Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.  (Read 12312 times)

Nunzillor

Re: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:32 pm »

"some guys tried to kidnap me. I got away"
+1 While we don't want to give them heart attacks and have AARP stocks increase, we should be honest with these folks within reason. Now, they needn't know the vampire business, but the kidnapping part is both true, and enough for them to grasp. I approve.
Let's use Nudge Will to make them less freak-out-y if it feels like they rise to something higher than just mild concern.
+1

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2015, 10:24:12 am »

"some guys tried to kidnap me. I got away"
+1 While we don't want to give them heart attacks and have AARP stocks increase, we should be honest with these folks within reason. Now, they needn't know the vampire business, but the kidnapping part is both true, and enough for them to grasp. I approve.
Let's use Nudge Will to make them less freak-out-y if it feels like they rise to something higher than just mild concern.
+1

You introduce yourself, and the elderly couple introduce themselves as Mr. and Mrs. Ives. Afterwards you take a seat and explain what happened, though this requires omitting almost all of the details. They seem interested but not hugely upset with your explanation, bare bones as it was. You were abducted from the hospital, you don't know why, by three men who intended to do something bad to you, and you escaped, crawled into their garage, and fell asleep.

Mrs. Ives explains that they carried you upstairs to one of the spare bedrooms. They tell you that they can give you some spare clothing, feed you, and you can use the bath, phone, and even stay here for a while if you need to. They have a land line telephone, but no internet, and the telephone itself is a rotary dialer, so futzing around with that will be fun.

Afterward, Mr. Ives tells you “If you're mixed up in something bad, maybe in trouble with the law or criminals or what have you, maybe you should lie low here a little while. Up to you. You can stick around until Earl comes by, he could give you a drive in to town. Or you could walk out to the bus stop tomorrow - give you an old coat and some boots...”

Then, after a pause, “You want me to reheat supper? I wrapped some leftovers in foil, put em' in the fridge in case you were hungry.”

What now? >_

Spoiler: Your inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powers: (click to show/hide)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2015, 12:38:24 pm »

"Huh... Can you tell me the date? Just becaise I am a bit confused after what happened..."

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2015, 01:19:03 pm »

"Huh... Can you tell me the date? Just becaise I am a bit confused after what happened..."

It is currently the night of January the 11th, at 6:30 PM. The sun has been down for about two hours. It is Sunday.

Nunzillor

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »

I think "laying low" is a good idea, but not here.  That organization is going to be looking for us, so we should try to get as far away from where we were abducted as possible.  Another country, if we can.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2015, 07:02:48 pm »

I think "laying low" is a good idea, but not here.  That organization is going to be looking for us, so we should try to get as far away from where we were abducted as possible.  Another country, if we can.
Could we kill the tow old people to see if it gives us flying powers?  ;D
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2015, 08:14:51 pm »

Here are some notes I took just now on things we should have on our minds.

1) Find a way to INTELLIGENTLY get back to our family. They deserve to know our status, even if we have to leave the vampire bit out. They need to know we're okay. Not knowing is not good. Trust me. The human mind goes places it shouldn't. Intelligently, by the means, without killing, maiming, or otherwise attracting undue attention "4 teh lulz".

2) Possibly send some kind of search team to the house we woke up in. It appears the whole event began with that house and the party had at it. Have the state police tear that house up for clues.

I'm more for 1 than 2, mainly because, well, they're parents. Maybe we can converse with them and think of what to do. Obviously we can't stay with our parents because they'd be in danger. Hell -- they're in danger just for being related to us, when you think about it. I say we get there ASAP and once that's handled figure out how to tackle this thing.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2015, 10:28:32 pm »

Here are some notes I took just now on things we should have on our minds.

1) Find a way to INTELLIGENTLY get back to our family. They deserve to know our status, even if we have to leave the vampire bit out. They need to know we're okay. Not knowing is not good. Trust me. The human mind goes places it shouldn't. Intelligently, by the means, without killing, maiming, or otherwise attracting undue attention "4 teh lulz".

2) Possibly send some kind of search team to the house we woke up in. It appears the whole event began with that house and the party had at it. Have the state police tear that house up for clues.

I'm more for 1 than 2, mainly because, well, they're parents. Maybe we can converse with them and think of what to do. Obviously we can't stay with our parents because they'd be in danger. Hell -- they're in danger just for being related to us, when you think about it. I say we get there ASAP and once that's handled figure out how to tackle this thing.
The only logic we use in SG's is trying to find a way to break the game.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2015, 04:30:15 pm »

snip
The only logic we use in SG's is trying to find a way to break the game.

I could launch into a long winded and fussy rant about social contracts, how this is a mystery game with a fairly large web of plot and how cooperating with the railroad will allow you to enjoy the scenic train trip, but instead I'll just launch a suggestion game where the protagonist will go along with everything you suggest, and hopefully you'll have fun in that thread. Look for it shortly!

