Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11497 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 3:The Night's Pack
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2015, 08:42:22 pm »

Ox hunts around for a crowbar or a baseball bat. Failing that, he grabs two knives 9largest he can find) from the kitchen.
"They were headed down the street this way. they didn't look like they saw us though, but they'll pass by for sure. And they were looking in holes for animals. And Carl hid under the bed. Which reminds me..." Ox pauses his search, scoops up Annis gently, wraps her in a blanket if any are around, and deposits her in the bathtub in the bathroom. "Stay here and stay quiet, no matter what happens. Carl, you come in here too! I'm sorry I haven't learned your name, miss. It was nice meeting you though. keep Carl safe for me." Ox then leaves the bathroom, closes the door, and carefully moves something heavy (but not too heavy to lift and carry, like a bookshelf or the mattress off the bed) against the bathroom door.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2015, 08:50:14 pm »

((Really hope you are talking about ratcarl, and not Gar..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2015, 08:58:02 pm »

((I am, and I say it in a loud whisper aimed at the bedroom too. If you want to take the time to try to correct Ox's misunderstanding ...))

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »

Group Action:
         Arming yourselves with assorted cutlery, the edge of which is rusted and dull from years of dampness in the rotting wood drawer you gather in the living-room and stare nervously at the front door.  Annis and ratCarl are hurriedly locked into the more secure bathroom with the couch pushed up against the door.  The sound of the pack gets closer and closer, you can hear them scrounging through rubble and fighting among themselves over what they find.  Finally you hear them pass just outside of the door, and when you think they will move past without incident you can hear something sniffing deeply at the bottom of the door crack.  A guttural cracked voice speaks from outside and it's all you can do to avoid screaming (collective -20 mental stability)  "Oi, smell humans I does...."
   Another one farther away responds "Naw way ye git, we ate em all years ago.  *sounds of something licking it's lips exaggeratedly* I still remember the taste of that little babe we found, makes me chaps water even now."
   "I knaw what I smells, it's fresh too... and smells like fear... and rots it does.  Maybe that little metal town in the wastes gotz bold again?"
   "Iffin it is those junkers dey puts up too much fight, ain't worth the trouble.  We'll let boss know next morn when we returnz to the nest and 'ell decide."
   "Eh finez, smells like one o em'z already dead and decomposing anywayz... it'll be even riper and tastier tomorrows."
   Collectively you shake but manage to keep quite as the pack moves farther down the street, no one dares move or talk until you can no longer hear the roving mass of... whatever twisted abominations those were.

status update:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 3:They Speak?!
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2015, 01:05:27 pm »

"I think they're gone."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:49 pm »

I think we should also get gone...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »

"Did anyone else hear them mention a town of humans?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2015, 03:52:00 pm »

"I think I heard that, yes."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2015, 05:20:37 pm »

"There might be more of them. And which way is the wastes? I wish I had a baseball bat or something." Ox sniffs himself for a moment. "I don't smell THAT bad, do I?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2015, 05:21:45 pm »

Nicholas sniffs Ox. Thoroughly.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2015, 05:25:24 pm »

Nicholas sniffs Ox. Thoroughly.
Crawling all over Ox whilst sniffing heavily you determine that he has a very high testosterone level for a human male, that he is moderately sweaty, the cyrotube he was in left a lingering smell and somehow you imagine a freshly cut hay field.  Overall fairly manly but not unpleasant.
Nom nom nom

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2015, 06:27:44 pm »

Just like the old days.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »

Well I say we grab everything we can and move out in the morning.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2015, 07:22:55 pm »

"To where, exactly? Because there's a place I'd like to go."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2015, 08:02:02 pm »

Is that place a castle? Because if it is, we're gonna have a heck of a time trying to find one.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15