Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18331 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »

Tower Carus scowled "Silence the both of you. This is a time of tragedy and yet you sit there and trade barbs about patriotism. Agitating each other like common dockside ruffians. Let us keep the discussion to the points at hand."

Clearing his throat, Norvar speaks further.

"We have ships, we have soldiers. What need have we of an overland route that would be purchased at a high cost? I say nay to these 'proposals', we have no need to beggar ourselves to fight this war.

The Senex is right, we must have a Judge, when criminals stand even amongst this noble gathering. I would caution my fellow Towers strongly against anyone proposing nominations for the position. Because no doubt the responsible parties will try quite swiftly to place one of their lickspittles in the position, to weaken Ragona during a time when she needs must be strong.

Instead we shall wait, mourn a great man who did fine service for Ragona, find those responsible, and punish them. Then and only then can we safely consider his replacement."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2015, 03:44:05 pm »

Tower Riskov rose to speak next.

"The calamity that has befallen our republic is not one of fate, but of human malice! Such vile acts cannot and will not stand! Not only was the investigation interrupted, but the whole system of the state was frozen because of it.

Yes, we need a new Judge, but we also have our Senex requesting that we address the issue by declaration of emergency powers to be passed to him. The question is, are we in such danger as to need such measure? Shall we not hold to normal procedures? Not only an ongoing investigation was disrupted, but a time of war is upon us ad the matters are becoming a strain on this republic.

Yet, in this trying time, we can show resolve and unity, strengthening the state and our republic by rallying and indeed, granting these powers to Senex for the time being. I must say, summary resolution of the matter is something we desperately need, but lets not forget that we cannot be hasty in passing judgments ourselves, but hold on to what makes this republic work, that is to say its laws.

Finally, I see no reason to concede to any of these proposals. We have troops and Towers willing to ferry them. I say we make use of it and do not deny ourselves by agreeing to deals that are less than worthwhile."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2015, 04:58:38 am »

"Tower Stonetree, I will admit that my words were ill-advised, and I will apologize for them. But I must demand an apology for your defiling of the hallowed ground of this hall, or I will ask for retribution.

Regarding the matter of the Judgeship, while I think the constitution is clear that a new Judge need to be elected, I see no problem with electing the Senex to this office.

Now, while we speak of Justice, there is yet another crime that need to be investigated. The rebels in Sarlax were armed by a Ragonan weaponmonger. A maniple of our Centuria died slain by weapons manufactured in this city.

Finding where they come from shouldn't be too hard, there simply aren't that many ironworks in town. And once we do, someone will have to pay the price for treason. Death."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2015, 05:14:32 am »

"Why, its not surprising they used Ragonan arms and armor, half of Lucinda's Tail is using our iron! Not to mention they were stolen from our troops and warehouses, to insinuate any outward malice from OUR side in the rebellion is nothing short of inciting hatred in times of war!"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2015, 05:17:00 am »

"In addition to the fact that enough weapons to equip several maniples suddenly showed up in Sarlax, my men actually captured some low-level arms dealer supplying the rebels directly. It hink Tower Goldbloom got reports confirming this fact as well."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2015, 05:20:43 am »

"As you said yourself, 'low-level arms dealer.' I think you are too hasty in dismissing the rebels' capacity for organizing themselves. After all, I don't see why anyone would take conquest of their people lightly."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2015, 05:23:39 am »

"The fact that I only intercepted footsoldiers doesn't change the fact that someone was supplying large quantities of weapons to the rebels. At the very least, the matter is worth investigating, don't you thin?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2015, 05:32:33 am »

"Of course it is. I only find it strange that the investigation was not started in Sarlax and not by questioning the captives and trying to find the leads in the country. Dragging the case straight here without solid proof is not only a waste of time, it is a waste of your authority since you see it fit to bother the Council with petty accusations.

