Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Monster Breeder! (SG)  (Read 12452 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Breeder! (SG)
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2015, 05:28:09 am »

He did plant a sapling, but is that enough?
Probably, but what if he's a connoisseur of saplings? Would you deny him that?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2015, 06:40:38 am »

Time to get revenge on Ned. After you use Oblivious to safe Plump-head from the trap. You test out your Monster Cleaning Crew ("Where Monsters Clean For You") on Ned's room when he leaves with his monsters to battle. You also use Oblivious to clean his house of any and all useful items. The time is past trying not to provoke your rival. He has declared war on you and must pay the price. Mwa Ha Ha Ha. Mwa Ha Ha Ha. Also once your monsters leave litter Ned's room with lots of sandwiches stolen from other storylines.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2015, 07:33:50 am »

Have PHM use its newly acquired balance skills to swing itself on the rope enough to swing up onto wherever the rope is tied, then untie it! Then of course thank Ned for the nice new high level training technique.
Then, the slime, I think what we need to do is train it now before its slime becomes too acidic and it gets dangerous to be around. Not really sure how exactly. Maybe some kind of target recognition thing. Set up some things that look like things the slime should be fighting, and some things that it shouldn't be fighting, and put something that slimes like eating into the things it should be fighting. If its somewhat dog-like in its thinking, then eventually it'll just go after monsters, even without the food.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:21 am »

When has any slime I'm any game ever hardened? That is not a typical skill slimes have. I think we're trying to train him wrong. He's a controller, he can probably make tendrils or shoot slime or other AOEs. PHM is the defender, it's more likely that he can harden than slime. I say we change slime's training to a series of shiny obstacles and put some delishous looking (this is all relative here) garbage at the end. We will see how slime deals with the obstacles and learn what he can do.

Alternatively, we could put "food" after each, which is probably a better idea anyways. To make sure slime doesn't just eat the obstacles, we could cover parts of them in shiny tin foil.

Obstacles:
Tight spaces: make a small passage between two objects (or use te crack beneath a door) and see how slime gets to the end.

Up and over: Cover the top if a wide obstacle in shiny tin foil, see how he gets the food on the other side.

Hanging trehat: tie an old boot or other rash treat out of slimes reach (use our new rope) and see how slime gets te food.

Keep away: wrap PHM in tin foil and give him some tasty food. His job is to keep it away from slime. See who wins. (The answer is us because they both get training)

Mine field (do this last since you can't reuse this tinfoil): place slime in a minefield of tin foil balls and scraps. See how he escapes.

All of these games should train slime in some way since he has to use problem solving in each one. And if he doesn't do any of them, then he is sadly just a disposal monster, which would be quite sad and really weird.

It's not time to attack Ned yet. Don't worry, it will come, but we have better things to do.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2015, 10:25:20 am »

+1 to SpiderKing, but still eat door.
One wheel short of a wagon

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2015, 02:52:58 pm »

I guess I don't mind a little door eating. I just don't want to anger Ned and his Gabbo before our monsters can fight back. If it comes to that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2015, 03:13:36 pm »

If Ned asks about the door claim that Gobbo probably did it.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »

I think we should try feeding the lime exclusively metal from now on. This is bound to do something.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »

He doesn't eat shiny things. We could probably feed him rusty iron, but I think that's really it unfortunately.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2015, 03:25:56 pm »

Silver with a patina, hemetite, anything rusty, pig iron, there is quite a lot we can feed him that isn't shiny as a matter of fact.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2015, 03:58:42 pm »

I'm not opposed to turning him into a dragon quest style metal slime, but if we are planning on milking him for slime juice, that may have some weird effects. Might make it worth more, might ruin it, but either way, I don't think we have the cash for a lot of scrap metal right now.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2015, 04:35:21 pm »

Maybe we should try to evolve the Oblivious. It might gain some intelligence

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2015, 05:18:18 pm »

I'm interested to see if we can get any sort of reaction out of him through the various training things I mentioned before. He's gotta do something and those should tell us what it is. Once we figure out what he can do, we can focus on improving it and making him a real fighter. And if he can't do anything, then I guess we milk him and evolve him into something else.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »

Why havent we killed ned already? He dare touch poor plump helmet man with filthy gobbo, i vote for eating his everything with slime. I dont even know if we have a family, do we?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2015, 06:23:44 pm »

Why havent we killed ned already? He dare touch poor plump helmet man with filthy gobbo, i vote for eating his everything with slime. I dont even know if we have a family, do we?
+1
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10