Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Start with necromancy?  (Read 1046 times)

perigrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Start with necromancy?
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:09:47 pm »

My brother wants to know if it would be possible to make a creature capable of starting adventure mode with necromantic knowledge. because he is lazy and doesnt want to hunt down a tower.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Start with necromancy?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:01 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think if you give the creature the tags [SUPERNATURAL] and [SPHERE:DEATH] it will start with any supernatural_learning_possible secrets with the death sphere. Which includes generated necromancy.

Might want to use advanced worldgen to limit the number of generated secrets to 1, otherwise he'll get dozens of duplicates of the same secret. Because that's all the generator does right now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:24:51 pm »

Or you could make interactions that allow necromancy, and attach it to that creature via CAN_DO_INTERACTION and the like
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 05:49:12 am »

You could also make a caste that can do it, and has 0 for pop ratio.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 07:26:06 am »

0 isn't a valid pop ratio. It'd have to be 1 and then you could just increase the standard male and female ratios to 99999 and you'd never see it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 12:24:14 pm »

0 isn't a valid pop ratio. It'd have to be 1 and then you could just increase the standard male and female ratios to 99999 and you'd never see it.
Quite certain it is as of df2014. I remember reading through the changelog, I think 0 is now valid.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 05:24:42 pm »

Quite certain it is as of df2014. I remember reading through the changelog, I think 0 is now valid.
Last I had heard it just acts as if there wasn't even a pop ratio, which I believe defaults to 100.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:34 pm »

The changelog most certainly never said anything about that.

perigrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 07:28:32 pm »

so, what caste code would exactly be needed for this?