Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48937 times)

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - Tygurian Rebirth
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2015, 09:19:48 pm »

A market district sounds nice considering it's on the water. Also if we are going to talk about important stuff on the server, we might want to talk on TGGov.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2015, 04:52:46 pm »

I like the idea of renting out the plots for shops and all that rather than housing. Prebuilt housing may turn off new people.
Also I'm going to shill tomorrow and on Saturday.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2015, 08:27:43 pm »

I like the idea of renting out the plots for shops and all that rather than housing. Prebuilt housing may turn off new people.

It's more a case of temporary housing to be utilized until a main house has been built and as a location for those to live who do not want to deal with rent.  The market could instead be relocated to the Harbor district.

I'm thinking we may want to hold off shilling this week.  We still have a bit to do (laying out plots of land for residential areas, rebuilt sections of the Harbor district, build up the entrance a bit, get a map to give people directions to get to our location the easiest (Rails and Roads), etc).  Plus, we need to fill the positions of power (Probably want to add the constitution to the thread as well.  Probably want to put a few copies of it in Minecraft itself as well.).  We really aren't set up to handle an influx of players at the current time.  Don't deny we aren't ready.  The new players came in asking about jobs, and we didn't know what was needed for them to do.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:31:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:10 pm »

Oh Jesus fuck not this shit again...
I'm gonna have to come back won't I...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2015, 12:10:56 am »

It's more a case of temporary housing to be utilized until a main house has been built and as a location for those to live who do not want to deal with rent.  The market could instead be relocated to the Harbor district.

I'm thinking we may want to hold off shilling this week.  We still have a bit to do (laying out plots of land for residential areas, rebuilt sections of the Harbor district, build up the entrance a bit, get a map to give people directions to get to our location the easiest (Rails and Roads), etc).  Plus, we need to fill the positions of power (Probably want to add the constitution to the thread as well.  Probably want to put a few copies of it in Minecraft itself as well.).  We really aren't set up to handle an influx of players at the current time.  Don't deny we aren't ready.  The new players came in asking about jobs, and we didn't know what was needed for them to do.

Lots of people have exams this week and the next too, so activity is probably gonna be pretty low.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2015, 03:34:44 pm »

Oh Jesus fuck not this shit again...
I'm gonna have to come back won't I...
Completely up to you.

Gonna hold off on shilling for this week due to the exams. I was going to put one up on the off-chance someone who isn't in college sees it but there's not a huge chance.
Hopefully those dudes from the last wave show back up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:57:37 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2015, 10:33:44 pm »

Here's a map of Tygura as it currently stands.  A bit small due to the my attempt at an export not having gone through properly, so I had to piece it together from some of the smaller pieces automatically saved by Mapwriter.

It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2015, 11:51:19 pm »

I should visit one day, it's grown so much.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 12, 2015, 01:11:17 am »

I'm on my way to the town now. I covered most of the walk last night, but I can ride rails the rest of the way. Should be there within the hour.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 12, 2015, 01:26:59 am »

I'm afraid I won't be able to receive you tonight, so I guess we'd better hope Bob's active.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2015, 01:37:07 am »

I'm active. Just mined a whole shitton of iron and diamond.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2015, 01:54:10 am »

Managed to get a higher quality map of the town made.  Here it is:

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2015, 11:09:26 pm »

Was going to finish the trip tonight, but I won't be able to. They're taking campus internet down for maintenance at midnight tonight, and it'll be down for most of tomorrow as well. You all probably won't see me until Thursday night at the earliest. I'm really looking forward to seeing the town though, from the map it looks like we've got a pretty nice site.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »

I'm heading over. IGN is same as my username.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »

I won't be on this evening but if anyone is on we need pumpkins for the exp cauldron, have everything else we need for at least maybe 4 runs.
I'm heading over. IGN is same as my username.
Good to hear my friend.
Adam Sandler.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31