Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 397042 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2015, 04:50:27 pm »

If its alright with you guys, I'm taking the day to work on some commission stuff (I gotta get game money somehow,) and just piddle with the fort. Might get something done, might not.

Today's just been pretty depressing and even dorfs can't fix that. Will return to the fort in earnest tomorrow.

Ooh, you get commissions? I'm jealous!

You can totally take a day off if you need it. Hope you feel better. You can PM me if you need someone to rant at or something.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »

If its alright with you guys, I'm taking the day to work on some commission stuff (I gotta get game money somehow,) and just piddle with the fort. Might get something done, might not.

Today's just been pretty depressing and even dorfs can't fix that. Will return to the fort in earnest tomorrow.

Ooh, you get commissions? I'm jealous!

Yup. I apparently have at least one friend willing to chuck money into a barrel fire. Kinda wish it was of things I could readily share here, but it ehhh... Is not, and I'll leave it at that.

Ribbonfree

• Bay Watcher
  • we 【=◈︿◈=】 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2015, 06:03:37 pm »

Yup. I apparently have at least one friend willing to chuck money into a barrel fire. Kinda wish it was of things I could readily share here, but it ehhh... Is not, and I'll leave it at that.

Oh my.

Well for the sake of family friendliness make sure Splint never gets assigned to stone detailing in the future folks.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2015, 06:35:15 pm »

Excerpt from the diary of "mikethete" Atheldallith
11 Granite 202 
Stabbed a damn toad good I did, bastard tried to take a chunk out of our Bookkeeper before I gave it the pointy end of the ol copper spear right in the head.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2015, 06:39:06 pm »

1 Granite 202

Oh, happy day! Splint got my sticky note! All of them, actually! I felt a bit bad about asking him to do this for me, but now the fortress is in much better hands, and nobody will have to get mad at me! Now I can sit here and talk to Rak allll I want!

UPDATE: Oh no o no I SPOKE TOO SOON! Everybody's chasing me around now asking where R is and scReaminNG at me about EVERYTHING I MESSED UP!! It LOoks like Lizzy's trying to taLk them down but theY'RE SO ANGRY AT ME! THEY'LL THRoW ME OUT OF THE FOrtRESS, I KNOW IT! I'm going to go hide down in the mining shafts but I know they'll find me in there and they're going to hurt me!

3 Granite 202

It looks like the oTHERs had calmed down for a bit, so I went up to the craftsdwarf's shop and tried maKING some pots! Pots make me HAppy! ExcEPT that not a moment after SPLInt barged in and started YELLING AT ME to go down to the mines and get some HEMAtite! I like HEMaTITE and SPLINT LIKES HEMATITE! Hematite makes me HAPpy, too! hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite hematite [this continues for several pages] See? I ALREADY FEEL BETTER!

11 Granite 202

EveryTHING was fine today. I found a big cavern full of water and Noel ~    EVERything was fIne. Splint kept yelling about dill-does (WHAT are those!? DO THEY HURT!? IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY HURT) so I went upstairs for a hint of cherry tea! WE DON't have any cherries or TEA LEaves thoUGH so I JUST MASHED UP A BUNCH OF CAVE MOSS FROM THE CAVERN IN A MORTAR and mixed it with water and drank it! IT MADE ME TINGLY!

15 Granite 202

I tried to get back to making my pots but SPLInt asked me to stop making my pots so I COULD fix the hole I made in the cavern! SPLint has so many good ideas! I HAve to keep the cavern pretty for the T

Also, Splint seems to~    REALLY ENJOY MY FORTRESS LAYOUT!!! I'm SO HAPPY HE LIKES IT!!!

2 Slate 202

Oh! OH! DIARY! DIARYYYYYYYYYYY! I saw Rakust today! She was alive, just like I ALWAYS said she was! Actually, she's behind me saying mean things about my beard right now! She's still pretty upset with me about ~   . Still, I'm so happy that she was okay! I was really worried for a while there! I feel so much better now!

Splint seems to think that this means Rakust is dead for good, though, for some reason! I'm sure I must be misunderstanding him, but I'm starting to worry about him! Maybe he's cracked from the pressure of being Overseer??? Oh, I'd feel so terrible if that happened! Not everyone is as tough as I am!! I wanted to help, so I've started putting sticky-notes everywhere saying things like "AMBITION: Aspire to climb as high as you can dream!" to keep everyone's morale up! I even drew little pictures on them!

12 Slate 202

Someone keeps taking down all of my motivational sticky-notes! Aggh! This is bad! That's okay, though -- I have hundreds of them! Still, I hope Splint can catch the culprit soon!

I keep asking Rakust if she wants to help me make them, since she seems to be following me around a lot -- even to the bathroom, how embarrassing! -- but she's not interested. Oh well!

3 Granite 202

Splint came up to me today while I was talking to Rakust and told me to go mine some more hematite! He said it'd probably take my mind off of the "ghost situation". I went and did it, since he seemed really concerned, but I really am starting to worry about him! We don't even have any ghosts! Rakust hasn't seen any either!

16 Granite 202

Ah! Oh, diary! Those dirty hippies dropped in for a visit today! I didn't talk to them, in case they tried to put a glamour on me, but they smelled so TERRIBLE! They smelled... a bit like Jeff, actually. They were pretty rude, but still, they behaved themselves... wouldn't take their eyes off Rakust the whole time, though. Super rude! They probably left some of their spies skulking around, but Splint can deal with them, right? He's so strong!

24 Granite 202

This is terrible! A whole bunch of those filthy skulkers came in today, for some reason, and now Iton's DEAD! DEAD!!! And... and Splint seems to think it's my fault for letting the thieves get at those iron boots last season! Says that was "encouraging" them or something! Rakust's super mad at me, too! Oh, my tummy's starting to hurt again... I wish we had a decent medicine cabinet!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2015, 02:46:33 am »

lel, i drew Jeff!
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2015, 02:59:39 pm »

Not to impugn your artistic abilities, but was that drawn in MS Paint???
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2015, 03:14:49 pm »

No. Why?
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

No. Why?
...Oh. Photoshop?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:21:08 pm by Taupe »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2015, 03:18:34 pm »

The adventure continues. Got a possession, traded with the elves, built something resembling a hospital, and built the first part of a graveyard.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2015, 03:20:36 pm »

Sorry, I just really wanted to draw him.

This is a rendition of a well-made engraving of Jeff The Farmer.

ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2015, 03:21:59 pm »

Wow that's actually really neat!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2015, 03:26:51 pm »

Great work, there.
@Splint:
Aw, POSSESSION.  Bluh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2015, 03:29:29 pm »

...Oh. Photoshop?
This is clearly bullying and you'd better cut it out or I'm reporting each and every one of you.

Sorry, I just really wanted to draw him.

This is a rendition of a well-made engraving of Jeff The Farmer.

Not bad, but your line-work is a little rough around the edges. Also the anatomy needs some work.
—Francisco Franco

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »

Not bad, but your line-work is a little rough around the edges. Also the anatomy needs some work.

Thank ya! I wasn' t really going for anatomy here, at first I tried to make it look a cartoonish bobblehead. About rough lines - that's because your character is extra edgy this pun is so disgusting.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:44:04 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 140