Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48821 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - Apocalypse Now
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2016, 06:16:46 am »

I just strolled through sparkgear taking a few screenshots, the stash under my room finally got robbed.   
I knew it would happen, a big obsidian box at bedrock is bound to be run into eventually.
Next up, I'll take a last look at dumathoin. Maybe plant goldminers sword back? Lol.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2016, 07:17:20 am »

Unless that was a different obsidian box at bedrock, me and Jedi did that last summer.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2016, 09:36:03 am »

Unless that was a different obsidian box at bedrock, me and Jedi did that last summer.
Well it's been a few months since I went there, lol.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2016, 03:18:20 pm »

I'll be happy to jump back in for 3.0. I can listen to Russian/Portuguese podcasts during so that it won't be a total waste of time :P

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 17, 2016, 03:35:43 pm »

Speech for end of 2.0 in 10 minutes from edit.  Message an individual called Maxopoly for a teleport to the location.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:48:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 17, 2016, 04:32:58 pm »

Jesus fucking Christ how abysmal.
Adam Sandler.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - "Gib Mone pls" -TTK2
« Reply #381 on: January 17, 2016, 04:35:21 pm »

It'll either be spectacular, of fail miserably. I'm split about 60-40 respectively.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - "Gib Mone pls" -TTK2
« Reply #382 on: January 17, 2016, 04:39:01 pm »

A couple of the devs have a contingency if the server just stopped existing, unsure if they'd actually do it though.
EDIT:
Looks like this madness may actually get funded. Guess we're staying here.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:01:53 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - 3.0 Comes Soon
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2016, 06:22:04 am »

I'll probably chip in $15 or so once it's clear that it's actually happening.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2016, 11:26:04 pm »

Just had the first pre-3.0 meeting I guess, we destroyed the inde/pol/dent supporters. Anyhow we're going to have another meeting sometime to plan stuff so if anyone wants in please do join when we have it. I'll put up the date and time when we make one.
Especially you Zan, I'd really like you to come present your ideals for the starting infra

Also holy shit the house is no longer divided gentlemen. Vitam svad ad Imperivm!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:43:13 am by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:27 pm »

Especially you Zan, I'd really like you to come present your ideals for the starting infra

Built up a basic model for what the initial area could look like, based on the plan I posted earlier in the thread.  Each building is an 18x18, so probably should limit it to just 3 of them (public housing, government, public storage).

By the way, is there anything flowing water will be needed for?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2016, 06:47:29 pm »

Unsure yet actually
Adam Sandler.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:30 pm »

Flowing water would be used for harvesting farms or moving items around. No idea how you want to incorporate that into the design.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »

No idea how you want to incorporate that into the design.

Thought of trying for an aqueduct and have all water needs for the city sourced from it.  Probably want to save that for the new town we base ourselves out of, though.  Building the town around the aqueduct would be better than trying to snake one through the Citadel.

By the way, made a real in-depth plan for a citadel for the nation where we could process new players and serve as the capital of the new nation.  Designed it so it could serve as the initial base that would supply the creation of the cities of the rest of the nation as well.  I'll put up details once I rig up a rough design in Minecraft.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 22, 2016, 11:43:42 pm »

It anyone hasn't checked out the 3.0 map AMA here's a brief recap;
 there will be 12 shards at launch, each from 1-3k blocks diameter,
 each map is custom painted and contains various features like caves, or whatever,
Each map has it's own biome, ores, mobs, difficulty and rules like citadel decay or disallowance of beds,
There will be several easy maps with forest/plains etc biome, wood, food, iron etc for cities to be made in,
Maps will be joined by portals so possibility of bottleneck there, but rules will discourage building near portals, citadel decay etc.
Realistic biomes and factory mod will be altered.
One biome is a massive deep ocean with huge caves.
I'm really leaning towards settling in a mineral rich difficult underground biome, I wonder if I coukd find people willing to try the dwarf thing again.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31