Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [ISG] You, are the Dungeons Master  (Read 5369 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] You, are the Dungeon Master
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 07:20:57 pm »

Let's designate the lower left corner of the map as A1. Letters are on the Y axis, numbers are on the X Axis.

Mine out the following:

C5
D5
E5
F5
G4
G5
G6
H4
H5
H6

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:41 pm »

Let's designate the lower left corner of the map as A1. Letters are on the Y axis, numbers are on the X Axis.

Mine out the following:

C5
D5
E5
F5
G4
G5
G6
H4
H5
H6
+1
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 08:03:51 pm »

Gives us a nice corridor to make a killzone.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »

can we have the Cordiant grid added to the image? I have an idea but I need to see what im talking about.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 05:16:31 am »

Seems like tacking on some numbers to ease coordination didn't come to my mind before. Here you go then;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Else, while I already work on the update, feel free to tunnel otherwise, cause that will be the "last" part I'll be doing.
That, and copy-pasting 10 tiles, really isn't much of a chore either way.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 04:34:26 pm by escaped lurker »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 06:14:40 am »

PTW
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 09:17:11 am »

This design has a high degree of defense and can be made either gradually or all at once, It's narrow corridors interspersed by larger rooms allows for an incredible amount of defense and creativity, as you can scale Building importance based on how deep into the "Kill corridor" it is, and place either traps or more buildings in the hallways connecting them, Later on we may even be able to create secret doorways in between the walls to speed up commute, but for right now, a bit of convenience must be sacrificed for protection.

If half squares are not allowed, They can simply be ignored.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 10:01:22 am »

If half squares are not allowed, They can simply be ignored.

Well, I don't see any compelling use or need for them. If you have something in mind, do tell - I might implement it then.

As food for thought, you can certainly Wall off previously mined tiles.
Building such a thick wall, obviously comes at a somewhat hefty price, and even then it will be thrice as easy to break through if compared to real rock. Which is nothing to be worried about, unless besieged by a very dedicated, or powerfull enemy.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 12:37:16 pm »

The main reason for half squares is for controlling what Squares are connected, and making defenses more efficient. for example, instead of the narrow cracks in that first picture, we could mine out half squares to make this

Which looks more natural with the curving tunnels.

But ultimately, like you said, it isn't necessary, just a bit of efficiency luxury..

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 01:11:07 pm »

How big are buildings supposed to be? I assume they fit within one tile, but would we be able to dig out a tunnel and just have our minions walk through mushroom farms or do they have to be kept in "compartments" so they can be accessed without blocking pathways?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 01:26:58 pm »

How big are buildings supposed to be? I assume they fit within one tile, but would we be able to dig out a tunnel and just have our minions walk through mushroom farms or do they have to be kept in "compartments" so they can be accessed without blocking pathways?

Buildings are 1 Tile, and units have no problem walking through them. Well, unless they are special buildings like traps, fortifications and mines. (The not-exploding kind)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ISG] You, are the Dungeon Master
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 04:33:07 pm »

Here comes our first in-game turn. Tiles & Portraits will be drawn as needed, though I will likely draw ahead when I find time to do so. Also, Zane's monocles look funky as hell! o°

You, are the Dungeon Master
Turn 1

Excavating your new home, is an act of hasty might. With the rock resisting your workers every advance, only tireless effort earns the desired result.
Still, after a few days of non-stop work, after broken pickaxes and broken bones, it finally is done.

Standing in the newly hewn halls of your domain, what you feel is pride. A slither, really, considering that you have seen trolls housing better than the bare rock-walls that you are surrounded by. Still, it is a start.

And what a start indeed, for you have found four veins! Two of them are Copper, G3 & H7, The Iron one is D6, and, most promising, at G7 you have found Silver!
( My dice n' cup really liked those rolls, it seems)

The peasants are antsy to get a mine started - after they have built themselves some houses.
Speaking of housing, your troops also hinted that they would like to lie awake "someplace not the cold floor". Needy wimps.

Like before, your soldiers are willing to pitch in for the start. A one-time offer, they assure you, and only limited to help building their own barracks, but even unskilled zombie hands can do some work.
You get another 2 Work Actions for this turn.

Your Troops
While you have spared every expense, there was also some logic and reasoning behind taking only so relative few with you. Greater bands, do after all attract attention far more easily.
You take a moment to look at the brave defenders of your realm. And regret it immediately.

Zombie Defender 5x (5 Gold)
Your under-average zombie, feeding ground for flies, maggots, and other vermin.
Brandishing a nailed club and a shield, it wades into combat. Slowly.

12 HP, 1 Armour, 4 DMG, 1 Movement
Wooden Shield: +1 Armour

Shade 5x (7 Gold)
A lesser vengeful spirit, risen from those who died plain, but somewhat unjust deaths.
Now, it retaliates, sending searing pain unto the living! Provided, it finds the drive to do so...

8 HP, 3 DMG, 3 MP, 1 Movement
Pain: 1 MP, 7 DMG, 3 Range

Spoiler: The Monolith (click to show/hide)
Funds: 300 Gold
Monthly Income: 0 Gold
Idle Workers: 4+2
Spoiler: New Buildings (click to show/hide)
No Recruiting yet
No Research yet

Work Actions
While money can move mountains, it can only do so one rock at a time.
Every worker will finish one piece of work per month, albeit most of them will tend to work some sort of building.
"Idle Workers" will show how many workers are available / unemployed.

Rail-Roading is over! Time for your own decisions...

Any questions, ideas or concerns? Out with them ;3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 05:02:24 pm »

Traps?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »

Small housing G4

Small barracks G6

Mine H7

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 05:17:40 pm »

Do we have enough work actions for all that? I thought we only had six workers available, counting the bonus 2
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5