Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Breeder! (SG)  (Read 12434 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Breeder! (SG)
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2015, 06:29:29 am »

Guys, you seen our budget?

Next work session, get the slime hired to remove and destroy the rubbish for the castle/town/hamlet or wherever you are, for any price above 0 coins offered.

Especially if the rubbish has interesting substances in it.
One wheel short of a wagon

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2015, 07:59:32 am »

I dont think the slime is in the position to be hired out at the moment. . . .  For the mean time, I think, in the next dawn, we set up food for the slime to eat. . . .  In the trouth. . . And, before the PHM gets a chance to eat, we give him a 30 minute encouragement talk. . . . . Maybe even. . . .  A peptalk on and prase on his. . . Its tanasity.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 08:03:10 am »

As the current NHS shows us, there's a big difference between taking on a contract and being able to complete it  :)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

As the current NHS shows us, there's a big difference between taking on a contract and being able to complete it  :)
shots

Also
They rolled horribly. PHM got a 1, slime got a 2.
Jesus.
Okay, no, we can do this, lets... Leave Slime to his own devices for now, I'm pretty sure it won't care much, and talk to PHM, find out what he likes, and give him a pep talk, just because he failed today doesn't mean he'll always fail, it just means he has a catalyst for learning.
Then stare at the Slime, perhaps try to talk to it, give it a crash course in what is and isn't food, if it'll understand the concept of something not being good to eat.

+1

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 10:52:05 am »

shots

Also
They rolled horribly. PHM got a 1, slime got a 2.
Jesus.
Okay, no, we can do this, lets... Leave Slime to his own devices for now, I'm pretty sure it won't care much, and talk to PHM, find out what he likes, and give him a pep talk, just because he failed today doesn't mean he'll always fail, it just means he has a catalyst for learning.
Then stare at the Slime, perhaps try to talk to it, give it a crash course in what is and isn't food, if it'll understand the concept of something not being good to eat.

+1
+1
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 10:54:43 am »

Make sure our pets don't see us, but find a treat for the bookworm on the other floor, a nice old novella or something, and give it to it when your nemesis isn't around, to gain its trust and turn it against its owner.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 12:58:38 pm »

Make sure our pets don't see us, but find a treat for the bookworm on the other floor, a nice old novella or something, and give it to it when your nemesis isn't around, to gain its trust and turn it against its owner.

-1. As much as I am on Team Ned, I don't think we should be treating the enemy to snacks.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 09:03:13 pm »

Monday: Evening

Leaving the oblivious slime for a moment, you go to console the plump-helmet man. It doesn't take much to get him back to his feet (or the stumps you assume are feet) and energetic again, though he does seem wary about training. Now that the sun has set, the plump-helmet man zooms off to begin work again, sweeping the floors and tending the nests.

You try to teach the slime once more what to eat and what to leave alone. Another thirty minutes of your life is wasted watching him eat your shoe. It truly is hypnotic, watching something slowly dissolve. Angry and shoeless, you send the slime off to clean up the room. Which he's surprisingly good at. He seems to stay away from solid, shiny or loud objects, and goes after junk like the stick and your shoe. And the plump-helmet man unfortunately.

It's quite comedic, albeit slightly cruel, to watch a clumsy sentient fungi waddle at fullspeed (5 mph) from a slimeball. You can hear the snorting laughter from Ned as he peeks through your door. You can't be bothered to deal with him; it's past your bedtime. You clamber off to your room, hoping that your two monsters remain two monsters.

Would you like to change tomorrow's schedule? Would you like to remain awake? This means you get an extra quarter: Midnight. New shops open in town during midnight. However, remaining awake during Midnight means you miss Dawn on the next day.

Spoiler: Farm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plump-helmet Man (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Schedule (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 09:06:20 pm »

I propose that our schedule is this:
Dawn: Slime will be feeding, Plump helmet will be working.
Noon: Slime will be working, Plump helmet will be feeding. Thus, we will have maximum workload while getting the feeding out of the way for today.
Dusk: Both will be training.
Evening: Both will be playing. So that their last mood before sleep will be happy and they can have sweet dreams~
Firstly, I think the schedule should be changed to a nocturnal one, Since for the plump helmet man, "They're most active at night, and when they start working, they don't stop until daylight!" Seems like Having to adjust his activity schedule to a day cycle would stress the poor fellow out, while our other monster seems to have no preference for day or night.

Dawn: Playtime
Noon: Feeding
Dusk: Training.
Evening: Working

Instead of my schedule for Plump helmet, go with Shadestyle's plump helmet.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 09:08:21 pm »

Put poison in the feeding though of Ned's monsters.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:18 pm »

I believe it is best not to anger our rival the second we just got our monsters.

That comes when we overtake him in Monster Breeder prowess and rub it in his face.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 09:12:28 pm »

Fine. We should implement a reward system for our slime. If it eats the right thing , we let it relax during work. If they mess up, work harder!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 09:13:50 pm »

Fine. We should implement a reward system for our slime. If it eats the right thing , we let it relax during work. If they mess up, work harder!
Yes. Do thissss....
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »

Also, Sit down with Plump helmet man and give him some encouragement, since he seems to be ashamed.

"This little shamble of a training session was my fault, I need to learn your capabilities more thoroughly before I can make you the very best, and with your help little guy, I am sure we can get you doing some wild stuff one day. High-five?"

Nevermind i'm dumb.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 09:56:20 pm »

Yeah, let's go to sleep, and at Dawn, while leaving the monsters to play, let's go to town, look around for something like a library (as well as make note of various interesting stores and such), and read up on Plump Helmet Men (and slimes, if we have the time).
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10