Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11282 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Not terribly weak, and frankly your character seems like one you wanted to play which is far more important in my mind.

You just are going to be hit quite a bit and for the moment you don't deal a lot of damage back either.

I don't see your character really coming into his own and shining until the 4th level.

I get two attacks a round due to being a monk, so this increases damage. And yeah apparently monk gets stronger with levels.

I could roll my stats until I get a better Dex score, but  3 15's and decent other stats is already nice enough at the start of the game.

But then point of the monk is to be quick hit-and-run flanker, not the best DPS or tank of the party. Also elemental monk will be fun.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:50:29 am by Naryar »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also guys so far I don't see anything that suggests characters get bonus stuff for high attributes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Also guys so far I don't see anything that suggests characters get bonus stuff for high attributes.

Why would they? Bonuses to rolls, extra carrying capacity, extra minutes that one can hold their breath, all these are pretty decent on their own. Not as decent as some of those feats in the optional features catalog, methinks, but to each their own.

Also, Corpse also has himself one of those Hermit Discovery thingamajigs, but I don't count on it becoming plot-relevant any time soon.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Due to sudden changes to my schedule i may not be able to play. I'll keep you informed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this point I don't QUITE know what number of people will be able to play on Sunday. Can I possible get a roll count?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

late but here if there's a game.
Nom nom nom

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this point I don't QUITE know what number of people will be able to play on Sunday. Can I possible get a roll count?
If the time will be moved to 10 GMT as discussed, then me and Ninja are 100% in.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll keep you and Ninja out of this for now. I think it will work better for group cohesion.

Ehhhh... Ok I'll see if it works out.

Now to work on my issues.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:35:03 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'll be there, and I'll have my wizard sheet up before then.

Just. Uh. I'm going out drinking with some friends in a bit, so that sheet'll be in the thread in the wee hours of the morning and may be full of typos I'll need to fix later. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

'ere we go

Arannis Liadon, chill old-ass elf Wizard who caught the wrong end of something nasty and ended up with a bunch of his memories gone.

As fer tomorrow, I've just received a lovely email that tells me that I'm going to be gone and busy from ~6:00 or 6:30 PM onward, the fuckers, so my time scales proportionally to how early we start, with 4PM being the best listed. Shouldn't be too big if we're mostly practicing and reviewing sheets though.

Fuck. I gotta finish my Shadowrun sheet for Kilakan's game, but it's like 3:30 AM and that fuckin' hipster-ass craft beer is hitting me way too hgard.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, a secondary wizard.  Time for ultra blasty tactics in which only the wizards survive once more!

Also don't worry too much about the SR char sheet, as I mentioned Tues will probably just be finishing characters and such since I know neonivek doesn't have one and I don't think MR. Harry Blandman has one either.
Nom nom nom

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also don't worry too much about the SR char sheet, as I mentioned Tues will probably just be finishing characters and such since I know neonivek doesn't have one and I don't think MR. Harry Blandman has one either.

You think correctly! But this I intend to fix tomorrow. There's just something about mounds upon mounds of sourcebooks that deters me from making conscious effort. Probably why I find 5e so easy to get into.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, like I said use chummer and only look at the core book until something in chummer peaks your interest, than refer to that page in a source book.  The sourcebooks are mostly all for a certain class each, so you really don't need to open them until well, you need to open them.

Sorry no more derailing glorious DnD5e exploits of the corpse and corpse makers.
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well DreXav and his friend won't be attending. Which I am grateful for.

Better fit people together who have similar interests.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14