Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.  (Read 12325 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2015, 12:59:46 pm »

ok feed ourselves on the couple then :3

Just kidding. But it looks like we will have to eat someone sooner or later.

The thought crosses your mind of waiting, maybe until the Ives fall asleep watching TV, biting them, and drinking their blood. Oh no. It's - it's actually tempting. You shudder with revulsion, shame, and at the same time, you burn with thirst. Thinking about it makes your throat twinge, your eyes ache. You're actually pretty thirsty. But, you couldn't do that to - to them, they - they want to help you and...oh no, oh no, this isn't you, this isn't...

Clawing at your throat, you get up and go to the bathroom, sit down on the floor and hyperventilate a little. The oxygenation doesn't help but the ritual does. You think about pink elephants, and the thirst ebbs. You've got it under control. You tell yourself you're fine.

What now? >_

Nunzillor

« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2015, 02:37:58 pm »

Thirsty, eh?  Take a walk, nudge a squirrel into approaching us.  Then, grab it and drink.  Do this carefully and discreetly, of course.  Once we have seen to our needs, we can formulate a plan.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:43:13 pm by Nunzillor »

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2015, 04:43:02 pm »

>Consult Hyde/the Edge about what we need at the house we woke up at, followed by some sleep and getting to the church tomorrow. Distance needs to be put between here (last known area of the vampire Nazi cult) and the player/us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2015, 05:15:33 pm »

>Consult Hyde/the Edge about what we need at the house we woke up at, followed by some sleep and getting to the church tomorrow. Distance needs to be put between here (last known area of the vampire Nazi cult) and the player/us.
You realize that we might actually be hurt by holy things, right? I think that we should look for our parents. Once we establish what's happened to them (probably death), we'll go to the house at night. By then, there should be significantly less cops checking it out, and we'll let Hyde guide us to the location of the object.

...I think it has to do with that laughing thing we heard in the bathroom at the beginning...
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2015, 03:43:34 am »

It must be spooky.

So I was thinking, how are we going to reach other states without documents?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2015, 03:21:54 pm »

It must be spooky.

We're a freaking vampire. As soon as a problem presents itself that is baring us from continuing the story, we'll get an ability that will overcome it.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2015, 03:30:42 pm »

It must be spooky.

You realise travel between states is free, yes? Unless a fugitive is on the run. Even then, it's free once you're cleared.

Nunzillor

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2015, 03:10:56 am »

You realize that we might actually be hurt by holy things, right? I think that we should look for our parents. Once we establish what's happened to them (probably death), we'll go to the house at night. By then, there should be significantly less cops checking it out, and we'll let Hyde guide us to the location of the object.

...I think it has to do with that laughing thing we heard in the bathroom at the beginning...
I suspect that holy things are not actually a problem for us.  Unlike the thought of blood, which causes a strong, negative and positive emotional reaction, the thought of God and holy symbols seems to actually be reassuring.  Our character has even prayed without any adverse effects.

I agree we should avoid the church all the same though... "Hyde" suggested we not go there and he seems to know what's up.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:50:11 am by Nunzillor »

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2015, 09:16:58 am »

Thirsty, eh?  Take a walk, nudge a squirrel into approaching us.  Then, grab it and drink.  Do this carefully and discreetly, of course.  Once we have seen to our needs, we can formulate a plan.

You shake your head, get up and leave the bathroom. Once your dinner is packed up and hidden in the trash beneath a few sheets of paper towel, you go into the next room and talk to the Ives again.

“Uh, hi. I was thinking, uh, I'd like to take a walk, think a bit. You said you could give me a coat...?”

“Oh, yeah, sure.” Mr. Ives says, “I'll show you...”

Mr. Ives gives you a woolen greatcoat that's just a little too big, and a pair of socks and solid work boots (“Used to belong to my brother in law. He's been passed twenty years now.”) A toque completes the outfit and you head out into the snow and the dark to look for squirrels.

The snow crunches underfoot, the moon shining overhead, as you leave the Ives house and walk down the country lanes. The trees hug the road and snow covered branches block most of the moonlight, but your vision is so much sharper than it once was, and you see every detail. There's a serenity to it all, a sort of relaxing simplicity that you find reassuring; you're hunting.

