Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 48884 times)

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold MkII - Dawn of Tygura
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2015, 02:32:31 am »

Titan restoration project is official. Contact Ryden if you want to participate.
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2015, 06:03:27 am »

There is a slight problem with my FPS getting below one when I get within a kilometer of Titan, so I think I'll pass. Hope it turns out all right, though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2015, 08:19:54 pm »

I..... That's crazy, I can understand fellowship causing this but not Titan, it's just a hole right now.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2015, 08:35:33 pm »

The partially ruined city with a train station which I passed through and believed to be Titan nearly killed my CPU.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2015, 12:20:52 am »

I..... That's crazy, I can understand fellowship causing this but not Titan, it's just a hole right now.
It won't be used as a vault city if we successfully revive it.
Also currently pearled, went to go see what the fuss about Mir was when /pol/'s surveillance party stumbled across it surveying the land for illegal shitshacks.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:34 am »

I'm curious as to seeing how much of the town we can fit within the current extent of the walls, just by building upwards to the sky and down into the earth.  To that end, I'm going to work on the verticality by building a second (?) layer of roads.  Then squeeze in some constructs we can put buildings on.  Probably will convert my house into...something.  It'll come to me.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2015, 03:14:35 am »

We can also use minecartevators to build a second, flying city overhead, if doing so isn't deemed too elfy. Lava-based rocket engines would be needed, of course.

@Bobispearled; So do we need to make some effort to unpearl Bob?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2015, 03:40:54 am »

We can also use minecartevators to build a second, flying city overhead, if doing so isn't deemed too elfy. Lava-based rocket engines would be needed, of course.

Nah.  Everyone builds flying cities.  Labrynthian multilevelled mazelike nightmares that stretch from fairly high up to deep underground that confuse all newcomers, giving defenders a massive homefield advantage?  Not many build those.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2015, 05:07:45 am »

I also happened to be passing through the area of Mir during the skirmish. I was looking for a world border vault containing a quitting players wealth.
Here's a photo gallery of the conflict: https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/3fp4rf/murmur_at_mir_a_shocking_photo_expose/
I apologise for accusing you of being a ringleader Bob, it's gonzo journalism and sensationalism sells newspapers man. 
Also the piece displays heavy pro chanadian bias, despite my personal siding with Mir on this one. Also diplomatically my nation was formerly allied with Mir. Don't let that make you worried, we don't want conflict, we came to this quadrant trying to avoid the drama that plagued us in the +-.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2015, 05:11:44 am »

@Flying cities; Aight. For that matter, my own skyhovel is fairly uninteresting, and I'm not feeling inspired. I will likely convert it entirely into an oversight station, glass floors and such, so that we can get an overhead view of the city, then claim a dormhovel room.

@Mir problems; What the devil's even going on up there?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2015, 08:04:34 am »

Land claims dispute, very complicated. A guy owned land down there, joined chanada, then gave some of his land to Mir, forgetting that he gave away that right when he joined chanada. Furthermore when he originally obtained that land it was under a clause that the land will forever be accessable to people in FAGT, and by extension it's successor which is Chanada.
So chanadians showed up to kick up a stink about the illegal occupation, were pearled and now theres peace talks. There was also a short lived declaration of open war by Mir but that's been held off as peace talks go on.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:30 pm »

What fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »

Sounds pretty cool, except for the pearling.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2015, 03:29:06 pm »

Mir has given the Chanadian Confederation a 24 hour notice before they declare war, Marc posted on the sub saying he was supporting them (for some fucking reason)
Marc, please stay neutral if anything. The last thing I want is a fellow Dorffag getting pearled amidst a large conflict, Mir doesn't have the manpower to defend their vault for long and if you guys jump in you'll get vaporized by the crossfire.

There's a chance this conflict won't break out but if it does it could be World War 1.
Land claims dispute, very complicated. A guy owned land down there, joined chanada, then gave some of his land to Mir, forgetting that he gave away that right when he joined chanada. Furthermore when he originally obtained that land it was under a clause that the land will forever be accessable to people in FAGT, and by extension it's successor which is Chanada.
So chanadians showed up to kick up a stink about the illegal occupation, were pearled and now theres peace talks. There was also a short lived declaration of open war by Mir but that's been held off as peace talks go on.
I'd honestly hate to see Mir get its shit kicked in but if they go the war route we have enough allies that they'd go down quickly.
Adam Sandler.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »

I was pointing out that under the terms of our alliance we didn't actually have to get involved in their war, which is great really because neutral is always benificial.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31