Elysia
Spooder
Doge
Cat
Snek
Andala
Abstain

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 110

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (Actually Accepted Two Signups!)  (Read 81131 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (There can only be one!)
« Reply #915 on: November 18, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »

You're kind of the one who went on a rant saying you would kill everyone for turtling up because it was boring and you wouldn't pull any punches. If we believe you would actually do so, it's your fault for saying you would. Look, I like you, but you kind of put yourself in this position. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 18, 2015, 08:14:35 pm »

Or, you know, we could drop the discussion entirely, because it's over and fighting is dumb?
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 18, 2015, 08:16:35 pm »

Wow, it's almost like I'm not a big enough asshole to *actually kill off* a bunch of people who are enjoying a game. Or that FOE's not a big enough asshole to let me do it. Maybe you should trust that the GM knows what he's doing. Or not. Whatever. I'm done.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 18, 2015, 08:58:47 pm »

...and apparently everyone's opinion of me is low enough...

Not really. That's why I commented on the gloating; even if it starts as friendly banter, meaning and nuance is lost until it looks like the real thing, specially since it's in written form.

Also now that I can see the map, I see the Fighter with a poleaxe is far away. I had a scare for a moment there, thinking all of them had one until I re-read the stats.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 19, 2015, 08:25:48 am »

First of all, I''m not going to even acknowledge all that BS up there because if I did, I'd just piss myself off while I'm sick.

Secondly, you all seem to think that subdue and detain=death. It's almost like I'm intentionally dropping hints or something.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2015, 09:43:54 am »

Not really, but I do think fighting them is the best (more logical) option from an IC standpoint. While OOC we might know we'll survive because you just wouldn't pull a "you surrendered, you ded" on us, IC most of our characters have good reason to not just lay down arms because a bunch of natives claim to be victims of past aggression. We aren't saints and as far as the group knows, they could be the ones trying to pull a fast one on us.

While our offer is "just leave us alone and all's fine", theirs is "be at our mercy or be attacked", and you don't need to be good at negotiating to know something is wrong with that.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:49:28 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 19, 2015, 10:14:14 am »

I don't think he's talking about IC.

Edit: Also, tbh, they're in the stronger negotiating position. They have more troops and are better armed. You guys just got off a wrecked ship and have nowhere to go, no source of backup, etc. They're actually not crazy for demanding surrender and such. It's just that the PC attitude is almost always "Screw that, we can win no matter what" and so IC some people aren't realizing they're at the weaker position. Partially because not all the enemies can be seen by them, but the fighter isn't actually being that unreasonable.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 10:18:18 am by Swordstar »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 19, 2015, 10:27:50 am »

The larger army that we can't see? I mean... you DID point that out but it's still valid. And giving up like this is not in Pasco's character.

OOC I'm not scared of this map. We're outnumbered and outgunned buuut we always are.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 10:30:13 am by Powder Miner »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 19, 2015, 10:29:50 am »

I dunno, they specifically say that throwing down our weapons isn't good enough. Doesn't strike me as a reasonable demand. Now if it was something like "You will be stripped of your weapons and have your hands tied", that might make more sense. "Surrender and be Subdued" is being taken, at least by me, to mean "Get on the ground and we'll stop kicking you eventually."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 19, 2015, 10:33:50 am »

I mean... is this supposed to be a map where we're SUPPOSED to surrender? Because I... well, I don't want to, frankly.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 19, 2015, 10:34:26 am »

Err, right, sorry, I was not clear in what I was trying to say. I'm not saying that you guys should surrender IC. Not trying to say that at all. I'm partially saying that even if you could see the army, it's unlikely some of you would surrender, but I'm mostly saying that the fighter knows exactly what army he has backing him up and as such knows (in his mind at least) that he's completely within reason to demand this because better a few of their people die to get you unconscious and put in a place where they can figure out what to do with you later, etc, than risk letting you guys just chill and potentially murder later or leave and bring back more people and murder even more of them then. Better to figure out the problem now as opposed to later type thing if that makes sense.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 19, 2015, 11:24:57 am »

I mean... is this supposed to be a map where we're SUPPOSED to surrender? Because I... well, I don't want to, frankly.

Like, it's an option you can take that I didn't expect but in the end isn't hard to work around.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 22, 2015, 11:55:35 am »

I'm totally all for diplomacy'ing this out :3
I mean, we're not really working on a binary 'surrender or not (as in fight to the death D:<)' because given its a FE on Forum, the forum part gives total freedom of how the play works out \o/

* Tiruin is just all for diplomacy here. T_T

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 22, 2015, 12:56:40 pm »

But... well, we already tried diplomacy, aaaaaand it failed. We're basically just gonna be retreading, Tir, and it isn't likely going to work.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 22, 2015, 01:26:36 pm »

I dunno, they specifically say that throwing down our weapons isn't good enough. Doesn't strike me as a reasonable demand. Now if it was something like "You will be stripped of your weapons and have your hands tied", that might make more sense. "Surrender and be Subdued" is being taken, at least by me, to mean "Get on the ground and we'll stop kicking you eventually."

#late but you do realize that that's not said anywhere right (if it is it's a typo)? It's "surrender (and be at our mercy) or be subdued and detained". Not that much better but you'd sorta be doing that anyway.

Also you guys sure are murder happy. "Let's kill all these natives who in the end are only trying to subdue us out of a reasonably sound fear given their past experience" :V.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:36:41 pm by F.O.E. »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 110