Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48881 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold MkII - Dawn of Tygura
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2015, 01:15:47 am »

This is Bay12, we're- almost -all autistic here!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2015, 01:50:01 am »

Also, at some point we need to build a curtain-wall across the peninsula we're on, or dig/blast a moat, so we're less accessible.
Depends on the resource costs I guess.
Also, at some point we need to build a curtain-wall across the peninsula we're on, or dig/blast a moat, so we're less accessible.

Why?  We're a small town, any people would go after somewhere either larger or less populated.
We definitely need more new people from /tg/ to man the place. I'd like to see Tyguria have not only an actively evolving city but a decently large population where there's at least someone on at any time a day. It's hard to recruit autistic Aussies specifically, but I'm sure several will surface during a shill wave eventually  :P
By minecraft standards I'm far from Autistic.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2015, 01:52:08 am »

This is Bay12, we're- almost -all autistic here!

Almost (if not) all of us being insane, yes.  Almost all of us being autistic, I don't think so.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2015, 02:02:18 am »

This is Bay12, we're- almost -all autisticCOMPLETELY (mostly) INSANE here!
Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:03:53 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2015, 03:08:08 am »

Autism possibly not the right word. I think I meant Aspbergers'd. Somewhere on the spectrum, anyway. The syndrome comes on a huge sliding scale from full-on autistic-but-worse to symptoms-indistinguishable-from-very-minor-OCD, and I think some amount of it is necessary to be entirely comfortable with dwarf fortress' idiosyncrasies.

Could be wrong. The game very definitely inspires comedic-sociopathic behavior in ninety-three-point-four-seven percent of players though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:27 am »

I'm not going to mention a certain former Dwarven king.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2015, 03:34:54 pm »

Lol
Adam Sandler.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

!!!!WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!

STUFF FROM 8CHAN INDICATES THAT ADMINS ARE BECOMING SJW BADMINS. GOING AROUND CHANGING USERNAMES ON REDDIT  PLUS THEIR OWN FORUMS, AND CENSORING OPPOSITION COMMENTS. BE READY TO ABANDON SERVER!

I'm not going to mention a certain former Dwarven king.
Tapuea?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2015, 05:44:34 pm »

A bit reactionary, admins are merely changing offensive usernames, mostly those with the words nigger or tranny. Which is rather standard for online gaming, but it's odd that minecraft allowed whatever usernames to begin with.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »

NO. THEY ARE DELETING COMMENTS. THAT'S THE MAIN REASON WHY. ALSO BANNING ACCOUNTS MAYBE.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

Can you provide proof that this is not just a r:ogue admin?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »

Can you provide proof that this is not just a r:ogue admin?
It's Hobo and some of the lesser mods, TTK2's turning a blind eye to the whole thing since he probably didn't need them for anything else. I myself am afraid that they'll start becoming extremely reactionary and will encroach in ways that will affect even Tyguria. We can ride the storm out probably though.
!!!!WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!

STUFF FROM 8CHAN INDICATES THAT ADMINS ARE BECOMING SJW BADMINS. GOING AROUND CHANGING USERNAMES ON REDDIT  PLUS THEIR OWN FORUMS, AND CENSORING OPPOSITION COMMENTS. BE READY TO ABANDON SERVER!
Tapuea?
Calm down Poke, please don't shit up the thread with spam posts.
A bit reactionary, admins are merely changing offensive usernames, mostly those with the words nigger or tranny. Which is rather standard for online gaming, but it's odd that minecraft allowed whatever usernames to begin with.
Marc Mojang figured out there's no reason to stop people since they will either find creative ways around it, or will be more obnoxious (more importantly, we're the customers and it makes sense to let us have shitty names as long as they don't actually affect anything, which edgy or obnoxious names don't).
The admins need to not go against the will of the many because like 2 white dudes believe they should take offense for black people or gays or whoever.
THEY ARE DELETING COMMENTS. ALSO BANNING ACCOUNTS MAYBE.
This is the biggest problem here really. They have banned people from their github forum thing, which is a red flag.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:16:21 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2015, 11:43:46 pm »

THE ISSUE IS THAT THE SJWS INFEST A COMMUNITY AND THEN TURN IT INTO AUTHORITARIAN UNDIVERSE HYPOCRITICAL HELLHOLE WITH NO CREDIBILITY. ESPECIALLY IF THEY GO UNOPPOSED. THEN THEY MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE AND ABANDON IT TO DIE. ALTHOUGH SINCE TTK2 IS NOT A LEFTY, THEY WILL LIKELY BE STOPPED. THEY WILL STILL TRY, AND THE DAMAGE WILL BE DONE.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2015, 12:55:44 am »

THE ISSUE IS THAT THE SJWS INFEST A COMMUNITY AND THEN TURN IT INTO AUTHORITARIAN UNDIVERSE HYPOCRITICAL HELLHOLE WITH NO CREDIBILITY. ESPECIALLY IF THEY GO UNOPPOSED. THEN THEY MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE AND ABANDON IT TO DIE. ALTHOUGH SINCE TTK2 IS NOT A LEFTY, THEY WILL LIKELY BE STOPPED. THEY WILL STILL TRY, AND THE DAMAGE WILL BE DONE.
Please don't type in all caps here, Poke. You're making the opposition to the decision look worse. At this time there seems to be nothing I nor you nor Marc nor anyone can do to get rid of hobo nor Jacynth right now. I know they're not acting with the community in mind here but just be patient, don't play victim, and more importantly, don't shit up my Bay12 thread.
Adam Sandler.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2015, 01:48:44 am »

Wow.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31