Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Pawns Reboot OOC  (Read 3306 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Pawns Reboot OOC
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:49:00 am »

This is the OOC thread for the new Pawns game.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns Reboot OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:17:36 am »

Yay now we gods can talk.
*Attempts to avoid the god of fire*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:39:09 am »

So I've taken a look at the list of agendas, and most of us can form a stable pantheon as our goals don't directly come into conflict with one another.

Faramin/Ukranian Ranger: Creative use of fire
Fecundus/NQT: Proliferation of new species
Athrux/Whisperling: Keeping things in constant change to move towards perfection.
Vashna/Hiddenleafguy: Spreading knowledge
Aperius/Sla4cker: Preventing the collapse of creation
Shanita/Wipepout: Spread beauty in the world.
Anath/Happery: Preventing light pollution
Jack/Ituem: Spreading violence, murder and death
Corvric/Deny: Bring about eternal night where the strong hunt the weak

Corvric's goal runs counter to Fecundus (plants need the sun) and probably Faramin and Shanita. Jack probably conflicts with Shanita (and in practice maybe others depending on who he tries to get killed). Depending on his view of perfection, Athrux may be in conflict with almost anyone else. If Aperius takes Creation to include the sun, then he probably doesn't want Corvric winning out. Anath is only going to struggle with gods that encourage outdoor lighting/cities etc.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 09:42:03 am »

Well I guess I am gonna have to deal with Anath.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 10:43:07 am »

I do hope for friendly relations with Shanita because we have pawns in the same tribe.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 10:50:13 am »

Yeah, and i can't wait for the next turn!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52:44 am »

I am curios who will Corvic choose for his pawn. Most good ones are already taken. If he will go for Byril he can create a very funny situation
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »

Hmm, can't say I'm particularly happy with the Pawn choices, not to be whiny (though I probably will still come off as whiny) and I get that I was late but there seems to be an overwhelmingly small number of actually useful potentials. Still I'm here to play not complain, so I'll make do with what I have.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:18:07 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:29:05 pm »

Jix tribe is lucky :) Gods don't mess with it. Yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 01:23:38 pm »

Hmm, can't say I'm particularly happy with the Pawn choices, not to be whiny (though I probably will still come off as whiny) and I get that I was late but there seems to be an overwhelmingly small number of actually useful potentials. Still I'm here to play not complain, so I'll make do with what I have.

The random dice roller was not kind to this batch of individuals. More will arise.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 07:16:24 pm »

Oh why the heck I try to choose someone who hasn't been chosen yet and then I immediately mess up again and double pawn with someone else bleh.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »

I thought it was pretty funny. On the bright-side, it looks like there's a lot of compatibility between the two of you. Joint cult synergy!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that wasn't your intention, but the dice were nice to you, so it all worked out.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 07:26:10 pm »

Looks like my rolls sucked...

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 07:37:53 pm »

Fairly good rolls for me, also how long do we have left till the star disappears again?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4