Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 396824 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #450 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:06 pm »

Wow. I'm calling bullshit on that death. What the fuck killed me? Bleedout? head damage?

EDIT: Why is it the minute I leave the soldiers under anyone else's care they start dying?

You died because you rushed forward into the spawn before the backup arrived :(  You were chasing the fleeing critters and got seperated.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As to the exact manner of death it was definitely trauma.  those little holisitc spawn like to wrestle, and once they pop a joint it only goes downhill.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2015, 04:51:04 pm »

Welp, it's official. My dwarf was a disgrace to the Torrid Lash for dying with so few kills worth even a passing mention in anyone's history books. He didn't even deserve the title of Spearmaster dying like that.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 11, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »

You died so that the others in your squad could live.  There were only 2 deaths from the spearsquad all year.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2015, 05:00:00 pm »

Something tells me the game's combat AI disagrees with that sentiment.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 11, 2015, 05:04:08 pm »

I think we have galena lying around somewhere; we might be able to forge a few silver spikes to chew up the Spawn's ranks a bit, since we seem to be taking quite a few casualties (RIP Splint).

Also Jesus I can't even begin to imagine the carnage if we managed to gas the cave dragon. Muhahaha. Too bad it'd die after a year; I think I might extend the time limit if I use the mist again in a fort.

PMing Gwolfski presently.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 11, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »

204 was the first year of Declared War upon the Torrid Lash.

With 4 attacks, we face a 3pronged war.

Here is the later half of the list of sentient dead from my reign:
There were 99 deaths that were trracked, which discounts critter like unamed dogs and cats.

And our wars:
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »

...As part of The Outrageous War.   :o
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2015, 07:17:17 pm »

...As part of The Outrageous War.   :o
They're after our gems, probably...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 11, 2015, 07:27:03 pm »

Also, is it just me or are the !!WAR!!s a thing?  Two of them are fire-based.  And one of them could also reference the propensity to dispense Armok's Fire at seemingly random intervals.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 11, 2015, 09:43:58 pm »

I dont think I mentioned this, but  I didnt use dfhack at all and also enjoy our 20 babies and like 10 children in oir fort of ~170.  I really lost count in Obsidian.

Try to keep a doctor or two with only doc jobs and not even recover wounded...

and ps splint, you dwarf was one of the red dwarfs in the pic 'smite'.  He took on an ambush squad with as fellow or two and held them off so they didnt get inside.  Everyone who didnt chase the fleeing banshees were at the Trade Depot.  He didnt fail, he prrformed a job in the face of incredible odds.  Only the best soldiers die to stave off fatalism.  We have many lead and gold statuee made in the image of splint
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:48:30 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:49:54 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2015, 08:14:19 am »

ptw
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2015, 01:50:45 am »

TBH I don't think the Royal Archivist really gives any shits about the Torrid Lashes (I've already basically decided that she's actually a millenia-old necro that infiltrated the civ for giggles)
I know this is late, but darn, I was hoping for something a little more... interesting.

Also, is there any chance I could have a second turn? And could I also play around and explore the world we made in Adventurer and post about what I find?
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2015, 03:13:47 am »

TBH I don't think the Royal Archivist really gives any shits about the Torrid Lashes (I've already basically decided that she's actually a millenia-old necro that infiltrated the civ for giggles)
I know this is late, but darn, I was hoping for something a little more... interesting.

Also, is there any chance I could have a second turn? And could I also play around and explore the world we made in Adventurer and post about what I find?

TBH I'm open regarding the Royal Archivist if you have any suggestions; the necro idea is just something that popped into my head and it's not 100% set in stone (although I have sort of been writing from that standpoint for a while now). I just like the idea of there being this ancient sort of being that's completely lost all of their humanity and is basically a soulless monster who sees mortal lives as stupid and childish, although that is kinda cliche I guess. I do have a noted tendency to ignore suggestions though so don't get your hopes up that I'll listen~

And yes you may indeed have a second turn (repeat turns are 300% welcome everybody unless you seriously managed to piss me off at some point)! I'm actually overjoyed that you want another go. Feel free to do some adventure-mode segments all you like, although I tend to give zero shits about anything that exists outside of the fortress canon-wise (barring basic stuff like historical figures) so your findings obviously won't match up with what's been written (particularly re: the capital, I am 99% sure that none of the stuff it's been described with would ever actually occur in a pregenerated fort).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2015, 07:21:47 am »

Dunno if Ill be able to take that second turn or not, just got a full time job. But don't write me off yet.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 140