Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48823 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - 3.0 Comes Soon
« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2016, 12:29:23 am »

It anyone hasn't checked out the 3.0 map AMA here's a brief recap;
 there will be 12 shards at launch, each from 1-3k blocks diameter,
 each map is custom painted and contains various features like caves, or whatever,
Each map has it's own biome, ores, mobs, difficulty and rules like citadel decay or disallowance of beds,
There will be several easy maps with forest/plains etc biome, wood, food, iron etc for cities to be made in,
Maps will be joined by portals so possibility of bottleneck there, but rules will discourage building near portals, citadel decay etc.
Realistic biomes and factory mod will be altered.
One biome is a massive deep ocean with huge caves.
I'm really leaning towards settling in a mineral rich difficult underground biome, I wonder if I coukd find people willing to try the dwarf thing again.

While I can in no way promise much time, I would love to be involved.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2016, 01:54:32 am »

I'm an unemployed technically-a-student-but-not-doing-study so I can basically devote 14 hours a day to whatevs
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2016, 02:59:38 am »

The problem with 3.0 is that maps are so small there's really no way of being isolated and left alone in any of the easy or rich shards. Any significantly large build either needs to be actively protected or be hidden in a neglected low value shard.
But while I don't like the way 3.0 essentially kills the civilization aspect in favor of an MMO style environment, it looks like it'll be more fun.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2016, 04:28:41 am »

Honestly, the part I found interesting was the civilization part, I don't need another MMO in my life, even four years after quitting.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2016, 04:30:54 am »

I don't really see how shrinking the map is going to make it more MMO-y? It'll still be Civcraft, just with less wasteland and AFKing on rails.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 23, 2016, 04:36:24 am »

The way each society will interact will change due to increased density and how the shards are essentially isolated themed biomes. As well as the new combat mechanics, kits, new mobs etc.
Hey guys I'm going to netherworld for a bit, does anyone else from city shard 3 want to tag along?
TLDR: World 3: marcAFK "LF Tank & healer 4 Nthr boss run.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2016, 04:38:45 am »

I don't really agree, but w/e.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 23, 2016, 03:42:51 pm »

It anyone hasn't checked out the 3.0 map AMA here's a brief recap;
 there will be 12 shards at launch, each from 1-3k blocks diameter,
 each map is custom painted and contains various features like caves, or whatever,
Each map has it's own biome, ores, mobs, difficulty and rules like citadel decay or disallowance of beds,
There will be several easy maps with forest/plains etc biome, wood, food, iron etc for cities to be made in,
Maps will be joined by portals so possibility of bottleneck there, but rules will discourage building near portals, citadel decay etc.
Realistic biomes and factory mod will be altered.
One biome is a massive deep ocean with huge caves.
I'm really leaning towards settling in a mineral rich difficult underground biome, I wonder if I coukd find people willing to try the dwarf thing again.

Yeah, you can pretty much count me out for the most part.  The main draw for me to Civcraft was that it was essentially vanilla minecraft with a couple neat additions.  The shards only being a single, handcrafted biome kinda kills the draw the server had for me.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »

Aight for a meeting we'll have to use the aftermath of the debate this afternoon/night at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST/3:00 AM BST/9:00 AM GMT+11
on the mumble server (mc.civcraft.vg). Anyone's welcome to come sit in.

Also Civcraft isn't an MMO, it's an organized anarchy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:47:52 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:27 pm »

So I kind of missed the Mumble debate seeing as it's 3 AM in Portugal, but I've started /r/Trumpolis. We should make Civcraft great again. Otherwise, you're a loser. And you know what happens to losers in Trumpolis? They get fired.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2016, 06:02:00 pm »

So I kind of missed the Mumble debate seeing as it's 3 AM in Portugal, but I've started /r/Trumpolis. We should make Civcraft great again. Otherwise, you're a loser. And you know what happens to losers in Trumpolis? They get fired.
Screw dwarven fortresses, I'm getting behind this.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2016, 11:52:40 pm »

I'll check this out when I have a chance.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:59 am »

Somebody better make a MC lifesized trump statue complete with overused oversized wig, or else.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:46:01 am by MarcAFK »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2016, 12:19:43 am »

Somebody better make a MC lifesized trump statue complete with of the overused wig, or else.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2016, 07:46:22 am »

That should say oversized :s
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31