Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lazy-ass Miner  (Read 840 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Lazy-ass Miner
« on: July 10, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »

In this very moment there are two miners on my fortress. One of them is digging the workzone and the other is...in the meeting area, scratching his balls. It reads no job and i thought: "Hey! Maybe i forgot to bring a pickaxe!", but nope, he has a pickaxe, he is assigned to mining, he dug a moat and a farm just some moments ago and now he just stopped working. I'm seriously about to throw the fucker down the filling moat and watch him drow just for my amusement.

EDIT: And no, there aren't any burrows.

Here is his personality and all that crap, if this is relevant
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:39:40 pm by Magnumcannon »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy-ass Miner
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 06:34:17 pm »

No self control, maybe :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:08:11 pm »

Yeah, that one line in bright cyan speaks of an "01" in some trait, and possibly an important one.

Methadone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 02:25:53 pm »

might the uniform bug for miners have anything to do with it, if he's in a squad? Or a pathing issue - are all your stairs correct (up/down) or did your working miner perhaps dig himself into an inaccessible area? Just thoughts, but I've never seen personality cause a long time "no job" issue, it's always been something else.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 02:30:04 pm »

might the uniform bug for miners have anything to do with it, if he's in a squad? Or a pathing issue - are all your stairs correct (up/down) or did your working miner perhaps dig himself into an inaccessible area? Just thoughts, but I've never seen personality cause a long time "no job" issue, it's always been something else.
I have no squad, he's in the meeting area, which is accessible to all dwarves, he has acess to the mining area, but it's ok, he's dead now :P

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 04:43:21 pm »

Phew.
One wheel short of a wagon