Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48922 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - Tygurian Rebirth
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2015, 10:20:40 pm »

How about just a Titan with a palace on it?
Oh it's been done before, and it's gorgeous.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:28:07 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:06 pm »

The difficulty with building a replica of the Imperial Palace is that it would take up a reasonable portion of the server and several years. :V

Then we build it massive by the scale of the servers, rather than 1:1.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2015, 10:28:31 pm »

The difficulty with building a replica of the Imperial Palace is that it would take up a reasonable portion of the server and several years. :V

Well, how big is the Imperial Palace?  In meters.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 22, 2015, 10:30:55 pm »

The entire Himalayas and spreading out into Eurasia and the bed of the Atlantic.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:44 pm »

Too many meters, got it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2015, 10:32:08 pm »

Well, how big is the Imperial Palace?  In meters.
How big is North America? Asia.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:34:10 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2015, 12:28:29 am »

It's nice to see this active again; I'll probably stop by sometime. My Minecraft username is the same as my B12 username.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2015, 12:32:10 am »

How about just a Titan with a palace on it?
Oh it's been done before, and it's gorgeous.
Now THAT is a palace.
It's nice to see this active again; I'll probably stop by sometime. My Minecraft username is the same as my B12 username.
Honestly the thing making this iteration work is the addition of /tg/ as well as Bay12. Perhaps I should attempt to bring in other communities similar to ours such as Cartographers' Guild
Might be much though.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:53:48 am by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2015, 03:34:01 am »

Baffler and myself began construction of a ghetto for newfriends, in what used to be the forest beyond the Blood Gate. Anybody who wants to make a wooden shitshack can do so over there.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2015, 01:00:03 pm »

Built up a small Bank of Tygura.  Current thought is to have it use our current, small vault to store items for people (mainly new players).  Transactions would be recorded in a book and quill.  If plots of land start being rented, accounts could gain interest and loans could be provided to new players.

Should ask, what are thoughts upon attempting to invite players from the rest of /pol/ynesia to have them set up some businesses in the harbour district?  It's kinda barren right now, and having them set up their own businesses here would change that, bring in money, bring in resources we are low on, and would increase traffic to Tygura if the shops have to be restocked (never worked with them, so I have no idea whether they need to or not).
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2015, 03:57:44 pm »

Use obsidian reinforced with stone or iron for the bank vault.
We have a local government vault too.
Built up a small Bank of Tygura.  Current thought is to have it use our current, small vault to store items for people (mainly new players).  Transactions would be recorded in a book and quill.  If plots of land start being rented, accounts could gain interest and loans could be provided to new players.

Should ask, what are thoughts upon attempting to invite players from the rest of /pol/ynesia to have them set up some businesses in the harbour district?  It's kinda barren right now, and having them set up their own businesses here would change that, bring in money, bring in resources we are low on, and would increase traffic to Tygura if the shops have to be restocked (never worked with them, so I have no idea whether they need to or not).
Aufdenstadt said he'd consider opening a shop in /tg/. I'll need to advertise more to them to get them to set up stores.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2015, 11:21:09 pm »

Here's a more modern map of Tygura, with some ideas for various projects to be done to build up Tygura.  A couple more would include a small gatehouse along the path from the harbor district to the Akihabara road (Put just south of the easternmost end of the Military complex?), an overhaul of the road to Akihabara and its bridge, the effective removal of two hills around the Platinum Gate that allow for enemy archers to hit those on the wall, as well as blocking line of sight from the wall, the construction of another bridge next to the Bank of Tygura to go over to the Plot-based residential district, the addition of a support structure to the Blood Gate bridge, the completion of the underwater support structures for the new areas of the southern road (between the waterfront and the harbor as well as between the harbor and Akihabara road) and the bridge to the Industrial district, and the full automation of the Nether Farm.  Some things are larger than others and a few wouldn't really end (ex. Random construction of the ghetto, the construction in the Administration district, the construction of the Industrial district, the plot-based housing district, and the farms), due to being able to constantly expand.  It's a lot of stuff, but now people should have an idea of what could be done around Tygura if they can't think of anything to work on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2015, 09:45:52 am »

Outcast extended an offer to me to redirect myself and others to finishing the vault dig quickly (after Christmas) which I have taken since the vault dig has been a big thorn in our side for the last few weeks, so before we start any major projects that should definitely be considered.
Ghetto needs to be contained, possibly to having it extend only up the river north eastward and not south westward.
Administration District sounds like a fair idea, I like it. Plan to build a Cathedral/Temple of Armok still stands for the old /k/ Mission site. We may want to consider eventually building a palace in that area. Not sure what kind of palace would be suitable though (that Titan build was fucking sweet though)
We ought to make a new tree farm out east for spruce and build an oak tree farm for exp ingredient export purposes.
Nether Farm is a major focus since we're in need of gold tools, so after the vault dig I'm inclined to think that'd be something to work on and get out of the way first.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:51:19 am by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - Tygurian Rise
« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2015, 02:18:50 pm »

Assuming the quarry out by the Magmagate tree farm isn't being used for something, Jedi and myself were considering building a rather different sort of Titan in it.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31