Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Los Diablos, City of Scum [RPG] 5/6 {IC}  (Read 35009 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Los Diablos, City of Scum [RPG] 6/6 {IC}
« Reply #465 on: September 27, 2015, 04:18:10 pm »

Algaria sat against the wall and waited, wiping off the sludge with a strip ripped from her t-shirt.

Wait and watch unless called to help.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2015, 04:29:49 pm »

Lower Sewers
Algaria sat against the wall and waited, wiping off the sludge with a strip ripped from her t-shirt.

Wait and watch unless called to help.
Algaria removes the slime from her clothes and body.
"I don't like the idea of climbing up that long ladder again just to see the worm waiting for us...let's look for another way out.

This thing ahead might lead to something..."

Action: Investigate the metal bar door!
Saki and John check the metal bar door..
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
It is locked and appears to be in good condition. Forcing the door open or bending the bars are out of the question, however Saki's attention is quickly turned to the yellow and black colored sign!
Danger
Warning!!! Radioactive waste ahead!
In addition to the danger, trespassing beyond the secured bar door carries a heavy fine of 3,000 Shares, if this cannot be paid the criminal trespasser will be sent to Los Diablos Prison for Rehabilitation.
"And just when I thought it couldn't get any worst. This is just what we need... I wouldn't be surprised if the radiation created that worm creature!" John says pessimistically.
Spoiler: Saki (click to show/hide)
Map

Aliento Del Diablo
Masky moves onto the next room, making sure to grab the knife as he goes.
Masky picks ups the knife and enters the white room. The wall close shut behind him, there is no going back from here.
Spoiler: Knife (click to show/hide)
The Prison Guard reappears beside Masky,
[Prison Guard #1] "Going down..." The White room begins to descend, the guard glances at the knife.
[Prison Guard #1] "Is the knife a trophy from your kill or did you think you needed a weapon here?" the guard asks inquisitively.
Map

Red Roach Inn
"Hum.. what's that there you have kit?"
Proceed towards the front door of the motel with kit, but await his answer before entering.
The two enter but not before noticing the sign on the door...
Red CoachRoach Inn
((appears someone has graffitied over the name))
Vacancies
5 shares per night

Upon entering the two notice a large difference from the exterior, sure it wasn't good looking from the outside but it is quite run down on the inside. The place smells of old socks, the paint is peeling off the walls, there are multiple holes in the walls and of course, is home to a few roaches. To top it off, the elderly old man is siting behind the front desk, mumbling angrily to himself...
[Elderly Man] "mmr... blasted woman, yellin in me ears again.." Looks up and eyes the two of you.
[Elderly Man] "Wat do ya want, little eavesdroppa?" The old man says rudely, shifting his glare at Kit.

Inv. Change!
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2015, 04:37:41 pm »

"We would like a room."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2015, 04:40:45 pm »

"No, nuclear radiation doesn't create...things like that. It still kills you, though..the Worm was almost certainly a Miasma mutation, I believe.

...Anyway, we're not getting through that, and it seems like a bad idea in any case. It might be a lie, to divert attention, but there's no way to know until we've got a lethal dose. Radiation is like...poison gas. It can kill you, even if you can't see it...let's take the other path, and hope there's nothing in our way."

Action: Btw, I am correct in assuming it's a miasma related mutation?

Also, let's try the left hand path. From our overhead map based POV.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 28, 2015, 04:44:15 pm »

"Certainly, radiation poisoning wouldn't help our case.

Don't see what else would cause it by Miasma. Radiation would just give you cancer, right? With the gamma waves."

Never having had a formal education, Algaria's knowledge was spotty at best, but hey. She might be right.

Follow Saki

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 28, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »

"It's a very nice knife. And to be fair, there has been precedent set for my life being threatened."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:15 pm »

"Certainly, radiation poisoning wouldn't help our case.

Don't see what else would cause it by Miasma. Radiation would just give you cancer, right? With the gamma waves."

"Yes, nuclear Radiation merely causes malignant mutation in cells.

Miasma is...different. Some have theorized it's more like a chemical weapon, than anything naturally occurring-certainly nothing natural has come from it. From what I know, Miasma literally destroys your base DNA, and then rebuilds it in...interesting forms, I suppose I could say. It's not safe in it's natural form, of course, but I have heard groups like this Mist Industries are having great success weaponizing it...purifying it, into an aerosol form that enhances the human body without the...side effects...

An irony you may one day embrace, Algaria. Instead of modifying your body for oxygen, why not alter it entirely for miasma? You may have a choice one day, to remain human, or embrace your evolution. Right now, you are at something of a miserable crossroads...many drawbacks, but few benefits...

By the way, what is that thing you are doing with your skin? I've noticed peculiar growths...bony knives...skin protrusions...and, you escaped those handcuffs without any trouble at all. At first I assumed you were a contortionist, of course."
Saki says dryly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 28, 2015, 05:34:43 pm »

"No, nuclear radiation doesn't create...things like that. It still kills you, though..the Worm was almost certainly a Miasma mutation, I believe.

...Anyway, we're not getting through that, and it seems like a bad idea in any case. It might be a lie, to divert attention, but there's no way to know until we've got a lethal dose. Radiation is like...poison gas. It can kill you, even if you can't see it...let's take the other path, and hope there's nothing in our way."

Action: Btw, I am correct in assuming it's a miasma related mutation?

Also, let's try the left hand path. From our overhead map based POV.

((Without testing or prior knowledge of the application of Miasma in biology it is only something you can speculate.))
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 28, 2015, 05:41:15 pm »

It's toughening, still. Growing thicker, stronger. Thought it might be useful.

To put it bluntly... I shapeshift. At least, a little. I can force changes from the base form. It gets harder the more complicated the change, the more there are.

I suppose it's an upside to being a mutant, huh? It's why a street rat like I could join the Knights. My ability can be useful. It might get stronger, as well. It's gotten more capable as I've aged and become more reliant on Miasma."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 28, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »

"Interesting. Can you heal injuries this way?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2015, 05:50:02 pm »

"Not really - damage seems to disrupt my control, makes it harder to shift that part of me. Shame, or I'd be damn near unkillable."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 28, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »

"You might be, if you live long enough...if you had enough control, you could probably alter yourself on a genetic level. You wouldn't even need surgery..." Saki muses. "It depends. Do you want to embrace these changes and make more of them, or do you want to be more...normal? Like me?"

"Though with the state of humanity, I'm quickly becoming the outlier, aren't I...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 28, 2015, 06:46:33 pm »

Algaria barked out a sudden laugh.
"Normal? What's that? Being like this... it's what's kept me alive. What's being human ever done for anyone? Besides, with this, especially if it increases... I'm sure I could copy someone's face now, if I focused. Eventually, a whole body, perhaps, replace someone and live a cushy life."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:04 pm »

"As long as you don't go about trying to replace me..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:03 pm »

"Heh. What, never wanted a twin sister?"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36