Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor for mayor  (Read 1465 times)

intently

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armor for mayor
« on: December 06, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »

Is there a way to force the mayor to wear armor?  When dwarves get upset over art defacement they head to him for consoling, but then usually beat on him for a while.  It'd be nice to give him some protection from the tantruming legendary dwarves who seek him out.

kirunobliv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armor for mayor
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »

My mayor was (he died in a goblin seige) activated in the military and off duty. Its freed him completley of hauling duties, he wore full plate, used a shield, etc... And while not meeting with people/liasons he spars which raises tougness.
quot;..." - anon., Emo

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

My mayor is on hunting duty.  He wears full plate and chain, and carries a crossbow.

But doesn't that put him at high risk for wandering into some goblin crossfire?

Not when every other legendary is also on hunting duty.  Wild animals don't last long on my map.

Plus, it means that at trade time, he's usually milling about the trade depot with a crossbow, and eager to shoot down any thieves.

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 11:32:00 pm »

Yeah, Most of my Mayors are from the military ( Usually ones with minor internal injuries that never heal and cause them to sit around making friends all day ). Then again, 70% of my fort IS military..

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 11:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hypcso:
<STRONG>Yeah, Most of my Mayors are from the military ( Usually ones with minor internal injuries that never heal and cause them to sit around making friends all day ). Then again, 70% of my fort IS military..</STRONG>

Wow, now, on the first read, that sounds like another odd element of dwarf fortress, but at second look, doesn't that sound like how you would expect a dwarf fortress to work?

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

intently

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »

So mayors (and other nobles?) will do their jobs if they're in the military but off duty?