Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11271 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Sweet, a secondary wizard.  Time for ultra blasty tactics in which only the wizards survive once more!

Also don't worry too much about the SR char sheet, as I mentioned Tues will probably just be finishing characters and such since I know neonivek doesn't have one and I don't think MR. Harry Blandman has one either.

Alright, then.

But yeah, I'm building him mainly as a classic God-style buffer/debuffer/battlefield controller rather than a blaster. Probably going to go for either Transmutation or Illusion as his school, because both getting proficiency on Con saves and Illusory Reality are pretty cool. Even if nobody's tanking, we just have to live through a couple levels and we can hire NPCs as meatshields and trapfinders, probably, and that's if nobody else shows up with skilful/martial character. Don't even need a Rogue to open locks with that early part of Transmutation and a little judicious Mage Hand, heh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I was going to go either evocation or necromancy.  I thought maybe necromancy because walking corpses make excellent trapfinders... but that's rather far off.
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

10 GMT is 5 EST running to, what, 8 EST?  I should be able to make that, if you're still looking for people.

Now I just need to roll a character.

And remember my Roll20 account.

Although I should probably mention that I will not be talking in voice chat.  Probably will be listening though.

What classes have we...
*dives into the interwebs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Biggerfish let me help you, do you have a Skype or steam you can PM me?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If you'd like, I can PM you a link to my Dropbox where I have PDFs that fell off the back of a cybertruck.

3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't appreciate being CC'd on that PM.
If you know what I mean.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I most certainly would have no interest in anything of that sort either and I would tell anyone who directly asks me the same.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:26:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me either, totally don't want all the source books I don't have.  ((spoiler, I'd actually very much appreciate it flying dice :P))
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I wouldn't appreciate that link either, nor would I appreciate some form of references for page numbers of whatever.  Especially the section(s) on skills.  I really would not appreciate that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

the doublespeak is strong within this thread

Anyways I'm back, and finally I am able to play. I have made another character, still a monk but will probably be an Open Hand one with some fighter/rogue levels later maybe ? intend to make him a grappler as well (sweet, sweet Rogue Expertise)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=307186

Backstory: Born in a classical hidden forest elf village. Was prone to brawling as a kid, so parents put him in a monastery. Lived there for a while, monastery revered nature so he started to as well. Became lawful, and once he went back to elven society he was ostracized due to being lawful neutral in a predominantly chaotic good society. Didn't took it well, and so he left (or as he says, exiled himself) to walk the earth. Has traveled for many years, probably a half century.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Oh hey, we'll have someone who isn't squishy now!  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hah yay
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yeah, this party is full of mages, sorcerors...
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And a solitary cleric! Gotta have those heals!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Oh hey, we'll have someone who isn't squishy now!  :P

yea. soon i'll have an elf with 16 constitution.

But then again the point of it was a bit to go against elf stereotypes. I kept the nature-loving because he's still an elf, and it makes sense considering his backstory.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14