Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11480 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 4:Tentative sunrise
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2015, 11:53:12 am »

((I should have a set of mage robes, sandals of some sort, a charcoal colored staff, and a longsword.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2015, 01:20:52 pm »

((It was a fine update. And not just because I have a sapient immortal xactoknife weilding six-limbed, dog-sized rat companion, a baseball bat, a sweatshirt, tank top, sweatpants, crosstrainers, socks, ball cap, water bottle (empty), hiking backpack, and kinetic battery flashlight (that okay? I figure the backpack might be a stretch, and feel free to veto anythng.) Also bcause it's just a really interesting world and a good little group. Kudos to the Gm and to the players!))

On the way, after finding the sporting goods store, Ox approaches the others with an armful of gear.
"hey guys! take one of these water bottles each! And one of these ball caps. Keep the sun out of your eyes! This is the best! oh, and look, miss!" Here, he pulls a bright orange, very fuzzy, cartoonish plush toy with a big snout, floppy ears, wide eyes, a tank top and sport shorts. "It's Guzzy! I don't know if you were a fan of Basketball, but Guzzy was the Dreighton Dastards' mascot. He's so squishy!" Ox gives Guzzy a hug, and hands it to Annis. Ox looks excitedly at the group, stroking ratCarl to let him know he hasn't been replaced by a stuffed animal in Ox' heart.

Once at the lab, Ox is careful not to disturb anything in the very sciency mess. He doesn't want to upset the professor by disturbing his unusual order. But he does look around, somewhat approving of the safety, but still out of his comfort zone. Ox should be out in the air, or in front of an audience. All this cramped hiding is stressful.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:38 pm »

Spoiler: Gar's Gear (click to show/hide)
"Thanks Ox. These are gonna be useful. Ah, Carl? You want a less rusted blade for that?"

With that, Gar gets out a small box that contains a trio of xactoknife handles and various blades. A cheap set, with most of the blades rusted to various degree, but the various shapes should be useful. Plus, when Gar got it it only cost a dollar.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2015, 11:32:39 pm »

I take some aviator sunglasses from the store (Thanks Ox).

I examine the lab and make an inventory of everything even moderately useful.

Well I'm not shocked. I knew this was a good possibility, but for now at least its safe here. The place is very trashed, but there is a first aid kit and some sharp surgery tools that may make good weapons. Maybe I can find something else of use among the debris.

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2015, 12:11:16 am »

Spoiler: items (click to show/hide)

"Oh this is a very nice crossbow."She shows the others the crossbow. ((Is it very large for a 10 year old girl?))  "Does any one want my hunting knife and sheath? I don't need it."
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2015, 06:41:55 am »

"If no one else wants to hang on to it, I'll take it. Never know when a kife could come in handy. Right, ratCarl?"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2015, 08:59:03 am »

I take some aviator sunglasses from the store (Thanks Ox).

I examine the lab and make an inventory of everything even moderately useful.

Well I'm not shocked. I knew this was a good possibility, but for now at least its safe here. The place is very trashed, but there is a first aid kit and some sharp surgery tools that may make good weapons. Maybe I can find something else of use among the debris.
    The lab contains a surgery kit, first aid kit and some surgery tables.  Nothing else could be salvaged suitably.

After the long walk, everyone drinks and eats their daily meals as they double check their belongings and discuss the next step of action.  Overhead the pot-lights of the hide-out bunker flicker menacingly, before dimming to emergency power.  It seems that the cities power just died, and the backup batteries kicked in though from memory they last a mere 24 hours.  After such a point you would be left in total darkness in this underground shelter.

5-days of food and water left, 7 hours of sunlight.

((GM gains a point in necromancy skill he hopes.))
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2015, 09:02:16 am »

Well it looks like this isn't our safehaven, we have 24 hours before the lights go out and we have to find somewhere new.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2015, 10:21:11 am »

"Maybe we could get some lanterns?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2015, 11:46:48 am »

"If only I had my magic-magelights are one of the easiest applications of aether..."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2015, 02:45:35 pm »

"Even if we do get lanterns, we still are gonna need to deal with those things. I still think we should head for that town they mentioned."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2015, 01:42:11 am »

"It's a long walk. Days." Ox pounds a fist into an open hand.
"I shoulda got us some campin' gear. Tents, lanterns, sleeping bags."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2015, 05:37:23 am »

Ask the Noj about this place we're thinking about going to

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2015, 09:40:55 am »

Ask the Noj about this place we're thinking about going to
    From a bird that it had previously consumed, it shows you an aerial view of the town.  You see a large circular mass of bricks and metal piled up around what appears to be a small lake.  Along the edges of the lake are a large number of small huts built partially into the walls, people swim in the water, fish and mill about along the edges.  You can see what appears to be a large tank like vehicle rolling into the town with bundles of various goods tied to the outer parts of it's hull.  The people of the town swarm to it and quickly carry off all the packages which largely consist of various mechanical contraptions, bundles of vegetables and cleaned carcasses of animals.  As you circle closer at the sight of food, a loud bang rings out and pain wracks your body.  The sound of wind rips past your head as you fall, the stabbing metal through your chest preventing your flight.  Everything is terror and pain as the ground races up to meet you.  The birds body dies of fear before it hits the ground and you snap to in a cold sweat.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2015, 09:56:33 am »

"Camping gear... good idea."

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15