the arena; Rama, the lone survivor of a dwarven incursion into an amphibian-man tribe, is facing off against the famous Mogwai the Devious, the second placed gladiator from the very first tournament!

Rama the Under-Bane is here to fight for justice, unity, and more dead dwarves. With the warhammer she found discarded from the ruins of her tribe, she's determined to win. Weighing in at a slim 20,000 Urists, and clad in oaken plate, there's more to this diminutive amphibian than meets the eye.

and Mogwai, sweet Mogwai. A vicious, nasty piece of work, weighing in at an even smaller 10,000 Urists and armed with bronze daggers, this gnashing little Gremlin is here to go all the way this time. Being beaten by a Kobold just gave him more reason to be angry, and he'll be channeling that devious, devious rage into stabbing tonight!

Gladiators, FIGHT!

Rama opens the fight with a vicious charge, knocking over Mogwai. He hops straight back up however, and the two tiny gladiators exchange a flurry of blows, dodging flawlessly until Rama gets in a lucky strike and pulverises Mogwai's neck! Mogwai tries to go on, but drops a dagger, and collapses. Try as he might, Mogwai can't land a blow as Rama pulverises his feet, his arm, and his lung, before finishing him off with two mighty blows to the skull. Mogwais hopes of glory are crushed, and Rama wins the match!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:42:17 am by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2015, 11:50:56 pm »

Elimination I Match VIII
Askak the bark Scorpion Man VS. Ozok Knifetroll

We're in the lofty heights of Vertigo, for a match that looks to be interesting, with unorthodox tactics on both sides

On one side, we have what clearly looks to be a troll, but is completely convinced that it's a gremlin. It's Ozok Knifetroll! His knife might be smaller than his fingers, but that's not going to stop him going on a stabfest with his foster races traditional weapon.

And against him stands a Bark Scorpion Man by the name of Askak. In what some say is a cunning strategy, and others say is literally suicide, Askak's manager has given his gladiator literally no training or equipment! Will this bold strategy pay out?

Let the fight begin!

Askak opens with a snatching grip on Ozok's arm! Unfortunately he then immediately has his first right upper arm completely removed, and loses his grip. Ozok then methodically gores and slashes his way through nearly the entirety of Askak's grasping parts, until Askak grips his neck in his last pincer, a move which is replied to with a swift decapitation. Askak's bet didn't pay off, and Ozok wins the round!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:01:27 am by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2015, 12:09:37 am »

Elimination I Match IX
Koztan the Wanderer VS. Urist McAntman

We're back in Water Hazard, and facing off across the arena is a pair of seasoned fighters. Between them there's three arms apiece, let's see some more details.

Koztan the Wanderer is the son of a guard, and the sole survivor of a great siege. Armed with an iron spear, and clad in stout leather, this PTSD-ridden human weighs in at 70,000 Urists, plus an additional 40,000 urists of emotional baggage.

Facing off from the other side of the arena, and making some unsettling chitinous clicking noises is Urist McAntman. Armed with three tiny oaken guards and an iron sword that they definitely didn't steal from a goblin corpse. I'm still not quite sure how they got here, but here they are!

Human versus humanoid, freakish, bemandibled ant-man, let's see who comes out on top!

Swift dodges mark the opening of this bout, until Urist catches Koztan in the chest and foot! Then Koztan's replying blows are swiftly blocked, and Urist wastes no time in delivering a mighty blow to Koztan's side, before finishing him off with a graceful decapitating blow. Urist McAntman wins the round! And then cries about it a bit, the big ant baby.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:37:03 am by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2015, 12:31:30 am »

Elimination I Match X
Fath Akrulular, the Depressed Official VS. Parker Pete

Again we've returned to Klassic, for a faceoff between Fath, the Dwarf and Parker Pete, the Brown Recluse Spider Man.

Fath Arkulular, Depressed officiaL, is exactly what she seems. A former expedition leader, when a fledgling newcomer was chosen over them for elevation to nobility, something snapped inside her. She killed, stole, destroyed, and finally fled from her former home, arming herself with equipment from the last elven invasion. She's come here to gain the fame and adoration she feels she deserves, with all 60,000 Urists of weight she can muster.

Across from her is Parker Pete, weighing in at 35,000 Urists. Once a simple giant brown recluse spider, a terrible incident involving a human who'd been drinking from one too many Pitchblende mugs resulted in their transformation into the man-spider you see before you. After some ill-received vigilante work, they've been sent off here, to fight and perhaps to die. How will this arachnid fare in the Arena? We shall see.

Let the fight commence!

Fath wastes no time getting to work with her curious wooden scourges. The two gladiators trade blows and wounds for a good while, until Parker Pete gets struck with a case of tunnel vision and begins single-mindedly stabbing Fath over and over in the head! Four stabs into his crazed frenzy, Fath's head splits like a rotten melon. Euuuugh. Parker Pete wins!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:44:04 am by Mavell_Duceau »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14