Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [ISG] You, are the Dungeons Master  (Read 5374 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ISG] You, are the Dungeons Master
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:27 am »

You, are the Dungeons Master

Yes. Yes you are.
Or, well, you are about to become one.

You got enough might to hold your own in combat, enough standing to get your lessers to follow you, and even enough money to start such a settlement.
And, as luck would have it, you even found the perfect place for a dungeon too!

But, before we delve further into what you will set into motion, allow us to know more about you;

Character Faction
While more or less united against other, hostile alliances, birds of a feather do tend to flock together;
You won't be able to gather those with alien customs and mindsets easily, especially at the beginning.

Savage

The creatures and beings of this category, are hardy and unpretentious - if a bit crude.
Their armies value Power foremost, Finesse as a close Second, and only minorly rely on Magick.

Demonic

The creatures and beings of this category, are extraplanar interlopers, or of their lineage.
Their armies value Finesse foremost, Magick as a close Second, and only minorly rely on Power.

Undead

The creatures and beings of this category, all share some kind of unnatural state of being.
Their armies value Magick foremost, Power as a close Second, and only minorly rely on Finesse.

Your Name, Great One
What? Useless Flattery? Never would I dare so!

Race and Appearance
Choose your race, gender, and - if you would like so - some short pointers about your appearance.
What race or creature exactly, is really left up to your own imagination, as long as it fits your choosen faction, and isn't overpowered.

Archtype and Custom Class
After choosing an archetype, feel free to add a bit more depth to your class, like a specific name, and what you are able to do.
You also might want to take a quick look at the explanation for Power, Finesse and Magick, one section below.

Warrior Archetype: Major Attribute Power, Minor Attribute Finesse
Just the typical Hack'n Slash fighter, relying on his body alone.

Arcane Knight Archetype: Major Attribute  Power, Minor Attribute Magick
A fighter which also dabbles in some sort of magic, or faith.

Marksman Archetype: Major Attribute Finesse, Minor Attribute Magick
Most often a ranged fighter, supplying his arsenal with spells and cantrips.

Rogue Archetype: Major Attribute Finesse, Minor Attribute Power
Employing an agility-based fighting style, these types often fight underhanded.

Wizard Archetype: Major Attribute Magick, Minor Attribute Finesse
The typical mage or cleric, almost exclusively relying on their mind alone.

Reaver Archetype: Major Attribute Magick, Minor Attribute Power
A rare combat mage, supplementing his magic with melee combat.

Attributes Explained
Power is a measure of strength & constitution, often associated with Warriors, Brutes and Beasts.
Those with high Power, may have access to passive skills for combat, which are mostly a constant addition to combat efficiency.

Finesse is a measure of dexterity & wit, often associated with Hunters, Rogues and Fencers.
Those with high Finesse, may have access to active skills for combat, which are quite effective, but can depending on certain situations.

Magick is a measure of spellery & wisdom, often associated with Wizards, Arcanists and Clerics.
Those with high Magick, may have access to magic skills for combat, which are very effective, but limited and thus often quickly exhausted.

Choices to be felled:

Character Faction:
Name:
Race & Appearance:
Archetype & Custom Class:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:34:04 pm by escaped lurker »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] You, are the Dungeon Master
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:33:34 am »

Character Faction: Nonsense! We rely on our technological automatons, which use Finesse, power, and magic in that order
Name: Ricardo De Flores
Race & Appearance: We are a Drow, the most respectable and capable elf. Our place hair is extremely long, and of course is contrasted by our grey-black skin.
Archetype & Custom Class: A reaver, we are called the creator. We imbue our creations with magic to make them work, even though such doesn't follow some laws of science.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:53:48 am »

Character Faction: Nonsense! We rely on our technological automatons, which use Finesse, power, and magic in that order
Race & Appearance: We are a Drow, the most respectable and capable elf. Our place hair is extremely long, and of course is contrasted by our grey-black skin.
Archetype & Custom Class: A reaver, we are called the creator. We imbue our creations with magic to make them work, even though such doesn't follow some laws of science.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:04:14 am »

