Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.  (Read 12372 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2015, 02:52:21 pm »

Take the extra edge, but don't give up control.  When the time comes, execute the plan.  Take this moment for a quick prayer.

I, uh, I could use the edge. But I'll handle it myself.

All right, if you say so.

That's not going to work. Texas guy won't care about his goons.

Ask our reflection if we happen to have any hidden vampire powers

This edge, it's vampire powers, right? I mean, that's what I am now, right?

YES! EXACTLY!” your other half roars triumphantly. It feels a little like your head splits open, there's a blinding flash of light and you know you are capable of things you previously weren't. Of course, it does make a great deal of sense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From the front of the car, you hear Marv say “What the hell is he yelling about?”

Sunglasses: "I don't know. Sophie's kind are all crazy. Just ignore him."

The car turns several times, and shudders a little, like it's going down a dirt road. The background noise of the city is gone now. You take a moment to say a quick prayer that is less "Though I walk through the valley" and more "Oh please don't let me get killed", feel a little calmer, and prepare to make your escape. Any last minute adjustments to the plan?
>_

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2015, 02:58:07 pm »

PUT SOME SHARP THING IN OUR HIDDEN PERSON OR SOMETHING

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2015, 03:29:42 pm »

While putting the sharp things on our person. Sing "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor" over and over at the top of our lungs. People seen as cray are unnerving to normies.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2015, 05:23:47 am »

Hide the car in our pocket. Run away with the car.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

PUT SOME SHARP THING IN OUR HIDDEN PERSON OR SOMETHING

Welp. I think you might be a mite bit confused on that point. The power might be called “the hidden knife” but it doesn't mean you can conjure knives, it means you can hide them on your person if they already exist. And there aren't any loose knives in the trunk.

While putting the sharp things on our person. Sing "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor" over and over at the top of our lungs. People seen as cray are unnerving to normies.
Hide the car in our pocket. Run away with the car.

You don't really feel like singing, and, uh, a car is way too big to hide on your person. So mayb-

The car pulls to a halt and you hear Sunglasses and his goons kill the engine and pile out of the car. Since the engine and background noises have died away, you can hear Marv and Eddie waiting by the trunk while Sunglasses walks away.

An unknown voice speaks, male, ragged, like an old man. “Jack. You collected Sophie's child without trouble?”

Jack (Sunglasses): “Uh, pretty much. There were a couple cops with him.”

Old man: “What did you do?”

Jack: “One of em' broke my majesty, so I had to break his skull open.”

Old man: “That'll create complications.”

Jack: “Bishop, relax, DuSang will have it covered up. It'll be-”

Bishop (Old man): “DuSang is dead.”

Jack: “What? Really? Shit.”

Bishop: “Gerard and Phillip are trying to salvage his network of contacts, but it's a mess. And now the local law will be in a frenzy trying to find you.”

Jack: “Damn it. So now what?”

Bishop: “They'll try and clean up your mess, I expect. But you and I have different work to do. Get in the car. I'll explain on the way.”

Jack: “All right. One second.” Then, louder, as he shouts to Marvin and Eddie. “All right, you know what to do, right? Don't screw up.”

Bishop: “Your men know what they're doing?”

Jack: “They're a bunch of idiots, but, yeah. He's not one of the awake kinda types anyways, so it won't be a problem. One of those broken types, I reckon.”

It sounds like they get into another car. You hear an engine turning over, and another car driving off. Then Marvin speaks.

Marvin: “You ready to do this?”

Eddie: “Yeah, guess so.”

A key gets inserted in the trunk lock, turns. The trunk pops open, and you leap out clutching the jumper cables. Marvin and Eddie try and grab hold of you, but you manage to connect the clips on the end of the cable to Eddie.

“Ow! Fuck!” he yells. He drops the shovel into the snow and retaliates by indignantly punching you in the face. Then Marvin tries to hold you down while Eddie grabs the duct tape out of the trunk, but you struggle out of Marvin's grip. There's a moment of awkward fumbling where you try and inexpertly garrotte Marvin with a bungee cord but that works about as well as you'd expect it to. The two of you collapse into the snow and roll around.

“Shit, Marv, hold him still!” Eddie yells, grabbing the shovel. He swings it down and hits Marvin by accident, which lets you loose. You leap to your feet and run as hard as you can right through the snowy field, with the two stooges right behind you. The snow is about a foot and a half deep and hard going for everyone, but you have the advantage of not needing to breathe and gain distance on them pretty rapidly. A minute later, you hit the treeline and disappear into the darkness and the snow.

- - -

Moonlight is good enough to get by on, but the cold drains your energy. You don't really feel the cold so much as your energy slowly draining away. All the same, your survival instincts keep you stumbling through the woods for another three hours looking for some sort of shelter.