Walking down the road, you don't see any obvious animals; they must have gone to ground for the night, or they're out of range of your senses. The trees on either side of the road give way suddenly to wide open fields of snow. There's a wire fence about the height of your neck on either side, but the snow is banked fairly high around it, and beyond the fence is a plain of cleared dirt and grass. Beyond that, you spot a barn.

You scrabble up the steep snowbank, get to the top of the fence, and hoist yourself over it by one of the posts. It's not particularly hard to do, and you instinctively go into a predatory half-crouch as you stalk across the yard. Cows. You can smell cows, and the thirst is clawing at your throat again. You break into a sort of half-run, and reach the barn. The front doors are closed, the windows covered with plastic sheeting, and inside, the animals are moo-ing in terror. They can sense you. You leap up to the windows, which are eight feet off the ground, and hoist yourself up and through the plastic sheeting.

The barn is full of cows running loose and stiflingly hot. The floor is dirt and straw, and the place would be lit during the day by overhead lamps, but they are off for the night. There's a neat circle of space in the barn because the cows are pressing themselves against the wall as far away from you as they can. Your jaw dislocates, distends, the muscles around it grow thick. With an odd stretching feeling, your teeth grow large and sharp, and you run at the cattle.

Leaping forward, you sink your fanged maw into an unlucky cow's hindquarters. The effect is immediate: the cow becomes docile and settles down on the floor while a steady flow of rich, thick and metallic tasting blood flows into you. The burning ebbs, and you feel like you're being filled out somehow. All your minor aches and injuries heal, your sense grow even sharper, and you feel fully sated. You detach from the cow, your jaw shrinks and reattaches itself, and you lick the remaining blood off your face. The cow looks a little peaky, makes a feeble moo of protest, rises, and backs away slowly. There's no obvious blood either on your person or on the cow, but there is a large, obviously inhuman bite mark on the cow.

Distantly, beyond the clamor the cows are making, you can hear an engine revving to life. Oh crap; that's probably the farmer. You jump and grab the window again, pull yourself up and through it, and land outside in the snow. There's someone driving up, all right, and you can hear their car door slam. A flashlight is shone at you as you run across the field. “Hey!” a man yells at you. But you quickly lose the farmer, having a major speed and stamina advantage.

Having the feeding goal accomplished for the night, you walk back to the Ives house, feeling rather pleased that you didn't have to hurt anybody to feed. Part way back, you realize you've been skipping merrily, which makes you feel a little silly. Apparently feeding produces some sort of euphoric effect. Once you return to the Ives house, you find that they've gone to bed. A few lights were left on downstairs, but the television is off. The dishwasher in the kitchen is quietly humming, but it's otherwise quiet.

You sit down at the table and have a conversation with yourself.

“Hey, uh, Hyde? Or, uh, Edge? Or whatever your name is...are you there?”

“Ayup. What's up?”

“Can you, uh, tell me what we're looking for at the house we...uh, I woke up at?”

“Nah. I already know, but you're still in denial about it.”

“What, denial?”

“Yep. Clinical diagnosis.”

“But, what is that supposed to mean...?”

“Hey, good job on the feeding, though. Animals is the way to do it. Genesis nine three, right?”

“Uhh...yeah. Thanks, I guess.”

“Oh, and the name's Thomas. I don't have a different name, I'm just part of you that you have trouble acknowledging.”

“But, aren't you, like, uh, part of this whole...vampire...thing?”

“Not reeeeallly...I was always a part of you – we never really liked each other, kinda thought the other was always wrong. But over Christmas, I found out you were right, so now, well, I'm sort of on your side, heh heh. Do you understand?”

“Not really.”

“Well, don't worry about it, I'm not the most important detail right now. You're doing well, keep it up.”

What now? >_

(You gain further vampire powers: pick one of your three powers to upgrade. Power increases are gained by moving the plot along: solve mysteries, defeat opposition, accomplish goals. Feeding will not give you more power again unless it's on something higher in the food chain.)

(Earl will arrive tomorrow afternoon, at least according to Mr. and Mrs. Ives. At which point, you'd get a lift with him into town. You can sleep, or putter around the house doing things until sunrise if you like. People seem a little divided on most things, so I'm assuming the plan tomorrow is to get the ride into Graham tomorrow. Please vote for either A: The church or B: The house you started in, or C: Finding transportation and going to the city your parents live in across the state.)