Character Faction: CHOAS... what we can't use chaos? Okay then Demonic.
Human Name:Avery "breaks all the rules" Vanderson
Demon Name: Vashna, the dark one, or the coffee maker on friday
Race & Appearance: We are a tiefling, a bastard born of an arch demon and a human, we ourselves have two short red horns poking out from our hair which is brown, and a red tail which looks like a cow tail except for the color.
Archetype & Custom Class: Wizard and Sorcelock, a strange mixture of sorcerer and warlock.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:51 am »

Well.. the main problem I see with this one, is that there aren't that many "racial" options for units; Clockwork Automatons, Metal Golems, and I'm stuck already.

As for units themselves; Defenders, Shredders, Arbalester, Lightning-Throwers, Chargers (think mech. centaur with lance), some sort of Flyers, Steam- Flame- Molten-Copper- Throwers. I think I could make it work, but the pre-thought factions just have so much more races to fall back on, that it will be hard to beat their diversity-"potential".

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:27:44 am »

Well.. the main problem I see with this one, is that there aren't that many "racial" options for units; Clockwork Automatons, Metal Golems, and I'm stuck already.

As for units themselves; Defenders, Shredders, Arbalester, Lightning-Throwers, Chargers (think mech. centaur with lance), some sort of Flyers, Steam- Flame- Molten-Copper- Throwers. I think I could make it work, but the pre-thought factions just have so much more races to fall back on, that it will be hard to beat their diversity-"potential".
A system that **might** work will be a chassis + extension system. So each unit is his own custom unit.

But yeah that might be too much fiddling in the long run. KISS guys.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:30:33 am »

lets do this one. I like it. im sure you can come up with some clockwork stuff. I sure can.

likeee.....fate the traitor soul. that game had a race called cogers. they looked human-ish but they would modify thre bodies with clockwork parts. and we can fit a lot of verity into golems and automations. giant metal dragons, flame spewing mechanical turrets. ect.[/b

alternatively we could use the savage race to complement our magic, but I like this idea
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »

Let's be steampunk zombies.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 12:51:22 pm »

Well, it seems there is quite the interest in us being able to create mechanical beings.
Still, I am unconvinced that they alone would make a good faction, especially without our actor being overpowered. Because if building your own faction from scratch doesn't fit that bill, what would, right?

As such, I decided to not allow the machine faction, but I'll offer you this compromise instead;

If you choose either Wizard or Reaver Archetype, you will have the following option to choose from next "turn":

Experimental Golemancer: Start with the ability to construct magical constructs, and one troop of such constructs.

That way, we would actually have even more diversity, I would not have to make ammendments to the economy system due to a mindless faction, nor give our actor severe drawbacks due to being overpowered / toning down the constructs themselves.

For those wondering, there are about 10 of such options to choose from, and 2 points to do so - but really, that would be for next turn.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 01:10:20 pm »

Let's be undead. Nothing says "fuck you" like using someone's friend's recently killed corpse to murder the person.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:20:42 pm by Kevak »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:18:42 pm »

Let's be undead. Nothing says "fuck you" like using soneone's friend's recently killed corpse to murder the person.
+1.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:00 pm »

Well, it seems there is quite the interest in us being able to create mechanical beings.
Still, I am unconvinced that they alone would make a good faction, especially without our actor being overpowered. Because if building your own faction from scratch doesn't fit that bill, what would, right?

As such, I decided to not allow the machine faction, but I'll offer you this compromise instead;

If you choose either Wizard or Reaver Archetype, you will have the following option to choose from next "turn":

Experimental Golemancer: Start with the ability to construct magical constructs, and one troop of such constructs.

That way, we would actually have even more diversity, I would not have to make ammendments to the economy system due to a mindless faction, nor give our actor severe drawbacks due to being overpowered / toning down the constructs themselves.

For those wondering, there are about 10 of such options to choose from, and 2 points to do so - but really, that would be for next turn.

this works. I vote savege
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:47 pm »

I vote Undead Reaver.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »

I say demonic reaver!

Jeez, this si going to be tough!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 01:45:39 pm »

Voting any-but-savage Reaver.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5