Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange Mood cause?  (Read 1151 times)

kirunobliv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange Mood cause?
« on: December 06, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »

I dont know if anyone has ever investigated if there is a cause of  strange mood... but I had a stoneworker deconstruct a stone floor about 5 levels above the ground, promptly falling to his death. Not a few minutes later, another stoneworker (I'm not sure if they are friends) had a fey mood, commandeeed a craftsshop and made a stone crown, with a picture of a falling dwarf on it.

Coincidence?

quot;..." - anon., Emo

Mystry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mood cause?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »

Dwarves will periodically put images of recent events like that on engravings and artifacts, decorations ect.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

that is odd, it would have been stranger if he used the bones from the dropped dwarf
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

kirunobliv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

That would have been odd and quite interesting but it was SO soon after the death that his body hadnt even rotted. No one had even gotten around to draggin his corpse out of the way...
quot;..." - anon., Emo

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:19:00 am »

What [Mystry] said. I think the way that the system works is that it 'logs' all occurrences of certain types of events, and when a dwarf makes an artifact/engraving, it randomly selects one of those events and uses it. This is why newer fortresses mostly get 'the dwarves are travelling' - they haven't had a chance to accumulate other types of important events yet, and the 'travelling' thing is obviously a default.

It wouldn't surprise me if an event was logged as soon as it happened, which is why that image was made so quickly after the happenstance.