Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.  (Read 12264 times)

Nunzillor

Re: (SG) Please Drink Responsibly.
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2015, 08:01:07 pm »

Hmm, is this the same sort of harmless "evil" that the jaded hospital staff had, or something more dangerous?  Not sure how to handle this...

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2015, 08:16:36 pm »

Does "your powers grow!" remind anyone else of a Shin Megami Tensei game?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »

Hmm, is this the same sort of harmless "evil" that the jaded hospital staff had, or something more dangerous?  Not sure how to handle this...

A bit more severe than hospital staff, not as severe as the Nazi Vampire Cult.

Does "your powers grow!" remind anyone else of a Shin Megami Tensei game?

Accidental reference is best reference.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2015, 08:35:19 pm »

If you're an SMT fan we should get married.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »

Spoiler: End boss of the game is Literally Hitler, and you defeat him through a combination of demon summoning and tutoring someone in maths.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2015, 09:17:42 pm »

Spoiler: End boss of the game is Literally Hitler, and you defeat him through a combination of demon summoning and tutoring someone in maths.
So basically, Persona/SMT Nocturne and Math Blasters? Got you. Major kudos for anyone who knows Math Blaster.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2015, 11:33:59 pm »

Use hidden knife on... Something small and dangerous in the garage. Also feed animals once more if we still have time.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nunzillor

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »

I think we will be okay with this guy.  Let's accompany him into town, using nudge to extract information on some of his morally dubious activities on the drive.  Also be sure to nudge him into a comfortable state of compliance should he attempt to attack us in any way. 

In any case, don't push for information too hard.  His activities are none of our concern.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:17:58 pm by Nunzillor »

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »

Use hidden knife on... Something small and dangerous in the garage. Also feed animals once more if we still have time.

You don't need to feed, you're 9/10 at the moment. But arming yourself would be sensible.

“I'll be ready to go in a minute, just give me a minute.” you tell them. Earl nods, eying you suspiciously as you duck through the door into the garage. You look over the old workbench. There's a number of tools here, and the adjustable crescent wrench looks like the most likely weapon. An experimental heft shows that it has quite a lot of weight to it.

You use your powers to conceal it on your person. Normally, it would be pretty obvious sticking out of your coat pocket, but nobody should notice it now. “All right.” Hyde says to you, quietly. “Showtime?”

“Yep. Showtime.”

I think we will be okay with this guy.  Let's accompany him into town, using nudge to extract information on some of his morally dubious activities on the drive.  Also be sure to nudge him into a comfortable state of compliance should he attempt to attack us in any way. 

In any case, don't push for information too hard.  His activities are none of our concern.

You step back into the house, lean into the living room where the three of them are watching T.V.

“Mr and Mrs Ives? Is it all right if I keep the clothing you've given me?”

“Oh, of course.” Mrs. Ives tells you. “They don't fit anyone who lives here any more. You need them. Keep them.”

“All right, thank you very much. Earl, are you ready to go?”

Earl nods and stands up, looking a little perturbed. Your hidden sense detect an odd bulge. He has a weapon hidden on his person. Not like you do – he's just crammed it in the inside of his jacket. Hyde smirks. That makes things more interesting.

“Stay out of trouble.” Mr. Ives tells you. “Good luck.”

“I'll do my best. Thanks again.”

You walk over and shake their hands, turn to where Earl is waiting, and walk out of the house with him.

Out on the front porch, you see there's a little snow coming down. You step out onto the front walk and take a look around. Earl is not observant enough to notice your breath doesn't fog.

“Nice night.” you say.

“Yeah.” Earl says, pulling a snubby 38. revolver on you. “Sure is. What the fuck are you doing out here?”

You spread your hands. “Relaaaaax.” you tell him. “I'm not up to anything bad. You can trust me.”

“Oh.” Earl says. He looks doubtful, but he stops pointing his gun at you, scratches his temple with the barrel of the gun. “Sorry about that...but, uh, are you really just some guy? I mean...”

