Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48878 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - Tygurian Rise
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2015, 07:00:39 am »

Civcraft doesn't support flying slime blocks :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2015, 07:02:49 am »

aww.
Wait you can do that?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 26, 2015, 08:03:38 am »

aww.
Wait you can do that?
Yeah combined with sticky pistons you can make small machines that crawl across the sky one piston pump at a time.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 26, 2015, 02:57:10 pm »

aww.
Wait you can do that?
Yeah combined with sticky pistons you can make small machines that crawl across the sky one piston pump at a time.

Too bad. Regularly scheduled flights at molasses-speed would be exactly the sort of pointless effort-sink a Dwarf Fortress encampment needs.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2015, 03:22:02 pm »

You can actually build some pretty fast ones, though riding them can be difficult.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 27, 2015, 12:10:21 am »

That's what we need. Maybe we can find some way to trap boats inside of it, and sell seats. Hitchhikers'd do about as well as anyone who tried to cling to the wings of a plane IRL.

Anyway, I'm not gonna be able to get on through next week, I'm going on a week-long trip and I'll honestly be lucky to even have cell coverage. I'll be back next Sunday, but I'm off the grid until then.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 27, 2015, 12:24:29 am »

You can drop boats into place with well-placed water...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2015, 12:27:33 am »

@zanz; Given the tests I've seen of those things, I don't think a lagging server would end well.

That's mainly due to the amount of pistons used in them, I would believe.  Made a small recording of the one I made about a year ago, and was able to make a much smaller variant soon after.  Smaller one is roughly the two engines at either end and a small holder for the boat.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2015, 12:42:10 am »

I designed an almost lag free automatic cane farm using an airship but it didn't work on civcraft :(

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 27, 2015, 06:24:06 pm »

Don't know if this is a joke or not but someone claims to be making a furry town
If this is true and we find out where it is, I will personally go there and set fire to it.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2015, 06:36:54 pm »

Don't know if this is a joke or not but someone claims to be making a furry town
If this is true and we find out where it is, I will personally go there and set fire to it.

Wonder if we could use this to bring people in from /tg/ as a call to a Warhammer 40k type Crusade...maybe have the Military Complex be a Legion or Chapter homebase.  Maybe have an Inquisition headquarters in the Administration district (next to the missile silo?) and have members set up hidden bases across the world.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2015, 06:37:43 pm »

We clearly need to wage our first war, if we can avoid angering any allies they've somehow obtained.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2015, 06:44:20 pm »

We clearly need to wage our first war, if we can avoid angering any allies they've somehow obtained.

Best as I can tell, most civcraft players are going to be waiting a short time to see if it lasts.  If we decide to exploit this for our own recruitment, we have a small window where anger will be minimal.  If we are going to do this ourselves for the recruitment, we have to do things quickly, lest they get wiped out before we can properly recruit.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 27, 2015, 06:49:13 pm »

I seem to recall there was a furry town that channers would semi regularly raze to the ground.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 27, 2015, 08:15:49 pm »

Turns out it was just Chrispie pulling a practical joke on us.
I was excited too, thought I could crusade a furfag town.
Adam Sandler.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31