Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11251 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Is the session in session, or is there still time?

Er, session's actually over by now. We fought a bullshit CR 3 sorcerer in heavy armor (but he only had 45 HP, so it's all good) as 3 level one characters, died horribly, retconned ourselves into level 3, killed him pretty handily, then decided we were collectively too tired and annoyed to continue.

Also, we discovered that Shield is opop, that throwing a CR 3 sorcerer at a party of 4 level two characters probably would have been unreasonable, and several other things.

well we kinda quit cause there wasn't enough people here to do the session without it being fucking stupid.  Also wizards got nerfed to fucking hell, and now suck so much.

To be honest, is a level 3 wizard supposed to be any good to begin with? They're kind of the quadratic growth types, aren't they?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Hmh.  Do we need a fighter?
I could multiclass.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmh.  Do we need a fighter?
I could multiclass.

Not really. We just need people.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Though someone who can actually take a hit would be nice.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is more that Wizards went from "fighters? Who needs em, I'll take on the army myself!" to "Yeah... fighter stay near me, I'll need a bit of help"

Which is leagues of difference.

To admit most of the ranged touch attacks have turned into auto-hits...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, the vast majority of ranged things still need to hit, for example all the rays still need to actually hit.  So with the way they scale, by level 7 or 8 wizards will just never hit anything ever again...
Nom nom nom

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to my world. Except they started dodging my attacks at level 1. :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Heh.  Get in close range, learn to concentrate under fire, and blast people to death.
((Is there some sort of perk for that?  Combat casting?))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:45:59 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have neither the ac nor the health to do that as a wizard...
Nom nom nom

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to my world. Except they started dodging my attacks at level 1. :P

It sucks when everyone has Evasion for your main attack, doesn't it? At least you can kill undead with it sometimes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Multiclass. Duh.
Also, I am not a wizard, but a sorcerer, so I actually get AC bonuses eventually.  I think.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Multiclassing is kinda shit in 5e, I would think, unless you use it to dip into certain proficiencies, because level one gets you about a quarter of what the class is even about at best, with level 3 being the point where you actually get the core features and stuff. Also slows attribute gain, doesn't it? And you do need those +1s with how slowly everything increases for you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Multiclass. Duh.
Also, I am not a wizard, but a sorcerer, so I actually get AC bonuses eventually.  I think.
"Yes, I will sacrifice my already highly limited spell slots and slow class progression for the sake of being marginally better at something I shouldn't be doing in the first place!"

"Get an armor proficiency" is the real solution, such as it is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yeah, armor proficiency was what I was thinking of.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14