“Yep. Just the way it is. Accidental collision, that's all.”

“Phew. I was worried for a minute. You don't look like a cop, but you got that strung out look to you. You know, no offense, but you look like you use, ya know?”

“Eh. I've had a rough month, that's all.”

“Oh...” Earl puts his gun away and looks a little blank.

“You gonna drive me in to Fawcett?” you ask.

“Oh, uh, yeah, sure.” he says. “No problem.”

Earl drives a grubby dark blue pickup truck with a plow mounted on the front. It smells of body odor, cheap cigarettes and stale beer, but at least it's getting you where you want to go. You get in and buckle up in the passenger seat, and Earl gets in and starts the engine up.

“You should put on your seat belt, Earl.”

“Nah, I don't need it.” he says.

“...Okay, if you say so.”

Earl backs the truck up, does a three point turn to aim it down the road, and then you're off, driving through the country. Through the trees, past a series of cow fields, the odd building sticking out of the snow. The light dusting of snow coming down makes Earl flick on the windshield wipers.

“So, I'm just curious. Why are you friends with the Ives?” you ask Earl.

“Oh, them? Well, they've lived there basically forever. My grandparents knew em'. They're pretty straight laced, trusting kinda people, you know?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Anyways, I came by one night to see if I could rip anything off, but they were awake. I made up some bullshit story about being lost, and they gave me dinner. They're a little senile, ya know?”

“Go on.”

“Well, they gave me run of the place. But they didn't have anything real good I could pawn or whatever. But I found this loose set of tiles in the bathroom, so I use it as a stash.”

“A stash?”

“Yeah, I got a buddy, he's a cook not far from their place. We hide the crystal in their house – figure nobody will look there, since they're such straight laced nice old folks, ya know? Jordan makes the shit, I distribute.”

“Oookay then.”

“Shit, why am I telling you this? Look, just forget I told you that, all right?”

“Sure, no prob. I won't tell a soul.”

Earl shakes his head, looking confused. Then he flicks the radio on. There's a tense news broadcast going.

“...beneath city hall. A gas main explosion is the suspected cause of the fire, which the Juno fire department have bravely contained. The mayor and several members of the city council are among those still missing...”

The radio's a little disturbing, and you comment as much. “Huh. That sounds bad.”

“Yeah, I was watching on the news.” Earl comments. “Buncha gas lines blew up over in Juno. Big mess.”

“That's a shame.”

Earl turns the radio to quiet country music and turns on to a plowed highway, a road sign telling you that Fawcett is only a few miles. The roads are mostly deserted. An emergency vehicle passes you by in a hurry. The truck lights illuminate the falling snow. The glow of the city is on the horizon.

“Is that a plane?” you ask Earl.

“Is what?” says Earl.

“That, there.” you say, pointing to the red dot in the night sky. It's too high up to be a blinker on a power line, but it's not moving fast enough to be an airplane, now that you think of it.

“What are you pointing at?”

“That red light, there.” you tell him.

“I don't see it.”

“Ooh.” you say. “Huh.”

But it's hanging in the sky, quite clearly. A tiny, bright red dot. Maybe a star.

Ten minutes later, you pull into the edge of Fawcett. “Where are we going?” Earl asks.

What now? >_

Spoiler: Your inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powers: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:22:50 pm by Glacies »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2015, 05:08:35 pm »

To our parents, we go!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2015, 05:58:31 pm »

To our parents, we go!
+1. You know me, Glacies. Glad to have you aboard Project-[T], by the way.

Nunzillor

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2015, 09:02:26 pm »

Where is the red dot in the sky, which cardinal direction?  Use the car's compass, if it has one.  I wonder if that "star" is in the direction of something we need.  Is it moving?  Getting bigger?

