Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (7/6) OOC  (Read 3398 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

The world is in a cold war. Or a very warm peace, its hard to tell. For centuries the races have warred almost endlessly, but in recent years a treaty has brought a tentative peace to the lands. Now a new continent has been discovered in the west and this discovery has threatened to unbalance the delicate peace. Tales of danger, fortune, and glory spread like wildfire across the land. The discovery was made by a new world power, the Republic of Magical Races (RMR) and the have proposed the following.On this new continent a republic of all the races will be established. All major races, and many minor races, will be allowed a seat at this new table of power. And a cut of the riches.

The Game:
Players will play as a representative of their race of choice and will try to advance their political goals as well as the goals of their people and country.

The game will be split into three phases, each lasting about 12-24 irl hours.

Issues Phase: When the RMR Head of Colony brings new issues to the attention of the members and the members discuss the issues.
Voting Phase: When the members vote on aforementioned issues.
Action phase: When players can mobilize their resources and take various actions.

There are several preapproved races, however custom races can be PM'd to me and I can give it the OK or veto them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Preapproved Races:

Things to Consider:

About the Action Phase:

Starting Resources Shop:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:55:20 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:20:10 pm »

Character Name: Jack Richards
Race: Human
Race Bonus: Profit Increase
Homeland Resources: Lumber
Starting Resources: 1 Lumber -500
2 Food -600
1 Straw -200
1 Sheep -150
2 Worker -500
50 Gold Left.

Does that look good?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:36:37 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

Character Name: Jack Richards
Race: Human
Race Bonus: Profit Increase
Homeland Resources: Lumber
Starting Resources:

How much do pigs and sheep cost? Need to know before I buy resources.

Probably about 150 each since you have to care for them and bring enough food to cross the ocean.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 05:40:04 pm »

Alright, I've chosen my resources. Hopefully, we don't get slaughtered as soon as we land. I mostly bought resources, not people, since I figure resources will be extremely important in the early stages, and I can hopefully just convert peasants when I need to.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (1/6)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 06:12:22 pm »

Character Name: Throg Troll Slayer
Race: Green Ork
Race Bonus: Extreme Limber Jacking
Homeland Resources: Slave's
Starting Resources:

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 06:20:21 pm »

I'd quite like to be dwarves, but will need to be away for my computer for about an hour soon so may I reserve them?
Also, that racial bonus, do we decide exactly what it does? It would probably be best if you decided on which one each race gets, but I could try and make one myself.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 06:24:41 pm »

I'd quite like to be dwarves, but will need to be away for my computer for about an hour soon so may I reserve them?
Also, that racial bonus, do we decide exactly what it does? It would probably be best if you decided on which one each race gets, but I could try and make one myself.

The racial bonus is writen with the description. For dwarves and gnomes, they make better metal workers than other races. Yes, you may reserve a spot.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (2/6)
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 08:39:46 pm »

Character Name: Durin Grayforge
Race: Dwarves and Gnomes
Race bonus: Excellent Metalworking and Mining
Homeland Resources: Food. While it would make sense to get gems or something, we're really good miners so we'd probably get plenty on our own.
Starting Resources: 3 food, 1 melee unit, 2 workers. I'm guessing we'll have an opportunity to get food immediately? Otherwise one worker would essentially cost 1,150 due to needing three food before the action phase.
Speech color: Orange glow because I don't know how to do colors other than glow.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 10:24:07 pm »

Homeland Resources: Food. While it would make sense to get gems or something, we're really good miners so we'd probably get plenty on our own.
Starting Resources: 3 food, 1 melee unit, 2 workers. I'm guessing we'll have an opportunity to get food immediately? Otherwise one worker would essentially cost 1,150 due to needing three food before the action phase.
Speech color: Orange glow because I don't know how to do colors other than glow.

Each unit eats 1 food. You bought 300 not 3 food. It is unlikely you will get a lot of food right away. And they eat 1 food per turn, which is a complete cycle of the three phases.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 11:23:35 pm »

Each unit eats 1 food. You bought 300 not 3 food. It is unlikely you will get a lot of food right away. And they eat 1 food per turn, which is a complete cycle of the three phases.
Oh. I guess i'll completely redo that then. I had thought it meant each phase counted as a turn for food eating. Do you bring 100 stone or wood as well? Does each worker represent 100 workers? Are there any other things where one unit of something counts for more than one of it?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (3/6)
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 08:50:54 am »

That's not exactly what I meant, I'm not explaining this well at all. Let me try it like this: So you buy a food unit. That unit can feed 100 per turn. So in essence, all units eat .01 food per turn. Small animals may eat .01 straw per turn, but larger animals may eat more. Some animals (like dogs or any non-herbivore really) can't eat straw and must eat food.

Likewise when you buy a lumber unit, you are not buying a single plank of wood, but many pieces of wood. Same with stone and metal and gems and whatnot. Each worker is only one worker however.

Sorry for my poor earlier explanation.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 01:58:37 pm »

Alright, I'm interested.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:04:19 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 07:05:15 pm »

Alright, I'm interested.

Oh no! I'm going to have to change one of the tribes if you play lizard men Spoilers. No big deal though. What kind of lizard men do you want? If you could describe their approximate size, attitude, and culture that would be helpful to me for determining race bonuses. Doesn't have to be anything long or anything crazy, I just need to know if your playing as kobolds or big burly brutes. You pick your homeland resources.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:23:22 pm by Spiderking50 »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

Starting Resources: 2 food, 1 melee unit, 2 workers, then 2 of some kind of dwarven animal. Plump helmet men? Cave crocodiles? Water buffalo? Cats? Giant cave spiders? Dralthas? Rutherers? Water buffalo would be the easiest to figure out, but the other ones are more fun.
Alright, so, we've moved from one starting resources problem to another. It would probably just be easiest to say what you'd be willing to let me have and if there would be any benefits or drawbacks to them. Water buffalo, dralthas, and rutherers, would probably be easiest, and thinking about it I'll just go with rutherers if you want to figure out what they'd be like, or what r buffalo if you don't. I guess just ignore the others unless you really like one of them for some reason.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics: A Fantasy Politics/Colonization Game (4/6)
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »

I think I'm going to draw the line at exotic animals. Dwarves cant have those at embark, you know that  :P Which means cats and waterbuffalo are the only real options from that list. Cats would be cheap, probably like 50, but cant eat straw. Waterbuffalo would be more like 250 since they are large pack animals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5