Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [ISG] You, are the Dungeons Master  (Read 5376 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] You, are the Dungeon Master
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 02:07:55 pm »

I as well think demonic reader sounds good.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 02:15:16 pm »

Voting any-but-savage Reaver.
Right.. I had this explanation in once, but seemingly cut it at some point;

There is no drawback to any faction / race / job combination, unless it is a troll combination like "Ogre Rogue", "Impling Warrior" or "Zombie Druid". The "ranking" of the attributes in the faction, just describes what their armies are made up off.

Thus, a Savage Mage, is not worse than an Undead one, at least if they are on the same "level". Point is, the Undead will likely employ a big pool of mages, and thus dominate their battles through their different spells, whereas Savage battles will only have them in a supporting role, with their brutes and beasts wreaking havoc with their respective passive skills.

It is nice that we seem to reach a conclusion on what type of faction and archetype you want, but there is also the name and actual race to consider...

Character Faction:
Name:
Race & Appearance:
Archetype & Custom Class:

Well, or I'll have to roll for that with the two suggestions available.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 02:25:41 pm »

Character Faction: Savage
Name: Shadesnarl
Race & Appearance: Kobold. Male, scalebold.
Archetype & Custom Class: Shadow Dancer (Marksman) - An assassin with a healthy dose of shadow and illusion magic. Also uses poisons and a blowgun.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 02:57:48 pm »

I simply don't want us to be the Savage faction. And I would like our class to be a Reaver (or Arcane Warrior).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 03:03:14 pm »

Character Faction: Undead.
Name: (I don't care. Pick a name.)
Race & Appearance: A skeletal humanoid in a black robe with two monocles. It is a well known fact that all wizards wear monocles. Therefore, double monocle clearly means double the power!
Archetype & Custom Class: Reaver Necromonoclenomancer. (Basically a necromancer with a focus on direct attacks/afflictions and mid combat temporary/permanent gear enchantments/alterations. Such as changing a Monocle of Clarity midcombat into a Monocle of Defence. Or a Sword of Banefire into a Sword of Fleshmelt. Or a Dagger of Venom into a Dagger of Toxin. Those effects would be either temporary or permanent depending on the specifics. Could technically enchant an enemy's weapon midcombat to heal instead of hurt if they had enough time. Or a minion's weapon to raise x amount of corpses killed with it until it runs out of energy.)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »

Character Faction: Undead.
Name: (I don't care. Pick a name.)
Race & Appearance: A skeletal humanoid in a black robe with two monocles. It is a well known fact that all wizards wear monocles. Therefore, double monocle clearly means double the power!
Archetype & Custom Class: Reaver Necromonoclenomancer. (Basically a necromancer with a focus on direct attacks/afflictions and mid combat temporary/permanent gear enchantments/alterations. Such as changing a Monocle of Clarity midcombat into a Monocle of Defence. Or a Sword of Banefire into a Sword of Fleshmelt. Or a Dagger of Venom into a Dagger of Toxin. Those effects would be either temporary or permanent depending on the specifics. Could technically enchant an enemy's weapon midcombat to heal instead of hurt if they had enough time. Or a minion's weapon to raise x amount of corpses killed with it until it runs out of energy.)
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 03:28:53 pm »

SAVEAGE REVAER WITH CLOCKWORK SKILL!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 03:47:21 pm »

I vote Undead Reaver.
+1, since we can't have the machine faction. Even though I can easily think of a way to not make it OP. For one, make them doing more actions cost fuel, be it magical energy or natural ones, to replace economy. Second, make the main character have to go out and find things to make the machines out of, or send out minions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:50:44 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 04:22:12 pm »

So... Undead Reaver it is. Voting is closed. In the meantime I'll get the turn ready.

Should you decide to give our actor a name, or an undead "race", feel free to do so. Else I'll come up with something, and we will most likely end up as zombie or skeleton.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 04:28:38 pm »

Zane, the Skeletal Draco-Lich. He hates apple pie.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 04:38:07 pm »

PTW

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 04:39:41 pm »

Archetype & Custom Class: Reaver Necromonoclenomancer.

We are a skelebum.

Zane works for the name.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »

Why is it EVERYONE uses unread? I mean look at demons, depending on the universe, there are demons who use strings to use your friend's body as a puppet. Sorry for the rant it's just that in every dungeon master suggestion game I have been in undead has won the vote.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

We can summon demons later. I'm sure they'll be willing to work with walking corpses.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 05:03:37 pm »

Am I the only one who's thought how how powerful using necromancy and demonology together? Demon possessed skeletons, extremely strong zombies? Even though I wanted machines :(.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5