Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 387915 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #690 on: September 14, 2015, 12:03:38 am »

I wouldn't say that I find the Archivist annoying, but it will be nice to see what other worldbuilding magic you can pull out of that top hat, Mr Frog~

Fear not, my next bit after the one I'm currently writing will be about banshees. Then maybe I'll do something with the other dwarven civ but who knows. I've been feeling a bit unenergetic lately (which is why I haven't finished it yet) but I'm gonna take a few days off from the gym and see if that helps (going seven days a week tends to wear you down after a while, lol)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 14, 2015, 04:14:53 am »

Here we go. More stuff on Blackwood. Rated E for Extra Edgy.

Spoiler: The Reconing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:54:48 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 14, 2015, 09:15:43 pm »

Splint just PM'd me; he'll be unable to continue his turn for the foreseeable future. I'll give him a couple days to upload his current save (since, my bitching aside, he gave us some really great updates and I don't want to throw them out), else we'll roll back. I'll PM the next guy once this is resolved.

E: @Monitor_Lisard:

Hm. Kinda like the whole anti-villain thing you have going there, although it seems a bit at odds with Blackwood's general amorality. Should probably try to figure out how to explain that.

Your current assignment, should you choose to accept, is to write me a detailed narrative piece exploring Blackwood and the Vampire Queen's relationship. Doesn't have to be too consequential; just him and Urist having a moment or something.

My story piece is pretty much done; I'll just need to proofread it and post it sometime late tonight.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:21:41 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 14, 2015, 09:55:19 pm »

Here's my save, such as it is.

Sorry guys. Just haven't been feeling mentally sound ( the constantly sore foot isn't helping,) and no offense intended, but I haven't exactly felt inspired here. Might try to sit down and do something else of my own, but nothing's really been helping. Leave any sympathy at the door, cause you probably got some cloud residue on it.

Cancel the additional turn as well.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:59 pm »

Here's my save, such as it is.

Sorry guys. Just haven't been feeling mentally sound ( the constantly sore foot isn't helping,) and no offense intended, but I haven't exactly felt inspired here. Might try to sit down and do something else of my own, but nothing's really been helping. Leave any sympathy at the door, cause you probably got some cloud residue on it.

Cancel the additional turn as well.

Done. Feel free to sign up for a turn again if you change your mind.

E: PM has been sent to ImagoDeo. If he doesn't claim it in a couple days I'll just PM Crashmaster and cherry-hearts simultaneously and it'll be first come, first served :V  Don't feel like working my way down the list one-by-one since activity in the thread has been quite slow, leading me to suspect that there is a lack of interest. C'mon lurkers I know you're there
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:08:56 pm by Mr Frog »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2015, 11:31:29 pm »

In any case, here's my next story piece -- as a minor point of interest, it is by far the longest I've written for this fort (even though it's mostly a device to set up a possible new hostile race if I ever do a sequel, lol):

Spoiler: A Secret Laboratory (click to show/hide)

Next one will be about banshees. Fun fun fun!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 14, 2015, 11:46:34 pm »

Well, she certainly seems to be swinging further towards the Chaotic Evil corner of the spectra, if she reacts to an infringement on her freedom like that '^^

All in all, a rather excellent story post~

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2015, 12:17:33 am »

Well, she certainly seems to be swinging further towards the Chaotic Evil corner of the spectra, if she reacts to an infringement on her freedom like that '^^

I'm not even sure how the hell to classify her on that thing, lol. His Gaudiness is definitely Neutral Evil, since he's really just in it for petty personal gain and doesn't really care about law and order either way, and the Consort is probably Lawful Evil (bordering on Lawful Neutral) since she's basically a social climber who simply seeks power and control, but the Royal Archivist... basically, at her core, she's a sick, sick fuck with a god complex who wants to set the world aflame just to watch it burn, but her great age has taught her patience and temperance, and then there's the fact that she passes herself off as a benevolent figure to others. So, she's Chaotic Evil at heart, Lawful Evil in action, but Lawful Good in reputation.