A better question to this Council and the Crowns is - what resolution should we expect for the trial of Tower Windborn? Shall we wait till Senex take the judicial power? Will the proof be presented then? Or should we expect a summary execution without a trial? I know speculation should never be a part of judicial process, as facts are the sole matter of interest, but in the interest of presenting those facts ahead of time, I would like to being a preliminary discussion of the matter."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2015, 05:33:05 am »

Conferring briefly with a rotund clerk standing behind him, Norvar waits to speak before chiming in "I am told that in the event of imminent justice, smugglers often become ridiculously difficult to find. I doubt we will find any trace of this phantom menace. In fact, I doubt there was any malice involved in this weapon smuggling, simply profit. A thing I am sure all too many of us are familiar with."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2015, 05:37:24 am »

"Well, I am willing to open the registry of my ironworks to investigators. Are the other Towers involved in the weapon trade willing to do likewise?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2015, 07:37:19 am »

Tower Elbegast makes his stand, "On the matters under discussion I have these points to make: "First, that I offer my fleet to the cause of moving men across the peninsula, rather than paying the Barons their fees. As for the second offer, if we can arrange a fixed term for the trade restrictions, a year for instance, then it would be an advantageous deal. I say also that we should elect a judge from our number this very session. There is no use tarrying with the matter.

"I nominate Tower Eric Richards to the position. He is a true man of justice. While he had reservations with entering to begin with, he selflessly and immediately pledged his full force to fight against the injustice faced by the Lorenze when the war begun. He sided with Anterra's true claim to the mine and he has backed the aqueduct projects for the poor. Indeed, wherever the needs of the city are pitted against the desires of individual Towers, you will find Richards nobly standing with the city. He has my pledge."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2015, 05:41:21 pm »

I agree with the esteemed Tower Elbegast on the matter of a limited period for trade restrictions. We cannot permanently cripple ourselves for a route to Anterra. Especially when we have the means for ourselves.

On the matter of the trial I am hesitant to elect a single stand in for the high judge. With a trail of one of our own this fortnight, I fear that appointing a single individual leaves too much to chance. If they have personal feelings or opinions on the trial then the verdict may be tainted. Now of course no one would do this intentionally, but it is hard for any man to ignore his gut instincts when such a heinous crime has been committed.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2015, 08:35:07 pm »

"Tower Stonetree, I will admit that my words were ill-advised, and I will apologize for them. But I must demand an apology for your defiling of the hallowed ground of this hall, or I will ask for retribution.

Regarding the matter of the Judgeship, while I think the constitution is clear that a new Judge need to be elected, I see no problem with electing the Senex to this office.

Now, while we speak of Justice, there is yet another crime that need to be investigated. The rebels in Sarlax were armed by a Ragonan weaponmonger. A maniple of our Centuria died slain by weapons manufactured in this city.

Finding where they come from shouldn't be too hard, there simply aren't that many ironworks in town. And once we do, someone will have to pay the price for treason. Death."

Tower Jeppol stands up"For this I know my fellow Towers, I know the man who committed this Treason against Ragona." Telmar levels a finger across the room. "It was Tower Carus!"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2015, 08:55:18 pm »

Norvar smiles widely. "Baseless accusations, of course. I have at no point shipped weapons anywhere near the Irlaxi. I would have to consult my ledgers, but I believe the holds of my ships have been either full of men to fight pirates, or goods of my own industries."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »

Richards, oddly silent for most of the debate, takes the floor, a grim look on his face.

"I would like to start by offering my condolences to the family and friends of our dear friend the Judge. I will be attending his funeral to personally offer my condolences to his widow, and I expect to see many of you there."

"As for the nomination, thank you, Tower Elbegast. If the council chooses to elect me, I will accept, but I will not bother campaigning for myself."

The grey-eyed Tower shakes his head for a few moments, before smiling.

"Well, on to the real business at hand. If we have enough ships, I see no reason to submit to foreign extortion. I have, admittedly, been slightly out of the conversation, and would appreciate if my esteemed fellows would be willing to fill me in."

Richards stiffens, before continuing, at a slower pace.

"I have circumstantial evidence that argues against your accusation, Tower Carus. I'm not willing to divulge what, exactly, it is, since one of my men is currently investigating, but I would like to see what you've discovered."

"Now, if there's nothing I've missed, I'll be back to my seat."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27