Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Breeder! (SG)  (Read 12454 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Monster Breeder! (SG)
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2015, 03:37:27 pm »

Unless we are starting the Dirty Monsters Clean Up Crew (♩Where monsters do the cleaning for you!♩).
Can PMH sing?

Training at dawn is good for the mind and soul, its done in like every movie ever.

Which reminds me, can we get our monsters to fight on an unstable sheet of ice on water somewhere nearby? I think that would help :D

- 1 about the ice thing. I don't want PHM going anywhere near freezing lakes until he can walk properly.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2015, 04:01:17 am »

PTW

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2015, 05:40:56 am »

Update for this will be tomorrow, sorry.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2015, 04:21:04 pm »

*prays to the Cheesecake god for an update*
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2015, 06:43:39 pm »

Tuesday: Noon | Week 2

In Dungeon Junction you find a bunch of stores selling specialized equipment, but none of it is of any use to you right now, except for a shop that specializes in slimes. It's perfect! They've got a new Slime Extractor 5000! Hydraulic suction, turbo-boosted slime-grimers, neon tubing and built-in slime cleaning! All for...500 coins. Aw.

The shopkeeper must have noticed your disappointment, because he calls after you and hauls a rusty, dusty machine from the backroom. "Meet ol' Betty, the Slime Pumper 2.0! Back in my day, this used to make you the coolest youngster on the block!"

It's old, rusty, it has a weird odor, but it works and its only 50 coins. You decide to call it quits and get back to Reely Nottyville's Tower. You get home quickly, eager to read your books and show Ned who's boss. He'll never have a clean-up crew quite like yours! Bursting in to your monster room, you tell plump-helmet man to lay out the feed.

While your monsters eat, you leave your door slightly ajar and begin reading, going "Aha!" and "Hmm!" often and loudly scribble notes. It works eventually as you see Ned looking through the opening in the doorway. You give a big "I got it!" and Ned dashes back upstairs. YOu hear a slight increase in the volume of his monsters training.

What you learned from your two books:
  • Plump-helmet men are strong, tough and tireless, but slow, clumsy and directionless as well.
  • While plump-helmet men like wood, they also like eating fungi, especially plump-helmets!
  • Plump-helmet men make good frontline defenders. Make sure the enemy targets them!
  • The nest plump-helmet men sleep in will eventually grow plump-helmets for selling or for feeding.
  • Slimes are omnivorous in the truest sense of the word.
  • They are almost blind, but are deterred by bright light.
  • This is why they go after rubbish instead of shiny things.
  • In their baby years, Slimes are weak and don't follow orders. When they grow, they become very good controllers in the field.
  • As they grow older, their slime becomes more and more toxic, ill-fit for selling but great for combat.

Spoiler: Farm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plump-helmet Man (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Schedule (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:29 pm »

Then the plan is obvious. PHM needs a transition lens visor. Preferably set into a dark colored face mask, and he shall be slowly trained to overcome his natural weakness until he is a literal ninja.

Slime will be eternally milked, and fed accordingly, and since they become good "controllers" he will be set into a more mobile and combat worthy milker for defense after we get the money or resources for such a thing, even in age, so that PHM can coat his ninja weapons in the toxic chemicals.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2015, 12:48:24 am »

So for milking slimes, we basically milk them for as long as possible while they stay in the baby stage?
Makes sense.
Question, do we have negative 50 coins or 50 coins? In any case, TRAINING TIME!
Intense again, please, start off with PHM, as is the need to round out his stats, it is time to try balance exercise again, with Mr. Slime here, we continue with the hardening training but this time take something highly reflective, like a mirror shard.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2015, 01:03:36 am »

Whoa, a mirror shard? How about something less dangerous like a lamp or a shiny silver plater. No need to use a mirror shiv on the poor baby. Plus we should also milk him during the work phase.

As for PHM, perhaps we should try a tilting platform. It's a platform that tilts somewhat to both sides, but not so much that he falls off (think short seesaw). He can gain balance safely by alternating between tilting it back and forth (or side to side dependin on which way he is facing) and trying to keep it from tilting. It's a thing used all the time in balance training and it's really easy. Easy and effective, it should help him get a better sense of his center of gravity and make him fall over less.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2015, 01:11:58 am »

Whoa, a mirror shard? How about something less dangerous like a lamp or a shiny silver plater. No need to use a mirror shiv on the poor baby. Plus we should also milk him during the work phase.

As for PHM, perhaps we should try a tilting platform. It's a platform that tilts somewhat to both sides, but not so much that he falls off (think short seesaw). He can gain balance safely by alternating between tilting it back and forth (or side to side dependin on which way he is facing) and trying to keep it from tilting. It's a thing used all the time in balance training and it's really easy. Easy and effective, it should help him get a better sense of his center of gravity and make him fall over less.
Wow, that's... A really good idea, Add these ideas to the training.
Alan help.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2015, 02:23:20 am »

Tuesday: Dusk | Week 2

Training time! Your plump-helmet man is going right back to balance training, much to his dismay. The little mushroom scampers off to get your building materials and help you build his seesaw. Half an hour and a stubbed thumb later and the training machine is complete! This time the training is much, much more successful. Whether its the seesaw or the plump-helmet man's determination, you're not sure, but the results are the same: he can stay on balance!

You begin training the slime next while the plump-helmet man does cartwheels. You get one of Morose's good silverware to lob at the slime. "Harden!" you yell. Nothing. You throw the spoon into the slime. It goes straight through and is spat right out. The slime looks annoyed.

You hear a loud thump, and turn to see the plump-helmet man dangling from his stumpy leg by a rope. You can hear nasty giggling and see a flash of green as the gobbo runs upstairs. The bookworm must have taught the gobbo how to make this trap...

"NED!"

Spoiler: Farm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plump-helmet Man (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Schedule (click to show/hide)

Question, do we have negative 50 coins or 50 coins?
50 coins, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:56:10 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2015, 02:26:08 am »

Use the rope as a jump rope for PHM, and cheer him on even harder so they get angry at the constructive use of their prank.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2015, 02:45:10 am »

Yeah, I'm going to be honest here, training the slime is really a lost cause, I say we buy that Slime pumper and switch Mr. Slimes schedule to Dawn: Playtime, Noon: Feeding, Dusk: Draining and Evening: Working.
Oh, also, Rush up to Ned's room, open the door (Or if locked, liberally apply Mr. slime to the door until it eats through) and challenge him to a monster battle in one weeks time, Gobbo against PHM.
Alan help.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2015, 04:16:42 am »

Just eat the door, in my opinion.

-1 to duel as PHM vs Gobbo is never going to end well, especially with the rubbish auxiliary we have compared to a bookworm trainer.
One wheel short of a wagon

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:54 am »

Okay, I have an idea of what we can do.
To congratulate PHM, let's try and upgrade his nest, start by making a small wooden bin for composting, and instruct PHM to put any random food scraps in the bin, and perhaps make a tiny garden bed for PHM to plant any nice trees for his eating pleasure.
Alan help.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2015, 05:25:41 am »

He did plant a sapling, but is that enough?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10