Elysia
Spooder
Doge
Cat
Snek
Andala
Abstain

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (Actually Accepted Two Signups!)  (Read 80989 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals OOC (There can only be one!)
« Reply #570 on: September 27, 2015, 08:08:51 pm »

Missed there was a plan but I'm still out of the way anyway, so all is well.
I assume.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2015, 12:19:15 pm »

I think I'll move when I get home, need to check the map.

Between Trample and Reliable Attack, I think I'd rather stick to the latter. Are you also planning changes to Promoted Classes too?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2015, 12:23:08 pm »

You'd rather have an activated effect that doesn't let you attack as opposed to a flat +3 dmg against anyone that's not mounted?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:25 pm »

"I think", and I haven't even discussed the matter over IRC with FOE. It's just a personal preference for flexibility.

Reliable Attack doesn't prevent you from attacking; not all Activated Effects demand you spend your turn/action to activate it. Examples: Pious Veil, Gamble, Parity, Guard and so on. The description has to mention you are foregoing your attacks for the turn, such as LotW and En Passant.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 28, 2015, 12:50:39 pm »

If it's the version that I originally had in my game, which I suspect it is since FOE stole a lot of the game changes pastebin from me and he agreed with my ideas on it when I had that version, it does prevent you from attacking, otherwise it's far too OP to be able to do it however often you want.

Edit: Talked with FOE, it does work like this. Can be used every turn, but needs to be in place of an attack
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:59:10 pm by Swordstar »

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2015, 12:58:39 pm »

I think I'll move when I get home, need to check the map.

Between Trample and Reliable Attack, I think I'd rather stick to the latter. Are you also planning changes to Promoted Classes too?

Eventually I'll get around to promo Class skils.

"I think", and I haven't even discussed the matter over IRC with FOE. It's just a personal preference for flexibility.

Reliable Attack doesn't prevent you from attacking; not all Activated Effects demand you spend your turn/action to activate it. Examples: Pious Veil, Gamble, Parity, Guard and so on. The description has to mention you are foregoing your attacks for the turn, such as LotW and En Passant.

Since there's nothing stopping you from spamming Reliable Attack it's an action that doesn't let you attack after using it. As Swordstar said, it's too OP otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:00:20 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 28, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »

Read the changes pastebin, etc.

:P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 28, 2015, 01:35:06 pm »

Edit: Talked with FOE, it does work like this. Can be used every turn, but needs to be in place of an attack

But it wasn't mentioned in the changes, hence my former point. Reliable Attack is still good as it is now, though to be honest I liked it because I was thinking of a Social Knight > Paladin's good points (all-rounder, stable fighter and defender) and if the Maelduin is getting new skills then that's partially void anyway.
>Yes?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 28, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »

Lestat to 11-12*
Pasco hold*
Aenbarr to 12-10*

* means can go now

repost
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:11:15 pm by Swordstar »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »

I really should make an angry face, I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 28, 2015, 09:54:27 pm »

Fillipk, you don't need to put things in ** like that. You can instead just put in normal text something like:

Sara realized for the first time that Sancturians had joined them and quickly said

[insert snek face] [insert snek words]

It gives you a bit more ability to express things and more range in which to write.

Edit: Also, while it has been mentioned that they're from Sanctuary, there's no real reason that Sara should recognize them as such. She'd be more likely to recognize them as strangers since she apparently missed all the conversation about it before.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 28, 2015, 10:30:18 pm »

Thank you will do that, and I saw them as sancturians because the Travis told me, and the thief spoke about it.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 28, 2015, 10:46:27 pm »

The Tarvos, aka Aenbarr, just told you to be careful with your emotions, he never mentioned they were Sancturians. And even Pasco never said Sancturians, just talked about crusaders which didn't need to be specifically referring to the newbies, etc. It's fine if you want Sara to assume they're Sancturians, you just need to be careful about things like that is all.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 28, 2015, 11:03:08 pm »

Your right but Sara is smart and the clues point to sancturians, refugees gives it away to be honest, as do the crusader speak.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110