Ask the drug dealer for some money and then +1 to the 2 posts above this one.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:39:46 pm by Nunzillor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2015, 10:35:16 pm »

Try to remember our mother's name
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2015, 11:32:22 pm »

Where is the red dot in the sky, which cardinal direction?  Use the car's compass, if it has one.  I wonder if that "star" is in the direction of something we need.  Is it moving?  Getting bigger?

Ask the drug dealer for some money and then +1 to the 2 posts above this one.

The red star hangs in the eastern sky, a bright dot. Almost like an eye watching you. It neither grows larger, nor gets smaller.

“So, uh, I was wondering.” You tell Earl, “Could you loan me some, uh, cash?”

He looks over at you suspiciously. “I’ll pay you back, of course.” You nudge him.

“I, uhhh, I guess...” he says.

You can tell the push is wavering, this goes against his nature. But his willpower’s too weak to really resist it. He reaches into his pocket and gets his wallet out, and hands you a wad of twenties bundled together with an elastic band. He hands it over slowly, with a blank look.

“Now, can you drop me off at, say, the Dairy King on Argyle?” you ask. It’s close to home, and Earl doesn’t need to know where you live. Earl complies, and a short drive later you find yourself on the street, a block and a half from your home in front of an ice cream parlor closed for the winter. The motif of a frost-covered king with an icicle crown holding out a snowcone sits on top of the squat building, looking creepy half-illuminated by the streetlight. The parking lot is a solid snowdrift - they don't bother plowing it in the winter. You hop out of the truck and wave bye to Earl. His expression changes to one of irritable confusion, and he reaches out, slams the door and drives away. You're left by the curb as he drives away.

You watch Earl drive out of sight, just to be sure. Then you start towards the address you found in the phonebook.

The sound of very distant traffic and the crunch of snow underfoot are the only noises. No breathing. The absence feels louder than the noise of breathing itself. No pulse. A sense of panic wells up in you, but you smother it down. You have an obligation to them. You can’t remember their faces.

Try to remember our mother's name

The snow crunching underfoot seems incredibly loud. You can’t remember your family’s faces. Your hands are shaking as you turn onto the street you grew up on. You can’t remember your family’s faces. There’s a sort of block on your thoughts, like a question that’s impossible to solve, a knot that won’t come undone. You can’t remember your family’s faces, and your head hurts.

Your house is a two story post-war place, with an adjoining garage. The walk and the driveway are both shoveled. There’s a picture window covered with a curtain. The front door is a faded green. There’s a stack of mail, abandoned fliers, boot prints.

Standing at the door, you shudder with uncertainty. This is your house. Your family lives inside here but you can’t remember who they are. Closing your eyes and gathering your willpower, you hesitate for a moment, then knock on the door.

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

Nothing. You knock again.

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk thunk thunkthunkthu-

The door opens. Your younger brother, Stephen, opens the door while you’re still hammering on it so you stumble in as he rapidly backs up. He looks a lot like you. Dark brown hair, fair complexion, a scared expression. He’s only ten, so he’s still got a lot of growing to do. He stares at you wordlessly. You’re at a loss for words too.

“...”

Inside, the living room is a bit of a mess. The table is covered in pizza boxes, the TV is on to some made for TV garbage science fiction movie. Your mother comes down the stairs and stares at you. She has lines on her face that she didn’t have before Christmas – your disappearance has obviously caused a lot of stress. Her voice is quavery, the shock of your reappearance only just setting in.

“Tom?”

You take your hat off. “Yeah. Hi Mom. Guess I'm a bit late. Am I grounded?”

- - -

You gain further vampire powers; pick one of your powers to upgrade.

What do you tell your family? What information do you hide from your family? How do you try to explain what happened? If you're going to stay with them, they'll probably need to know about your severe sunlight allergy, and also, the police will probably want to question you. It'll be awkward, to say the least.

What now? >_

Spoiler: Your inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powers: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:26:31 pm by Glacies »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2015, 11:38:27 pm »

Upgrade nudge will. Also, hug mother.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12