Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! III  (Read 29336 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! III
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2015, 06:12:56 pm »

Blackops,

Do you have any good tutorials on it... For as many hours I've put into the game I've yet to even open arena mode, but this is getting me really excited at the possibilities.

You do not need a tutorial for it, arena mode is definitely the most simple and straightforward mode there is.

K to look around and place creatures, all you really have to do is pay attention to the keys on the interface.
I've lost control of my life.

Zach538

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2015, 07:57:15 pm »

I decided to make some changes to make more of a unorthodox gladiator that i think might be pretty effective. heres the new build!

Lucette Stone, Daughter of Lucan.
Human-210
2x Iron buckler-120
Leather Helm, breastplate, greaves-25

Adequate fighter-9
Proficient shield-40
Adequate Dodger-15
Points left-11

Torn between devastation at her Fathers death and shame for his failure Lucette Stone has come to the arena in an attempt to thrive where her father failed.

As you can probably tell this is mostly just hoping i can block regularly enough to outlast my opponents! I dont really expect it to go that well but heres hoping!

Blackops35

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY_SIZE:18:0:50000]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2015, 08:01:19 pm »

Blackops,

Do you have any good tutorials on it... For as many hours I've put into the game I've yet to even open arena mode, but this is getting me really excited at the possibilities.

You do not need a tutorial for it, arena mode is definitely the most simple and straightforward mode there is.

K to look around and place creatures, all you really have to do is pay attention to the keys on the interface.

This is all very true. Although, if you want to know what my main test opponent was:

-Human
-Steel 2H Sword
-Proficient Dodger
-Proficient Swordsman
-Copper Mail Shirt

I'm just recounting this off of memory, so don't quote me on it. I've got it written down somewhere, just can't find where.
It's good to have many varied test opponents, so you can find the best or most versatile set-up for your character.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

I didn't think I'd have time to put in a gladiator this month, but apparently it took more time than last time to get a full group.

Here goes my next little monster, a goblin this time, coming all the way from The Destined Plane where he used to wreak havoc. He chooses the knife as his favored weapon this tourney.

Kutsmob Dangodna of the Infamous Malice
Race: Goblin
220 points
Bronze large dagger: 32 points
Expert knife user: 180 points
Total: 212 points, 8 left over

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »

Sad to be having to sit out on this (not on nearly as much as I'd like) but good luck everyone!
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

xxsputzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2015, 02:23:20 am »

Dope.... we got a full stable... let the battles commence!!!!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2015, 03:10:43 pm »

Please forgive me everyone. lately my streaming has become a bigger part of my life, (500 followers yay!) And has left me physically and emotionally drained afterwards to the point of just wanting to sleep.

Perhaps someone could actually take over this tourney for the time being? I shall still be here to over view it and edit the main post as necessary. If not updates may simply come at a somewhat sluggish pace.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:32 pm »

Sluggish pace is fine - just give us first blood and we'll crave for more eternally
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »

I don't mind a slow pace either, but don't feel pressured to continue if it takes too much on you. It's just that your commenting of the fights is of high quality and I doubt we'll be able to top it.

By the way, I don't understand why gaming streams exist, but I have checked yours out of curiosity. I did not expect to hear such a nice voice.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »

Alrighty! Brackets, again I do not know when I shall begin, this sort of thing takes time and time I do not have much of.

Spoiler: Brackets (click to show/hide)

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2015, 07:46:13 pm »

IT BEGINS (sometime in the future)
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Nosam T

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 01:01:38 am »

Well, it would seem that Gereth's conquest of dwarfkind shall start in this round.

May our battles be well fought and do our warriors proud.

Zach538

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2015, 10:56:09 pm »

not sure what it is about the font you used for lucette but it just seems to fit really well. nice and solid, unlike the stones thus far.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2015, 08:22:43 am »

Quote from: Kutsmob
Got a real pretty font, aint she. You're gonna do some prayin' for me, girl. And you better pray good.

What Kutsmob mean to say is... such a nice font you got there. Shame if anything would happen to it.

That is to say... If you want to proceed in this tournament, you need to go through me first! Well, over his dead body!

Let's just say... her family's shame will be shortlived.

Oh oh, how about good old nostalgia? You have no chance to survive make your time.

In conclusion, prepare to die!

Dancing Anatolia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2015, 05:39:07 pm »

I'm probably gonna get Trolled. By the Troll.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14