Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48807 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

You know what, that Atlantis idea sounds pretty fucking cool. I don't know if the town would really do well though built like that nor am I sure it'd even get finished at all. (-1220, 9199) is a flawless location as far as I'm aware, it's distant enough from other claims and can be easily connected by rail and road. I think we might have our location.

If we make it modular, finished isn't a concern.  Just make it so that each building is at least 7 apart and have each structure have a passageway through it for the roads, above the water.  Maybe have there need to be some sort of structure at the bottom keeping it afloat.  Have the floating stuff have a max mass of 2000 blocks and communal stuff be within the tower (maybe have it stretch in a roughly 15 by 15 by 50 above the water).  Build the Collesium anchored to the bottom at 2325, 9200 as that would be a structure that would surpass 2000 blocks.  Maybe do the same for a boat dock at 2317, 9162.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:33:51 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile

I would prefer if we built the mountain stronghold first, really. Perhaps the town could be used ad temporarie until the base of the Atlantis type construct is completed, and then newfriends interested in it could shift to there? I don't know if it's really worth the trouble.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I would prefer if we built the mountain stronghold first, really. Perhaps the town could be used ad temporarie until the base of the Atlantis type construct is completed, and then newfriends interested in it could shift to there? I don't know if it's really worth the trouble.

If /k/ allows usage of (2024, 9363), we can build them in the same area.  We just limit the aboveground city the the nearby beach, make both bottlenecks a bit wider, and have it so that the stronghold only heads east (maybe have the aboveground area stretch across the water with the same limitations as what I listed, with a main highway), towards the area for a tower at (2187, 9364).
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile

If /k/ allows usage of (2024, 9363), we can build them in the same area.  We just limit the aboveground city the the nearby beach, make both bottlenecks a bit wider, and have it so that the stronghold only heads east (maybe have the aboveground area stretch across the water with the same limitations as what I listed, with a main highway), towards the area for a tower at (2187, 9364).
Building on the beach would result in a claims conflict between /k/ and the settlement. And I honestly think a sealand set up would leave Atlantis looking like a cluttered shit heap in the end somehow. Land at (-1220, 9199) can be worked into submission more easily. The tower would probably look much better and function more well on top of a mountain than rising out of the sea anyhow. 
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Building on the beach would result in a claims conflict between /k/ and the settlement.

As I said, it would only be if they allowed it.

And I honestly think a sealand set up would leave Atlantis looking like a cluttered shit heap in the end somehow.

Maybe.

Land at (-1220, 9199) can be worked into submission more easily.

Probably.  Hopefully we don't accidentally cause an incident with Viridian.

The tower would probably look much better and function more well on top of a mountain than rising out of the sea anyhow. 

I'd probably go with carved into the cliffs rather than a massive tower.  Though it is a bit difficult to tell how mountainous the area is.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile

You won't cause any incidents, Viridian is dead except for some bigwigs who maintain Versailles too. Only thing we need to make sure of is none of the newfriends raid /int/ or /v/iridian because some of them get pissed when people raid those derelicted towns.

I made a shill thread on 8chan /tg/, I'll get around to 4's /tg/ maybe tonight or tomorrow. Not sure when.
Let's all hope it goes well
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 04:51:32 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'm heading up to the location.  Got a really bad connection but I can get it working.

-1230, 9600 is the rough area of a ravine.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:24:25 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile

I'm heading up to the location.  Got a really bad connection but I can get it working.

-1230, 9600 is the rough area of a ravine.
I assume you set up at the coords for the settlement, the settlement base camp that Spongy built (very generously might I add) is across the wooden bridge from the coords. There's a potato farm and lodgings. First thing I will have to do is head back to volk and borrow stone to make a stone smelter and a coal smelter, since I assume that will be the basic building material for the stronghold portion. I guess I'll do that tomorrow.
Also I invited you to the TGGov group, I'll be making you an admin of the group in case you want to continue with the stronghold and the town.
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

This looks fairly interesting, might show up as a grunt worker or something.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

When you guys get settled I'll pop down to help with building.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Vaguely interested. I have a good bit of free time which I'd normally use being productive, but because I work 9 hours a day as a baker, I don't have much energy for productivity before/after work. Username is dhokarena56. Can someone PM me coords?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile

This looks fairly interesting, might show up as a grunt worker or something.
Good to hear.
What's your IGN?
When you guys get settled I'll pop down to help with building.
Also good to hear. And if Chrispie starts shit over Vienna I might trek north just for the chance of pearling that fucker.
Vaguely interested. I have a good bit of free time which I'd normally use being productive, but because I work 9 hours a day as a baker, I don't have much energy for productivity before/after work. Username is dhokarena56. Can someone PM me coords?
The settlement or SparkGears? Settlement is (-1220, 9199). I'll keep SparkGears' location more hidden to prevent grief but it wouldn't really help making the Bay-/tg/ stronghold/town settlement a Secret Club because because if WP or extra-server raiders come for us they'll come for us. It would be better to make a formidable Stronghold/vault set-up assuming this town gets off the ground.
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold MkII - The Unnamed Fortress Lives!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »

Same as here, Amperzand. Where {Which server, which place} should I show up first?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 08:37:32 pm »

Same as here, Amperzand. Where {Which server, which place} should I show up first?
Currently I'm trying to start a new /tg/ town on Civcraft. I'm unsure what's going on with the minetohelp server, if that's still even a thing.
The coords for the /tg/ town are in the OP. We'll need builders and mentors for when the first /tg/ newfags arrive to help get them set up.
Currently the /tg/ town is lacking a bunkhouse with beds for people to set their spawns, I'll probably head up to Volk and grab some.
I built a ghetto shitshack bunkhouse.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:48:45 am by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 01:16:54 am »

Thank you, I'll be there when free time happens.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31