Until, eventually, you find an old and slightly run down farmhouse with a large oddly shaped garage adjoining it. There's just a hint of daylight on the horizon, and you can barely stay awake. The garage is a converted coach house from the looks of things, and is unlocked. It looks sun-proof. There's an elderly tractor growing rust, workbenches with unused tools, a gasoline lantern sitting on the bench. Fatigue and overwhelming sleepiness overcome you, and you curl up into a ball on the floor and fall asleep.

- - -

You wake up in a bed, under a comforter. It's much warmer. You're in someone's bedroom, long unused. There's dust sheeting on most of the furniture. A mantlepiece with a couple of antique toy cars, a dresser, and a few other solid wooden articles of furniture. The window is covered with a thick curtain. You can hear people talking downstairs.

What now? >_

Spoiler: Your inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powers: (click to show/hide)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2015, 03:53:43 pm »

search for weapon

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:24 pm »

Get up very, very silently and try to identify my location by looking out a window. Did someone leave their cellphone here by chance (or something like that?). If so, look at the time & date. Don't get ourselves locked out.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nunzillor

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

Listen to their conversation.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2015, 10:41:54 am »

Get up very, very silently and try to identify my location by looking out a window. Did someone leave their cellphone here by chance (or something like that?). If so, look at the time & date. Don't get ourselves locked out.

You slide out of bed very, very silently. The window is covered over by a thick curtain, and beyond it is a very old fashioned window. It's been repaired with caulk. Through the window, you can see the dark countryside. There's a few lights out through the woods that indicate other homes, and a light on the front of this house as well. You can see the roof of the garage you fell asleep in from here; someone must have carried you in.

You feel well rested. Did you sleep the day away?

search for weapon

If so, Sunglasses and his thugs might be looking for you. Better prepare yourself. Propped up against the wall under the mantlepiece there is a fire poker, part of a very long unused fireplace set. It'll do in a pinch as a club. You sneak to the edge of the room and listen through the doorway.

Listen to their conversation.

It sounds like a quite elderly couple are talking downstairs while a television playing very quietly in the background.  An old man and woman, both with a rural accent. They sound bored, or maybe just matter-of-fact. The conversation is punctuated with a lot of odd pauses.

“- and no shoes, that's what confuses me.”

“Maybe he lost em'.”

“How does a man lose his shoes like that out there?”

“...Maybe he got his feet caught in a fence.”

“...Hm.”

“No socks, either.”

“No.”

“How'd he lose his socks out there?”

“...Maybe he got em' wet, took em' off, prevent frostbite?”

“...Hm.”

“Well, he'll need new ones. When he wakes up, I'll give em' some of my brothers socks.”

“...Hm.”

What now? >_

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2015, 12:08:11 pm »

Well, go meet and greet them. Thank for whatever they did to help me and apologize for being such a nuisance. Be polite. Also explain that I was running away from murderers so I took the fire poker only for my safety should they appear again.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2015, 05:48:49 pm »

Well, go meet and greet them. Thank for whatever they did to help me and apologize for being such a nuisance. Be polite. Also explain that I was running away from murderers so I took the fire poker only for my safety should they appear again.
Umm.. no. Just leave the fire poker upstairs so that we at least don't freak them out on first impression. Then we can go downstairs and feed them more believable lies.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »

Umm.. no. Just leave the fire poker upstairs so that we at least don't freak them out on first impression. Then we can go downstairs and feed them more believable lies.

You set the fire poker back down where you found it, at least for now, and leave the room. The building is a fine, sturdily constructed old house, and fairly expansive. At one point, a large family must have lived here – there's even a framed photograph, in black and white, of what looks like a farming family. Or something like that. The light fixtures are electrical, but quite old – most of them have incandescent bulbs, but there's a lamp in a bedroom with a fluorescent lightbulb.

You descend the stairs into a wide, open kitchen. There's a sort of counter that divides a dining room from the food preparation area. A fridge and counters are lit by an overhead rack, but otherwise the only light source is the television and the floor-length lamp from the next room. The floors are mostly shining hardwood, though it's covered in some places with dingy carpet.

In the next room, a pair of seniors are sitting in matching leatherette recliners. Perhaps sixty years old, or a very well preserved seventy, they are dressed in clean but worn clothes. When you step into the room, they turn to look at you with somewhat bland expressions.

“Oh.” the woman says. “You're awake. You all right?”

The man asks “What happened to you, sonny?” in a lightly concerned tone.

What do you tell them, or do? >_

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2015, 08:14:39 pm »

"some guys tried to kidnap me. I got away"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2015, 09:30:42 pm »

+1 While we don't want to give them heart attacks and have AARP stocks increase, we should be honest with these folks within reason. Now, they needn't know the vampire business, but the kidnapping part is both true, and enough for them to grasp. I approve.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2015, 10:15:25 pm »

+1 While we don't want to give them heart attacks and have AARP stocks increase, we should be honest with these folks within reason. Now, they needn't know the vampire business, but the kidnapping part is both true, and enough for them to grasp. I approve.
Let's use Nudge Will to make them less freak-out-y if it feels like they rise to something higher than just mild concern.
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12