Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pawns Reboot OOC  (Read 3315 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Pawns Reboot OOC
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 07:46:22 pm »

Looks like my rolls sucked...

:'( I'm so sorry.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 09:29:31 pm »

Shadow and Murder, together at last!  Also called "A Knife in the Dark".  (Paperback editions only.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 10:08:32 pm »

In future could you post the rolls so we can get a better understanding of what went right or wrong? I know I'm being a bit demanding this game but it really would help us understand what we did right and wrong and allow us to try and improve our plans
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 10:17:38 pm »

Sure I can do that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 10:34:46 pm »

Over the next few days people murmured prayers to Athux for insight into the future.

On one hand, things turned out rather well. On the other hand, I now have to figure out how on earth it would be possible to use the "change" sphere to predict the future.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 10:47:42 pm »

*Appears as a magic "magic" 8 ball* oh that ones easy, just show them what the far future might be (and by far future I mean cars)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:29 pm »

Over the next few days people murmured prayers to Athux for insight into the future.

On one hand, things turned out rather well. On the other hand, I now have to figure out how on earth it would be possible to use the "change" sphere to predict the future.

You just kinda told him he'd be important and that things were about to start happening. I needed something for him to monologue about. It counts. Idk.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 11:18:40 pm »

That's easy. Really really easy. You don't give them magic to see the future, you give them magic to change the future in a direction they desire and show them the most likely results.

Or you just teach them a spell that shows them the most likely (perhaps short term) results for a change that they can do. (IE, "What would happen if I changed my boss's state from alive to dead and with boots that need filling? Would I get promoted?! Or would I undergo a state change too?")
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 07:23:19 am »

That's easy. Really really easy. You don't give them magic to see the future, you give them magic to change the future in a direction they desire and show them the most likely results.

Or you just teach them a spell that shows them the most likely (perhaps short term) results for a change that they can do. (IE, "What would happen if I changed my boss's state from alive to dead and with boots that need filling? Would I get promoted?! Or would I undergo a state change too?")

I considered using something similar to the first idea, but in the end figured that messing with fate would be either horrendously expensive power-wise, or would just be a bad idea in a game where "the influence of fate" is actually listed as a factor.

The second idea is definiteley something I could use. The only issue I see with it is that I showed Nishaan what could be interpreted as a grand vision of the god's arrival. Seeing the possible results of your boss' murder would definiteley be practical, but also kind of underwhelming after what Nishaan promised. Taking results out of the picture and making the predictions be on a world-wide scale might get something along the lines of what I need.

Would showing visions of possible, long-term changes to the world at large work?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 10:55:01 am »

I considered using something similar to the first idea, but in the end figured that messing with fate would be either horrendously expensive power-wise, or would just be a bad idea in a game where "the influence of fate" is actually listed as a factor.

The second idea is definiteley something I could use. The only issue I see with it is that I showed Nishaan what could be interpreted as a grand vision of the god's arrival. Seeing the possible results of your boss' murder would definiteley be practical, but also kind of underwhelming after what Nishaan promised. Taking results out of the picture and making the predictions be on a world-wide scale might get something along the lines of what I need.

Would showing visions of possible, long-term changes to the world at large work?

That could work yes. I had simply thought you'd tell Nishaan before changes and then he would tell the people. That way, when the changes occurred, the knew they were coming and Nishaan looked like he could tell the future. It wasn't an actual "I can predict the future" but its a "I have been told my god will take ___ action soon."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 11:36:27 am »

GM, please post updated pawns\potentials list
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 11:40:21 am »

GM, please post updated pawns\potentials list

Knew I was forgetting something. Incoming.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 12:06:08 pm »

You forgot to make them one year older :)

BTW when pawn goes to the next age category their upkeep cost increase, right?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »

You forgot to make them one year older :)

BTW when pawn goes to the next age category their upkeep cost increase, right?

Correct. I'm not sure if each turn is a year, it certainly didn't seem like that during Iituen's version. I'll have to look into that. If it is a year, then I shall make them older.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 04:36:48 pm »

I have some ideas as to my next action, but would like to ask a few questions before I finalize everything.

How many people are there in each tribe?

As a boon, how much power would it cost to change a pile of stones into

-steel?
-very well-made tools?
-gold?
-gems?
-several animals of moderate size?
-a large tree, which is particularly beautiful and of an unknown species. It is filled with delicious blue fruit, which, when first bitten into, whispers "praise be to Athrux" in the consumer's ear.

Would any of those things be considered particularly valuable or worthless?

If Nishaan said the transformation would occur a day beforehand, and the change occurred in full view of the tribe, would it serve as both evidence for Nishaan's monologue and proof of Athrux's existence?

Do I get a discount on the above boon because it involves changing one thing into another?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4