In the meantime, Lermfish is right: your parents are likely quite worried about you. Finding them and talking to them is a good long term goal: what would you like to do in the short term?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2015, 11:17:23 pm »

In the meantime, Lermfish is right: your parents are likely quite worried about you. Finding them and talking to them is a good long term goal: what would you like to do in the short term?

Reheat supper.
Money!

Nunzillor

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2015, 11:54:31 pm »

I'm worried that trying to get back to our family will put them in danger.

In the short term, I'm not sure that we... eat, so perhaps we should make an excuse and avoid that.  Why not thank them for their hospitality, then take a ride into town with this Earl person.  Ask them the name of the town, and make some small talk until then.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:56:33 pm by Nunzillor »

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2015, 10:59:58 am »

Reheat supper.

Tomasque I'm not like upset at you I just don't want to keep telling you no, right? Trying to entertain you with a story that's actually been somewhat webbed out, and the protagonist can actually die so doing violent things is a bad idea.

"All right, uh, yeah, I could use something to eat, I guess." you tell them. Mrs. Ives takes supper out of the fridge - brown rice and chicken wrapped in foil - and puts it in the oven to reheat while you discuss things with them.

I'm worried that trying to get back to our family will put them in danger.

In the short term, I'm not sure that we... eat, so perhaps we should make an excuse and avoid that.  Why not thank them for their hospitality, then take a ride into town with this Earl person.  Ask them the name of the town, and make some small talk until then.

You reiterate that you're grateful they've taken you in for the time being. "So this Earl guy, can he give me a ride into town?"

"Oh yes, Earl could do that." Mrs. Ives agrees. "He usually comes by Monday afternoon, does some odd jobs around the place, plows our driveway, that sort of thing. Nice man."

"So," you ask "Um, I was in the trunk of a car a while, I told you that, right? Uhh, I don't know where we are. Where is this? What's the nearby town called?"

"Oh," Mr. Ives replies. "That'd be Graham. We're just a few hours drive out from there, really, it isn't that far."

"Er, I live in Fawcett..." you tell them.

Mr. Ives is a little stumped in that one. "Well, how did you get all the way across the state?"

You shrug. Why lie? "I, uh, I don't remember."

"Strange." he says. "All right, well, you want to call your folks, you could do that. Or, if you don't have anyone to call, Earl could drop you off in town, we could give you the address of a church my grandkids go to. Good folks. They could help you out, I'm sure."

The two of them sort of gaze into the middle distance somewhat vaguely. "It's strange, life, how a nice boy like you can get mixed up in confusion like this. Oh well. Your supper's hot." Mrs Ives goes over to the stove, pulls the foil wrapped dinner out and sets it on a place for you with cutlery, places it on the table.

"I, uh, you mind if I eat that upstairs? Think I need a little time alone to think."

Oh great. Mr. Hyde still isn't gone.

"Sure, no problem." Mrs. Ives says. "If you need anything else, we'll be down here watching TV."

The old folks shuffle out to the living room, leaving you with dinner and a vaguely apprehensive feeling. Distantly, you hear what sounds like thunder rolling way out. "So we're leaving this place tomorrow." Hyde comments. "Are we going home, finding our parents, or are we going to go looking for our friends? I guess either's a good idea. Our parents will be worried, sure, but those bad dudes, the Bishop, they mentioned having our friends captive or something."

"I dunno." you say. "Lemme think about that. We had the party over in Fawcett two weeks ago. The, uh, bad guys got us all somehow. Then we wake up...I mean, I woke up, uh, over at that house back in Graham."

"Yeah." Hyde says. "There were fresh tracks. You'd just been dropped off by the clown patrol."

"But the police know that I was there. And that officer got killed at the hospital, so they're probably searching the house now."

"Uh-huh. Bit of a problem, that, since there's something at the house we need."

"There is?"

"Yup! Right under your nose! Would have saved you a lot of confusion, but hey, that's life! Heeheeheehee! Anyways, I'm gonna take a nap now that we're not in as much danger. See you on the other side...Oh, and I think the church isn't a great idea - they'd probably recognize us from the news."

"Wait, what am I gonna...hey?...aw, phooey."

What now?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2015, 12:28:10 pm »

((I think what our green friend means is that we should suck out the blood from the nice old couple.))

Scold Hyde for being a piece of shit for suggesting that, then eat the dinner.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:00 pm »

((I think what our green friend means is that we should suck out the blood from the nice old couple.))

Scold Hyde for being a piece of shit for suggesting that, then eat the dinner.

"We aren't going to hurt them." you tell Hyde. He doesn't respond.

Then you grab your dinner, and stare at it. You aren't really hungry, but you haven't eaten in a while, maybe even days, so you really should...You take a forkful of chicken and rice, and put it in your mouth. When the food goes into your mouth, it changes in texture. A dry, grainy powder. You scrape it out, trying not to sputter or choke on it, and see that the fork is now covered in ashes. Well. Crap.

Now what? >_

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2015, 12:50:07 pm »

ok feed ourselves on the couple then :3

Just kidding. But it looks like we will have to eat someone sooner or later.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12