Spoiler: Your inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powers: (click to show/hide)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2015, 09:30:04 am »

C

Let's be a badass "everything-for-any-situation" guy. I vote to upgrade Hidden Knife (Which apparently hides more things than knives).
Money!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2015, 11:26:52 am »

C

Let's be a badass "everything-for-any-situation" guy. I vote to upgrade Hidden Knife (Which apparently hides more things than knives).
plusone
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2015, 05:54:50 pm »

C

plusone
The house will always be there. Parents need solace. Make that a second vote for both. Though my next upgrade would be for senses or Nudge Will/Push (please tell me someone gets that reference).

Nunzillor

« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2015, 02:26:27 am »

C

plusone
The house will always be there. Parents need solace. Make that a second vote for both. Though my next upgrade would be for senses or Nudge Will/Push (please tell me someone gets that reference).
Tentative +1

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »

Has no one seen Push? The film with Chris Evans? Christ man. This forum.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2015, 07:44:07 pm »

C
plusone
Tentative +1

Your powers grow! You've gained Unseen Presence. You can now spend 1 blood to reach into nearby minds and tell them you aren't there. Effectively, a form of invisibility. No maintenance cost.

Your powers grow! The Hidden Knife has become free.

After getting back to the Ives, you take your boots off by the door and go back into the washroom. Staring into the mirror, you think about your parents. They're probably worried absolutely sick, and need to hear from you. Vague images swim in your head – you sort of remember their faces?

Drat. That's a little unsettling, not remembering important things like that. It's like your memories have been unseated somehow, cut out...

“Yep.” Hyde says. “Someone cut bits of your memory out on purpose, I'm afraid. Snickety-snack.”

“Oh no.”

“Oh yes! Partially to keep them safe, but mostly to prevent us from finding them. Not that that's gonna stop us, right?”

“But I don't remember...Do you remember where they are, or, or who they are?”

“Not really, no. But it can't be hard – we're a missing person. All we have to do is look ourselves up in the Fawcett phone book. We know our name, we know what we're looking for...it'll work.”

“Huh. I guess you're kinda right.”

“Are you sure you want to find them?”

“Why wouldn't I?”

“Me. You. Sunlight allergy. New diet, new look, new problems. To name a few things that are all really the same thing.”

“Look.” you tell your reflection. “That doesn't really matter. My parents are probably losing their minds with worry, if they haven't already decided I'm dead. I have to tell them I'm okay.”

“Tom, you ain't okay. You're a far fucking sight from okay.”

Wincing at his bad language, you turn from the mirror and rub your forehead in consternation. “It'll be hard to explain. But I owe them peace of mind. Ephesians six two, remember? It's the right thing to do.”

Your reflection looks at you with a much more serious expression.

“You're right.”

With that conversation out of the way, you leave the washroom and go back into the living room. The TV is quiet and the house feels totally still. It's a new kind of silence – not even the sound of your heartbeat or the odd, slight ringing noise you get in your ears. It's nice.

Flicking the lamp on, you settle down in Mr. Ives armchair and grab a discarded newspaper to read. Nothing interesting really leaps out at you. There's some stuff about construction budgets as the headline, which tells you that there's no news to speak of.

So you throw the paper to the side, grab the remote and flick the TV on. There's an item about a natural gas explosion in another town in the state – doesn't seem relevant. It looks like the police officer that was killed back at the hospital isn't in the local news. Oh well.

You yawn. It's getting late. Or early. Yeah. It's almost sunrise, now that you think about it. Your time sense has gotten a lot sharper. That's strange – maybe it's some sort of built in vampire survival mechanism. But you're also getting really sleepy. Very quickly, too.

Climbing back up the stairs with your head drooping back to the room you were sleeping in, you see that the curtains are thick in here: it looks like they're double-layered in dust sheeting – which is lucky, since it's the only thing preventing you from presumably burning up in the sunlight. Then it occurs to you that the last thing you need would be Mrs. Ives bustling in in the morning with a breakfast tray and thrusting aside the curtains.

Yawning heavily, you grab the pillow and carry it under your arm while you look for somewhere better to sleep. After a brief look around, a spare room on the ground floor presents itself as a viable choice, having no windows or obvious sunlight access. It looks like they keep cardboard boxes full of old books here. Throwing down the pillow, you settle into a corner behind a few boxes and rapidly fall asleep in a ball.

