Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (7/6) OOC  (Read 3406 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (4/6)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 08:20:26 pm »

Physically... Not too sure exactly. They aren't big towering brutes, but they aren't kobolds either. More or less in-between the two. Culturally, they're from a mediterranean climate, fairly warm to their preference which means that most of the buildings they have tend to be flat-roofed which lets the users access it on nice days. Not particularly religious. They aren't too fond of most wizards or magic, preferring enchanted equipment over actual wizards.

Attitude-wise, they're fairly adventurous and curious. A little telling that, even with those, there's few wizards of their kind in comparison to anyone else, and those are mostly focused on enchanting.

As for the homeland resources, I'm a little undecided on that given that I'm not sure on what would be suitable. Extra immigrants or something?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:55 pm »

I'd probably say extra food because of the Mediterranean climate. It could even be enchanting materials if you think that they would produce lots of those.

EDIT: @vjmdhzgr: I may actually allow cave spiders, but not giant ones. Giant creatures probably wont be easy to cross the sea and thus aren't allowed. Which rules out dratha and rutherers on size as well as being exotic.

EDITEDIT: I kinda like the idea of plump helmet men, but those would be more like slaves or citizens. Which I don't particularly mind I guess.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:31:19 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:28 pm »

Well, I'll take that then. I can see that working. And the racial bonus?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:48 pm »

A check for if centaurs can be approved.

Extremely good at combat and archery, and hunting, Reasonably useful for logistics, pretty awful for anything else.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 08:49:53 pm »

A check for if centaurs can be approved.

Extremely good at combat and archery, and hunting, Reasonably useful for logistics, pretty awful for anything else.

Centaurs are not only allowed, but also my favorite fantasy race! ;D. They would be wonderful archers, and pretty good melee combatants. You're in.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »

Well, I'll take that then. I can see that working. And the racial bonus?

Racial bonus: Better melee combatants (due to scales), worse/rarer wizards.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 10:26:27 pm »

Alright, I think I've finally figured it out, but I need to reduce the amount of food I'm bringing for straw. So in that introduction thing you say everybody starts with 200 colonists, and that each unit eats 1 food every turn. I had been assuming unit meant the people like workers and melee units and that people not employed by the government get their own food somehow. Is this correct? Or is 2 food the minimum I need?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 10:33:30 pm »

Each unit of food feeds 100 people for a turn. You do get 200 peasants, they also consume your food. Two food would feed your people for 1 full turn.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (2/6)
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 11:00:13 pm »

Character Name: Durin Grayforge
Race: Dwarves and Gnomes
Race bonus: Excellent Metalworking and Mining
Homeland Resources: Food. While it would make sense to get gems or something, we're really good miners so we'd probably get plenty on our own.
Starting Resources: 3 food(900), 1 melee unit(400), 2 workers(500), leaving 200 gold left with which I don't think I can do anything meaningful.
Speech color: Orange glow because I don't know how to do colors other than glow.
Alright. I really hope brining a melee unit to start doesn't end up being a big waste, but don't tell me, if I mess up, I'll mess up. Speaking of messing up, I believe half the lizardfolk are set to starve the first turn, something should probably be done about that.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 01:18:03 am »

Character Name: Ulamo
Race: Centaurs
Race bonus: Great Archers and Good melee, force multiplier as workers (but worse off individually), poor for anything else (especially magic). Can eat straw for food.
Homeland Resources: Straw
Starting Resources:
1 Archer
1 Stone
1 Lumber
1 Straw
1 Food
Speech color: Glowing Brown!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:20:38 am by evilcherry »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 01:48:48 am »

Character Name: Ninthalor
Race: Wood elf
Race bonus: incredible archers and decent assassins.
Homeland Resources: Lumber
Starting Resources:
Wizard: 500+XXX(druid)
Breeding pair of tamed cougars (150+XX)*2
Archer: 400
Remaining points: Food
Speech color: green
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:54:05 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 05:04:33 am »

Character Name: Viceroy Kistos
Race: Inheritors/Seconders (a species of six-legged arthropods and a centaur-like torso and limbs. On average, have the same bodily lengths as a horse)
Race Bonus: Divine Right. +1 Vote. If this is OP, how about this: Diplomatic Approach. Better negotiation with encountered groups and individuals.
Homeland Resources: Metal
Starting Resources:
Worker x1 (500)
Straw x2 (400)
Animal: Giant Aphid (secretes sugar/breed quickly) x2 (300+???)
Food x2 (600)
Remaining Gold: 200
Speech color: Navy Blue

Spoiler: Inheritor Fluff (click to show/hide)
Questions:
1. What do colonists do? By themselves they seem like a manpower pool that can be converted to other types and don't cost food. But since everyone starts with 200 of them, does that mean someone can convert their whole population to 200 assassins if they had the resources?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:01:40 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 06:23:04 am »

Damn, this is way too many opponent applicants. I was looking forward to have the xeno pave the way towards my success.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 07:30:50 am »

and don't cost food.
They do cost food. Currently we have three people set up to immediately starve half of their population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 07:56:17 am »

After a little reading, the best I can understand is that you would need a minimum of 2 food for your population to survive a turn....Am I getting this right?

Derp. Didn't read the 2nd page.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:03:03 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5