E: Also, thank you ^^;  I'm genuinely concerned that people have lost interest in the fort (though admittedly our view count is steadily approaching 10,000 even is I type this) so I appreciate the kind words.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:20:34 am by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2015, 12:37:50 am »

I'm not even sure how the hell to classify her on that thing, lol. His Gaudiness is definitely Neutral Evil, since he's really just in it for petty personal gain and doesn't really care about law and order either way, and the Consort is probably Lawful Evil (bordering on Lawful Neutral) since she's basically a social climber who simply seeks power and control, but the Royal Archivist... basically, at her core, she's a sick, sick fuck with a god complex who wants to set the world aflame just to watch it burn, but her great age has taught her patience and temperance, and then there's the fact that she passes herself off as a benevolent figure to others. So, she's Chaotic Evil at heart, Lawful Evil in action, but Lawful Good in reputation.

E: Also, thank you ^^;  I'm genuinely concerned that people have lost interest in the fort (though admittedly our view count is steadily approaching 10,000 even is I type this) so I appreciate the kind words.

Well, a good way that I've heard it described is thus:

Lawful Good: Law and order is good when it benefits the people.
Lawful Neutral: Laws are good by virtue of being laws.
Lawful Evil: Laws are good when I can exploit them for my own gain.

Neutral Good: Let's do the Right Thing
True Neutral: Whatever.
Neutral Evil: Let's Make People Do Things For Me

Chaotic Good: Personal freedom is to be cherished above all, and I will die for others'.
Chaotic Neutral: Personal freedom is to be cherished above all, and I will die for mine.
Chaotic Evil: Personal freedom is to be cherished above all. Mine more than yours.

Seems like the Royal Archivist'd sprawl across an exquisite sofa smack-dab across all three shades of Evil '^^ Although you're probably right about how the people perceive her as a Lawful NonEvil character.

And yes, people are losing interest, for now. However, to me, it feels like a calm-before-the-storm situation. Give it time, this fort should flourish~

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2015, 12:44:35 am »

And yes, people are losing interest, for now. However, to me, it feels like a calm-before-the-storm situation. Give it time, this fort should flourish~

We're probably mostly lurkers at this point. Try as I might to fill the gap with out-of-fort story pieces, after the kerfuffle with Gwolfski and mikethete's (to call a spade a spade, with apologies) rather-bland (if very punctual) turn there hasn't been much of interest to discuss. Fortunately, ImagoDeo and Crashmaster have given me reason to have faith in their writing ability, and we know for a fact that cherry-hearts can give us an amusing turn, so we'll probably get some shit going shortly assuming everyone doesn't bail.

E:

Seems like the Royal Archivist'd sprawl across an exquisite sofa smack-dab across all three shades of Evil

Truly fabulous, she is.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:13 am »

Seems like the Royal Archivist'd sprawl across an exquisite sofa smack-dab across all three shades of Evil

Truly fabulous, she is.

I may draw that at some point, if the thread stagnates further. I've got all of tomorrow to myself, so...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2015, 01:06:25 am »

Truly fabulous, she is.

I may WILL draw that at some point, if the thread stagnates further. I've got all of tomorrow to myself, so...

Please. Or write something. I'm always eager for community contributions~
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:08:06 am by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2015, 01:09:50 am »

Truly fabulous, she is.

I may WILL draw that at some point, if the thread stagnates further. I've got all of tomorrow to myself, so...

Please. Or write something. I'm always eager for community contributions~

In that case, I'll start acquiring references now~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2015, 05:21:51 am »

Bonus points if you can make the Sofa of Evil a plot point without shoehorning it in.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2015, 07:28:27 am »

@Mr Frog

Well, I see no contradiction here. He's immoral not because he is that selfish (some vampires tend to have little self awareness), but because living creatures were nothing more than meat slabs to him (well, at least until he met Urist). Here's the first part.

Spoiler: The Intruder, part 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:01:56 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 140