- - -

Sleep is deep and troubled. You dream you're lying on a couch staring at the ceiling; the ceiling is superimposed with a kaleidoscope of broken glass and pink ribbons. Sitting up, a woman reaches out her forearm to you: it's an unhealthy pale, ever so slightly blue. You try and bite into it, but instead of blood, thousands of black moths swarm out, flying in circles around the room. The woman disappears behind a curtain of moths and flying glass fragments, ribbons streaming past and piling onto the floor.

There's a thunderclap. The moths part to reveal a tall stone door along one wall of the therapist's office. It grinds slowly open, and a preacher stands, watching you and holding a bible. He condemns you, but he doesn't understand what you are. And how can he condemn what he doesn't understand?

You get off the couch and push him aside. Beyond the now powerless man is an art gallery. Black and white tiles stretch from the floor, across the walls, even on the ceiling. The lights are harsh; it creates a chiaroscuro effect. The art, if you want to call it that, is sadomasochistic pornography on pedestals. Men wrapped in barbed wire. Too many limbs. Too many eyes. The gallery is poison, and venom flows from the pictures and pedestals and would drown anyone, even you. Maybe you should have left this door closed. The moths flock into the gallery, the fluttering hum of thousands of insect wings fills the room and covers it. It's hard to see. The preacher is stripped to the bone by the moths and his bones clatter to the floor – something you hear, but not something you can see.

- - -

You wake up to hear something thumping inside the wall. You're right where you fell asleep, only the sun has just gone down. It's the night of the 12th, and it's Monday. Someone is rattling something inside the adjacent wall.

After stretching, you realize you're ever so slightly down on blood. Apparently day to day living takes a little maintenance. Still nothing to worry about at the moment, though. Pillow under one arm, you get out of the spare room. The Ives are having dinner, and a man comes out of the bathroom where you heard the clunking in the wall.

The man must be this Earl guy the Ives mentioned, and he stares at you with a freaked out expression. He sports a thin goatee, an unkempt haircut, and what looks like a sports jacket over a threadbare T-shirt. He has a sort of thin, wiry look to him, and his voice is very rural.

“Whu- uh, who're you?” he asks, clearly startled.

“Oh, this is Tom.” Mr. Ives explains. “He's staying with us.”

“Oh. You didn't...ugh, okay, whatever.” he shrugs. “You their grandson or whatever?”

“Uh. No, just, uh, passing through.” you explain, sort of weakly.

He gives you a suspicious look and sits down to dinner with the Ives, who don't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary.

Mrs. Ives introduces him. “This is Earl. He helps out around the place sometimes.”

“Yeah,” Mr. Ives says “We were hoping you could give Tom here a lift into town, if that wouldn't be inconvenient.”

“Sure.” Earl says, still giving you a suspicious look. “I guess I could do that, no problem.”

“Would you like some dinner?” Mrs. Ives asks you.

“Uh. No thanks. I'm fine.” you tell her.

“Are you sure?” she asks, while Earl continues to eye you suspiciously. “You can't go without food, you know.”

“Heh. I'm sure.”

Something about Earl really rubs you the wrong way. You know what it is, actually. He's evil. A sort of low grade evil, but definitely evil, no doubt about it. Taking a seat at the table across from him, you flash him a polite little smile.

“So, uh, how long you know Mr. and Mrs. Ives for?” you ask with a conversational tone.

“Oh. Couple years.” he answers. His expression changes. Now he knows something is up.

“Oh yeah? How'd you meet them?”

“I, uh, I have folks nearby, just came by the one time, thought I'd be neighborly and all.” he says “How'd you meet them?”

His tone is triumphant as he turns the tables on you.

“Oh, well.” you glance at the Ives. “I got lost, uh, camping. Yeah.”

They give you a sort of slightly curious look, but don't contradict you.

“Camping.” he says, flatly disbelieving you. Mrs. Ives starts taking plates away.

“Yeah.” you nod. “Camping. In tents. You know.”

“Well, that was great, dear.” Mr. Ives says. “Earl, Tom, you're going in to town, is that right?”

You ask Earl “If you don't mind giving me a lift...?”

“Yeah, sure, I don't mind.” Earl says, staring at you. “No problem at all. We'll leave in an hour or so, sound good?”

Everyone starts packing up from dinner, and Earl gets up and sits on the couch to watch TV. How do you want to handle Earl when it's just the two of you? And what else would you like to do before you are theoretically supposed to get going? >_
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12