Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Breeder! (SG)  (Read 12439 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Monster Breeder! (SG)
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 10:11:34 pm »

Let's read up on slimes first. Slime seems like he would be able to do some pretty hefty disposal jobs, but PHM, as far as job doing goes, is about all he can be. He can sweep and tidy, but he's never gonna combat orientated. Hell, if we put a little effort into it, we could be a pretty sweet cleaning crew. PHM sweeps and mops and we feed the garbage to slime. Call it Dirty Monsters Cleaning Incorperated and make tons of money.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2015, 10:13:08 pm »

Let's read up on slimes first. Slime seems like he would be able to do some pretty hefty disposal jobs, but PHM, as far as job doing goes, is about all he can be. He can sweep and tidy, but he's never gonna combat orientated. Hell, if we put a little effort into it, we could be a pretty sweet cleaning crew. PHM sweeps and mops and we feed the garbage to slime. Call it Dirty Monsters Cleaning Incorperated and make tons of money.
+20
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2015, 10:16:10 pm »

It's not just about getting them to work well, we want them to be happy, Oblivious already is, but PHM is still sentient, and we want him to feel good about himself.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2015, 10:20:14 pm »

We need an income source, and we can make him happy and start making money. Nothing says confidence like being able to do a job and do it right. We just need to show PHM that he is an important member of this business team.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2015, 03:42:32 am »

((Once more I am amazed at people's ability to turn a Pokemon parody into Garbage-disposal Simulator 2015.))

Tuesday: Dawn

A brand new day with brand new possibilities. You open your curtains and let the chilly breeze sweep over you. January is a cold month, but not enough to make it snow in Startington. Reely Nottyville's Tower is situated right at the border to the north, making the area extra chilly. Morose seems to like the cold.

You rush downstairs, passing by Ned's monster room and overhearing his gobbo fighting and his bookworm reciting a martial arts manual, and burst into your monster room.

"Rise and shine!"

The plump-helmet man waves his stumpy arm and continues working. The slime is still in its nest, snoozing, with a pile of trash around it. Seems its been eating at night as well. Right before you kick it awake, you remember that you want to keep your remaining shoe. You instead throw a crumpled newspaper at the slime. The paper flies straight into him, halting and jiggling as it begins dissolving. That woke it up.

You open the toy box and tell your monsters to go to town with it. The plump-helmet man takes it literally, hoisting up the entire box in a swift motion (nearly five times his weight) and makes for the door. You stop him just in time. Making sure they're both playing, you begin your descent and journey into Startington.

The walk there is uneventful; many heroes start their adventure in Startington, and wild monsters are quite rare, aside from slimes and giant rats lurking in the tall grass. You arrive at Startington Square in less than an hour. Hero Alley, Champion Lane and Dungeon Junction are the three main places to buy things. And some kids mentioned the Back Street a lot, but you've never found it.

Hero Alley has shops selling gear for people and monsters; Champion Lane is where all the pro breeders get their feed, toys and common monster eggs; Dungeon Junction auctions utilities and facilities, as well as minions such as golems, to make monster raising a bit easier.

What you're looking for is some sort of library or bookstore. Ned must get his books from somewhere, you wonder. Neither of you bothered much with books for personal reading. Fifteen minutes of determined (okay, maybe you got distracted by all the cooler monsters around) searching and you've found the Starting Library.

Inside the modest building are around ten shelves of books, dimly lit by a lantern every other shelf. Most of the people here that you see are beginning adventurers or dungeon bosses, reading up on guides and walkthroughs. You find a few books on plump-helmet men (Fungi are Fun Guys!) and slimes (1001 Ways to Prepare Slime!). Okay, the book on slimes was a cookbook for slimes, but no one raises slimes the old fashioned way; they've got big factories with thousands of slimes. Still, the cookbook has pictures, diagrams and facts about slimes. 

You realize that your plump-helmet man and your slime would make a great clean-up crew. Not as cool as champion fighters, but its money nonetheless. It's getting late; you'd better check in on your monsters soon and get started on your books. You reckon you've got time to visit a place or two before you leave, though.

Spoiler: Farm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plump-helmet Man (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Schedule (click to show/hide)

((Sorry this one's a bit long.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2015, 03:46:16 am »

Firstly, I think the schedule should be changed to a nocturnal one, Since for the plump helmet man, "They're most active at night, and when they start working, they don't stop until daylight!" Seems like Having to adjust his activity schedule to a day cycle would stress the poor fellow out, while our other monster seems to have no preference for day or night.

Dawn: Playtime
Noon: Feeding
Dusk: Training.
Evening: Working

Instead of my schedule for Plump helmet, go with Shadestyle's plump helmet.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2015, 03:49:01 am »

You want me to combine the schedules?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2015, 03:51:59 am »

Yes, that would be nice.
carrot cakeu

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2015, 03:58:16 am »

Do it, then. I don't get how you want me to combine them. Unless you want me to make a whole new schedule, which is part of the fun for the players.
Dying of laughter?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2015, 03:59:16 am »

((Oh shush, we're in debt, we gotta be pragmatic before we get to the juicy bits.))
I say we check out Dungeon Junction for a bit, check out the facilities, see how much a slime extraction facility would cost, stuff like that.
Next, make a quick note that the PHM has impressive strength for its size, some sort of glacial bruiser, perhaps?
Anyway, Noon:Get back home and read through the books just at the right position where if you peeked through a crack in the door you would see us reading through the books and looking serious, occasionally nodding and pretending to write important things next to us, where the viewer wouldn't be able to see.
Edit:Oh, and I say we switch entirely to Shadestyles new schedule.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:01:17 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:33 am »

Disregard the schedule I set for the plump helmet, and use this one:

I thought that you could infer that, but whatever...
carrot cakeu

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2015, 04:05:09 am »

Disregard the schedule I set for the plump helmet, and use this one:

I thought that you could infer that, but whatever...
Well, you know how english is, 'combine', 'switch around'.
It's tough, man.
Alan help.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2015, 04:32:40 am »

+1 Rubbish business.

Not that it was my idea or anything. Or that I care about that sort of thing
One wheel short of a wagon

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2015, 12:27:29 pm »

I think we should train at dawn, play at noon, eat at dusk, and work in the evenings. Unless we are starting the Dirty Monsters Clean Up Crew (♩Where monsters do the cleaning for you!♩).

As for the schedule, we should do training, then play, then feed, then work.

Training at dawn is good for the mind and soul, its done in like every movie ever. Noon is the sleepy lazy part of the day, perfect for monsters to relax and play. Family dinner is important and has been shown to increase family communication and a sense of togetherness. That leaves work for the night, which is when many of us feel most productive.

Lets spend some time today reading the books to learn facts about our two monsters.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2015, 03:16:42 pm »

Unless we are starting the Dirty Monsters Clean Up Crew (♩Where monsters do the cleaning for you!♩).
Can PMH sing?

Training at dawn is good for the mind and soul, its done in like every movie ever.

Which reminds me, can we get our monsters to fight on an unstable sheet of ice on water somewhere nearby? I think that would help :D
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10